Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe they will, because of the standings parity. That is, I predict that the similar records of many playoff contenders and the lack of overwhelmingly large gaps will allow the Suns to leapfrog the bubble contenders and get back to about the middle of the standings, if they will attain only modest winning streaks after the injured starters return. I'm not very afraid of missing the playoffs. If they were to really gel and build up a large winning streak, perhaps they could even finish with a near-top spot. I don't think that's mathematically impossible if only Devin Booker and Cameron Williams can keep playing.

Of course that assumes they won't all get injured again. One should make no prediction either way about that.

As yet, I'm not seeing the togetherness factor the Suns displayed the past two seasons. It will take something to pull this team together.

Maybe it happens when the new ownership is approved by the NBA Board of Governors.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are seeing how important Devin Booker is to the Suns.

One can lead by example and he does just that.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I just read some article, blah blah the Suns and Magic are interested in FVV.

I clicked.

At the bottom of the article, the Lakers are also interested in trading for FVV...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker on inaugural Top Shot 50 list voted on by NBPA.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Book's shot is concerning me in these practice videos. I'm afraid it might be a while until he's back.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do expect the Suns to make the playoffs. It's just that I would never expect them to get anywhere near a championship, because everyone except Booker and Paul lacks toughness and drive this season. I don't think they even have that much self-confidence.

Even if they hadn't had injuries and had been as clutch as last season, so what? Last season taught us that regular-season performance doesn't necessarily mean a damned thing.
Put the toughest, most driven, most confident 11th grader up against the best 11th grader and watch him get his butt kicked. When you're outclassed, you're outclassed. And no amount of mental toughness, drive or self confidence will save you.

When you're as badly overmatched as we've been all you can do is try your hardest and hope your opponent laughs themselves into a rare victory for your team.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Book's shot is concerning me in these practice videos. I'm afraid it might be a while until he's back.
He had a groin injury?? Guys are hesitant to reinjure which means he likely isn't putting full strength into his jumper let alone has his timing back. He is still weeks away. Not a big deal.

I do expect the Suns to make the playoffs. It's just that I would never expect them to get anywhere near a championship, because everyone except Booker and Paul lacks toughness and drive this season. I don't think they even have that much self-confidence.

Even if they hadn't had injuries and had been as clutch as last season, so what? Last season taught us that regular-season performance doesn't necessarily mean a damned thing.
Huh? They are not that far behind. Way too soon to call that.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
He had a groin injury?? Guys are hesitant to reinjure which means he likely isn't putting full strength into his jumper let alone has his timing back. He is still weeks away. Not a big deal.
I guess that's the takeaway. It's going to be a while still.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA