Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I know you all are thinking I'm just being negative to be negative - but I really don't see it.

I seriously don't understand how anyone could be encouraged after that performance last night. We were playing the equivalent of a bottom 5 team considering their injuries and struggled to put them away.
No they weren't. Come on, don't be ridiculous. You go out of your way to criticize the Suns, no need to make crap up. They didn't put them away when they probably should, but Milwaukee isn't bottom 5 even with their absences.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing we do know - Ishbia isn't afraid to go big and money is no issue - honestly I'd wager anyone not named Book Beal or KD is moveable for the right piece(s) in return - Ishbia wants to win now - makes me wonder how we got out did for Tillman

Could Ishbia have another jaw dropping move in the works? I doubt it but I don't doubt him if that makes any sense

Yeah, I don't think money would hold the Suns back making a trade.

The rumored trade for Miles Bridges shows how far the Suns might go.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns best chance to make a trade might be to get a spinoff player in a larger trade where there are excess pieces.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those still thinking about Miles Bridges, he has scored consecutive 40 point games.

So far, he has 45 points tonight in a game in progress.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those still thinking about Miles Bridges, he has scored consecutive 40 point games.

I don’t give a flying f into a rolling donut if he was averaging 50 ppg. Bring that piece of crap on to this team after booting Sarver is crossing a bridge my fandom just won’t tolerate.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

It certainly seems to decrease the probability that Charlotte will dump him for a song even if they might end up losing him for nothing at the end of the year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It certainly seems to decrease the probability that Charlotte will dump him for a song even if they might end up losing him for nothing at the end of the year.

On a podcast today, I heard the Hornets might be able to do a sign-and-trade with Miles Bridges this summer. If so, this could affect their thinking.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No they weren't. Come on, don't be ridiculous. You go out of your way to criticize the Suns, no need to make crap up. They didn't put them away when they probably should, but Milwaukee isn't bottom 5 even with their absences.
How are they not, other than Giannis they dont have a single other player that played that a team would want to be a starter.

they are probably the only team in the league with a worse bench than the suns yet they still stayed close.

im not going out of my way to criticize, it’s just we sold the entire next decade to compete for the title and it sure is looking like a giant failure to me at this point, and quite frankly that pisses me off.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Frank Vogel is happy with the group he has if the Suns don't make amove.

The same Frank Vogel that hyped up Ayton and then dropped him.. which I understand.. you can’t give hints you’re about to get rid of someone..

if you do then you start to notice printer paper and office supplies are slowly missing... people's lunches starts to come up missing in the fridge.. then you realize damn I should have been low key nice and backed him public while secretly boxing up his stuff..

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

He would be a legitimate game changer but I think he stays in Charlotte. He can get more money there than anywhere else and it doesn’t seem like there’s much pushback in the community over his transgressions (probably because the Hornets are irrelevant).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He would be a legitimate game changer but I think he stays in Charlotte. He can get more money there than anywhere else and it doesn’t seem like there’s much pushback in the community over his transgressions (probably because the Hornets are irrelevant).

Hmm. Suns are reportedly still interested in Miles Bridges.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@Carolinacacti what's the local sentiment towards Miles Bridges? Could Charlotte retain him with minimal pushback? Figure you have a better idea as a Carolina resident.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe this means they are not going after the woman beater.

There is so much stuff floating out there it's hard to know what is real but Royce O'Neal has been rumored to be on the Suns radar for a while.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Hmm. Suns are reportedly still interested in Miles Bridges.

While I get the antipathy towards Bridges (I'm not thrilled about him myself), this is quite literally the only move the Suns could possibly make that would result in any improvement of their chances to win anything.

It would be the "sell your soul" type of move we haven't historically seen them do, but it would likely elevate them to, at minimum, co-favorites in the West along with the Clippers. I guess people can individually decide if they are okay with that or not.

I expect they will more likely do nothing, or make the typical James Jones rearrange deck chairs kind of meaningless move. The one thing that would possibly be extra frustrating about that would be if some other contender in the West (possibly even the Clippers) pulls off a trade for Bridges. That honestly might leave a more sour taste than the Suns trading for him.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Sounds like the market for signing released players after the deadline is going to be a greater focus than a trade.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I get the antipathy towards Bridges (I'm not thrilled about him myself), this is quite literally the only move the Suns could possibly make that would result in any improvement of their chances to win anything.

It would be the "sell your soul" type of move we haven't historically seen them do, but it would likely elevate them to, at minimum, co-favorites in the West along with the Clippers. I guess people can individually decide if they are okay with that or not.

I expect they will more likely do nothing, or make the typical James Jones rearrange deck chairs kind of meaningless move. The one thing that would possibly be extra frustrating about that would be if some other contender in the West (possibly even the Clippers) pulls off a trade for Bridges. That honestly might leave a more sour taste than the Suns trading for him.

After coming this far, I'd be more disappointed if the Suns did nothing.

It reminds me a bit of the 2020-21 team, where I thought adding another depth power forward might have helped them in the Finals.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is talk again about the Suns trying to acquire Royce O'Neal for Nassir Little and two 2nd round picks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard