Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indeed... that is unfortunate because he's probably the one buyout guy we could have actually used.

I understand Lowry might be bought out as well, but the same problem.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to see them go after Killian Hayes. Maybe Lopez or Biz from a size perspective? It would give us another guard and some size.

P.S. Lopez back here made me vomit a little but hey beggars and all.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Honestly, I am not too impressed with the "revamped" roster. O'Neale is "maybe/sort of" a minor bench upgrade. Roddy really doesn't bring anything above the four guys we dumped, and downgrades our overall size significantly. I also have a hard time imagining we are going to get any value from the buyout market that we actually have access to.

And I know some might say the guys we are shipping out weren't getting it done either, but I also have to wonder how much of that had to do with being misused by a lousy coaching staff who doesn't have a clue how to fit pieces together.

I feel overall like we really are stuck between a rock and a hard place. We have a "big three" but a deeply flawed one with very little margin for error to make that pay off. And a rather poor coach and GM/front office to try and navigate that small margin for error.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PJ Tucker will not request a buyout per report.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I am not too impressed with the "revamped" roster. O'Neale is "maybe/sort of" a minor bench upgrade. Roddy really doesn't bring anything above the four guys we dumped, and downgrades our overall size significantly. I also have a hard time imagining we are going to get any value from the buyout market that we actually have access to.

And I know some might say the guys we are shipping out weren't getting it done either, but I also have to wonder how much of that had to do with being misused by a lousy coaching staff who doesn't have a clue how to fit pieces together.

I feel overall like we really are stuck between a rock and a hard place. We have a "big three" but a deeply flawed one with very little margin for error to make that pay off. And a rather poor coach and GM/front office to try and navigate that small margin for error.

I like that the Suns now have two roster spots open to fill specific needs like backup depth at center and point guard.

It's more than just the two players they added which address a need at power forward.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would love to see them go after Killian Hayes. Maybe Lopez or Biz from a size perspective? It would give us another guard and some size.

P.S. Lopez back here made me vomit a little but hey beggars and all.

As mentioned in the other thread, I wouldn't touch Hayes with a 10,000 foot pole. He's awful, far far worse than anyone on our roster, he's "Elfrid Payton in the hair blocking shot era" terrible.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What think did Kai Jones do, i forget why he made headlines a few months back.

Was calling himself the "GOAT" and dragging his team and franchise through the mud repeatedly on social media. He supposedly was generally toxic and not worth the headache.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Nobody to get very excited about there. Hayes and Gallinari are (statistically) probably the best players on that list. Maybe Thad Young if he gets cut loose.