Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I agree.

The one thing I was surprised by during preseason play was how effortlessly they would create a 20 point margin.

It could be the opponent can’t hit baskets but they would amass a 20 minute lead in a matter of minutes.

If repeatable in the regular season games we are looking at history being made.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree.

The one thing I was surprised by during preseason play was how effortlessly they would create a 20 point margin.

It could be the opponent can’t hit baskets but they would amass a 20 minute lead in a matter of minutes.

An excellent offense and a good defense will do that for you. I expect the Suns to be relentless if they use their depth.

This is what will separate them from a lot of teams.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I had no idea this was a thing. Enjoy

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree.

I expect it honestly. We absolutely were crushing people in the preseason when our big 3 played, and we have the 3 point shooting.

Only thing that could stop it is injuries, that's the only thing that can stop this team period IMO.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
An excellent offense and a good defense will do that for you. I expect the Suns to be relentless if they use their depth.

This is what will separate them from a lot of teams.
I agree.

Last year teams outplayed us when our bench came in, I don't think that is happening this year, especially if we keep at least 1 of the 3 on the court at all times.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree.

Last year teams outplayed us when our bench came in, I don't think that is happening this year, especially if we keep at least 1 of the 3 on the court at all times.

Yes, the Suns bench should be a strength even with a strong starting five including three stars.

I don't think many teams have such a deep array of talent.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh...JEBUS. I hope this isn't true or at least it's a scenario where someone went rogue. The last thing the Suns need after a turnover in ownership and revamping is a scandal of any sorts.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh...JEBUS. I hope this isn't true or at least it's a scenario where someone went rogue. The last thing the Suns need after a turnover in ownership and revamping is a scandal of any sorts.
Well, Eubanks did say we wanted him after his draft workout and had kept up with his agent all along his career about potentially acquiring him.

That said, how is tampering a real thing when we are talking about a minimum contract for a free agent? What the hell are we doing that would prevent him from going somewhere else?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drew Eubanks has been out there for the taking for years. I'm surprised the NBA finally notices him.

I thought was the only one that followed these minimum type players.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Dan Gilbert up to sneaky tactics to mess with Ishbia.
Haha, I actually didn't think of that.

How exactly would the NBA KNOW that this was even possibly happening? Is there another team out there that said, "Hey, we were going to try to sign Drew Eubanks for the minimum! No fair that Phoenix got to him first! Must have been tampering!"

I can see Gilbert doing something like that.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
stupid.. serious.. once free agency opens up people are signed within seconds pretty much.. Some how both parties knew the numbers right off the bat and had everything all prepped and ready..

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns lose a 2nd round pick due to alleged early discussion with Drew Eubanks in free agency.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the Suns statement.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry. This is just awful. It's like they were looking for some reason to use that flopping rule. Frankly they ought to find the referees $2000 for not calling it when looney puts two hands in his back and shoves him underneath the basket. Sure he emphasized the contact, but that's a loose ball foul. This is what I was afraid they would start doing. No fan would have thought twice about that play if they would not have tried to make an example here.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry. This is just awful. It's like they were looking for some reason to use that flopping rule. Frankly they ought to find the referees $2000 for not calling it when looney puts two hands in his back and shoves him underneath the basket. Sure he emphasized the contact, but that's a loose ball foul. This is what I was afraid they would start doing. No fan would have thought twice about that play if they would not have tried to make an example here.

Two hands in the back is a foul, not flopping.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison