Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo just said ownership change will be final tomorrow. Says only Sarver and Dial are selling all of their ownership. Most of the other owners are selling 25% of their shares.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brooklyn Nets are trying to loop in Toronto to alter the Kyrie to Mavs deal. The new deal would be a 3 team deal so the Nets end up with VanVleet to get KD to stay. That would take the Suns out of the running for Kevin Durant should that happen.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brooklyn Nets are trying to loop in Toronto to alter the Kyrie to Mavs deal. The new deal would be a 3 team deal so the Nets end up with VanVleet to get KD to stay. That would take the Suns out of the running for Kevin Durant should that happen.
Not necessarily. I know they said that on the radio, but it's all about whether Durant wants to be dealt or not.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. I know they said that on the radio, but it's all about whether Durant wants to be dealt or not.
Durant wants to compete. The only reason for the Nets to go after VanVleet is to convince Kevin to stay. Naturally nothing is a guarantee.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Durant wants to compete. The only reason for the Nets to go after VanVleet is to convince Kevin to stay. Naturally nothing is a guarantee.
He also does not like the organization, he said as much during the offseason.

We will see.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On PHNX they just suggested

Jerami Grant
for
Dario, Jae and 2 firsts.

I like that deal as well, and it seems more realistic

Also said
Vanderbilt,
Clarkson
for
Dario, Jae and 2 firsts.

I think that is less likely - not sure I like it as much either. Grant could become a core player PF

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Jerami Grant
for
Dario, Jae and 2 firsts.

Also said
Vanderbilt,
Clarkson
for
Dario, Jae and 2 firsts.

I think that is less likely - not sure I like it as much either. Grant could become a core player PF

One first for Grant. 2 is overreaching, but he would really compliment the team and give us a legit starting five.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One first for Grant. 2 is overreaching, but he would really compliment the team and give us a legit starting five.
It will take 2. Jae and Dario are just expiring.

I don't think it is unreasonable - as at least the first pick will be a low first.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jerami Grant
for
Dario, Jae and 2 firsts.

Also said
Vanderbilt,
Clarkson
for
Dario, Jae and 2 firsts.

I like both of those deals. First more than the second.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Vanderbilt for the right price.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not high on Grant. He's also an expiring contract, no way we should give up 2 picks for him.
Ah… didn’t realize he was expiring.

Still, he’s the perfect 4 for this team.

And that said, you’re not high on a lot of players that could have been good gets for this team, bashing SGA and Randle unmercifully in the off-season when there were rumors they were available. There’s never going to be the perfect trade. Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ah… didn’t realize he was expiring.

Still, he’s the perfect 4 for this team.

And that said, you’re not high on a lot of players that could have been good gets for this team, bashing SGA and Randle unmercifully in the off-season when there were rumors they were available. There’s never going to be the perfect trade. Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little.

I didn't trust SGA's knees, he's a great player.

I still wouldn't take Randle.

Grant doesn't rebound and is a ghost on defense, his contract is expiring and he never seems to make an impact with any team he plays for.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't trust SGA's knees, he's a great player.

I still wouldn't take Randle.

Grant doesn't rebound and is a ghost on defense, his contract is expiring and he never seems to make an impact with any team he plays for.
I didn't realize SGA's knees were that bad. I knew he'd been out a few times, guess I wasn't paying enough attention as to why his name kept popping up as available. I don't want to see us ever going after a player that has significant injury risks (SGA, Durant etc.) or the kind of issues that Randle has. I wouldn't hate the idea of Grant but he isn't worth what it would cost to get him.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jerami Grant
for
Dario, Jae and 2 firsts.

Also said
Vanderbilt,
Clarkson
for
Dario, Jae and 2 firsts.

Expiring contract, and 2 firsts?!?! Nets got Kyrie for one. Not a chance.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It would be insanely dumb to sell low on Ayton, Bridges, or Johnson. I can't imagine attaching multiple first round picks to any package including any of them for role players.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It will take 2. Jae and Dario are just expiring.

I don't think it is unreasonable - as at least the first pick will be a low first.

I agree in that it will take 2. I’d prefer one but Grant is exactly what this team needs right now for the season.

I’m not sure if he’s available as they just acquired him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not high on Grant. He's also an expiring contract, no way we should give up 2 picks for him.
i Don’t what you are expecting to get, look at his numbers this season. 2 picks is reasonable

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose