Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
People R gonna Lose they minds if we trade for Bridges.
Putting aside the controversy about Bridges, how does he fit in with the Suns exactly? He seems like kind of an overlap with Durant/Allen at SF as far as offense, and he's not exactly the post presence, defender, or rebounder they need. I guess he would be an upgrade off the bench if they want to use him in that role.
Oh he's a ballah! Would open the floor even more. He plays at the rim will dunk more in one game than DA will in his career.
And the path would be WIDE open for him to make a big impact down the lane. He's a good fit for the TEAM.
Not a good PR fit for sure and he may or may not be a convict shortly.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
People R gonna Lose they minds if we trade for Bridges.

Oh he's a ballah! Would open the floor even more. He plays at the rim will dunk more in one game than DA will in his career.
And the path would be WIDE open for him to make a big impact down the lane. He's a good fit for the TEAM.
Not a good PR fit for sure and he may or may not be a convict shortly.
That's the risk. What if he has to serve time. That would be a wasted trade.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I don't want Bridges but the bird rights thing confuses me, typically in trades the Bird Rights always carry over.

Maybe it is because he is on a qualifying offer?
He's on the one-year escape contract this season. Since his original team has basically given up on him, I think that means no Bird rights.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You spelled "ON" wrong.
WTF? Am I missing a joke here or are you implying that I'd have a Hard On and basically love getting a guy who beats his girlfriend?

Last edited:

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You know how this goes we wait and wait and end up with Bizmack or best case Dario. (not that I wouldn't be thrilled to have biz or the homie back)
Maybe Tucker?
Seriously do the O'neal thing then throw the last 11mil at the buyout market. I listen to enough fighting at work, home the news etc. Sports is all I got!
#sunslife

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is the same height as Okogie and he does a pretty good job when we put him on other opposing offensive scorers. That's how O'Neale is being used right now. He usually faces the other teams best scorers.

The thinking might be if we have two of those types of players we shouldn't have a drop off when Okogie goes to the bench. We now have another option. Theoretically it should make our defense more consistent.

In his days at Utah, I mostly remember O'Neal shooting threes from the corner to spread the court.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know how this goes we wait and wait and end up with Bizmack or best case Dario. (not that I wouldn't be thrilled to have biz or the homie back)
Maybe Tucker?
Seriously do the O'neal thing then throw the last 11mil at the buyout market. I listen to enough fighting at work, home the news etc. Sports is all I got!
#sunslife

The Suns are seriously weak inside. They need to do something if they want to be contenders.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about the potential Bridges deal. As far as basketball is concerned, it's a great move, but I am having a really hard time moving past his off-court issues. What gets me is that these are not just allegations, this is not a "he said, she said" type of a thing- everyone knows what happened. I just feel like this is (or would be) a selling your soul type of a move.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about the potential Bridges deal. As far as basketball is concerned, it's a great move, but I am having a really hard time moving past his off-court issues. What gets me is that these are not just allegations, this is not a "he said, she said" type of a thing- everyone knows what happened. I just feel like this is (or would be) a selling your soul type of a move.
I feel the same... very ambivalent.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Issue is that there could be some basketball issues with this move as well. His situation isn't resolved and we could potentially put all our eggs into this basket and then have him miss the end of the season and maybe the playoffs as well.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Issue is that there could be some basketball issues with this move as well. His situation isn't resolved and we could potentially put all our eggs into this basket and then have him miss the end of the season and maybe the playoffs as well.

And deservedly so.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I will be shocked if this happens. There is an outstanding warrant for his arrest. Come on man, just say no. The Suns are not this stupid.

Domestic violence charges[edit]​

On June 29, 2022, Bridges was arrested in Los Angeles for felony domestic violence and was released on $130,000 bond.[74] He allegedly assaulted Mychelle Johnson in front of their two children.[75] According to Johnson's hospital report which she posted to Instagram, she was an "adult victim of abuse by male partner" which included assault by strangulation, brain concussion, closed fracture of nasal bone, contusion of rib, multiple bruises, and a neck muscle strain. On July 19, Bridges was charged with one felony count of injuring a child's parent and two felony counts of child abuse.[76] The following day, he pled not guilty to all three charges at his arraignment.[77] On November 3, he pled no contest to the felony domestic charge and was sentenced to three years of probation. The other two charges were dismissed.[78]

In October 2023, Bridges was charged with violating his probation and protection order after an October 6 incident where he allegedly threw billiard balls at Johnson's car, breaking her windshield while their children were inside the car. Bridges' current girlfriend is also alleged to have kicked the car while yelling in Johnson's direction. Bridges turned himself in on October 13 and was released upon paying $1,000 bond. At this time, Bridges had an outstanding warrant stemming from January 2023 that had yet to be served.[79][80]

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be shocked if this happens. There is an outstanding warrant for his arrest. Come on man, just say no. The Suns are not this stupid.
I know there's often more to the story than we're told but I can't think of anything that could explain away the actions of this guy. Or justify Ishbia's rumored interest in him.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I know there's often more to the story than we're told but I can't think of anything that could explain away the actions of this guy. Or justify Ishbia's rumored interest in him.
I would assume Ishbia got some kind of "insider" counsel on this from Izzo. Whether that was good advice or not, I wouldn't hazard a guess. But I would imagine that's some of the presumed due diligence he is relying on.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If Miles Bridges had not allegedly violated probation and protection order, I might feel better about his legal status.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Miles Bridges had not allegedly violated probation and protection order, I might feel better about his legal status.
Yeah, he was looking pretty awful before he violated the order. Now, he appears irredeemable.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score

We sold our soul when we traded for KD, its a slippery Slope. He's not know as the Slim Reaper for nothing.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Izzo connection + pressure to win a title + new owner syndrome + Isiah behind the scenes = potentially irrational decisions

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We sold our soul when we traded for KD, its a slippery Slope. He's not know as the Slim Reaper for nothing.
No. There’s no comparison in trading for KD and a guy who brutally beat up his child’s Mom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard