Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Brodi can come off the bench, then cp3 can come off the bench

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CP3 needs to be out until he is 100% ready to go none of this play through it crap. He’s way to old and brittle to be rushing back for December games

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only got to listen to part of the interview with James Jones on Arizona Sports today.

He seemed optimistic about Cam Johnson and that he would be evaluated in a few weeks.

Jones likes what Josh Okogie brings to the table especially defensively.

He is also open to looking at ball handlers, shooters, scorers to fill the open roster spot.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe an angry Griner for Crowder would been the best solution.

Crowder can watch tv and practice for Russia.

She would give Ayton some run, and possibly show Biz and Landale how to shoot.

She’s would bring some much needed toughness to this soft ace team.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns could try and make a trade for Immanuel Quickley.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns are pretenders. Getting wooped by some good teams. We need to make something of Crowder soon. Shamet and Dario are expendable.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are pretenders. Getting wooped by some good teams. We need to make something of Crowder soon. Shamet and Dario are expendable.
I don't see how we're pretenders. We're just not contenders and I don't know why anyone would mistake us for one. And IMO we're not doing much upgrading to this roster until the new ownership is in place.

We get everyone healthy and back into game shape and we'll win probably 60% of our games and should finish in the top 4 or so of the West. Our only chance of doing much in the postseason though is if Tonya Harding is available cheap and willing to execute her brilliant winning strategy as we approach each opponent.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
I don't see how we're pretenders. We're just not contenders and I don't know why anyone would mistake us for one. And IMO we're not doing much upgrading to this roster until the new ownership is in place.

We get everyone healthy and back into game shape and we'll win probably 60% of our games and should finish in the top 4 or so of the West. Our only chance of doing much in the postseason though is if Tonya Harding is available cheap and willing to execute her brilliant winning strategy as we approach each opponent.
If we’re not contenders then we are pretenders. its strange to keep having the “somethings off” thoughts with this team. We’re not deep enough and there is some major inconsistencies with the starters. We’ve shown we can be equally awesome and terrible. I just don’t think we’re in a better spot than the last two years without some change.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns get: John Collins
ATL get: Crowder, Dario, 2 1st

Starters
Ayton
Collins
Bridges
Booker
Payne

Bench
Biz
Cam Johnson
Craig
Lee
Paul

Collins is the stretch 4 you’ve been trying to get for years.

That bench looks way stronger now. Cam Payne best stretches have been when Paul is out and he starts. Paul goes to bench and gets used in sports to play that Ginobli role for us. It’s not who starts but who finishes.

Cam Johnson has proven his body can’t hold up banging with PF.

Now this will never ever happen. I fully expect zero changes or making a minor trade while JJ is content to just make the playoffs

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns get: John Collins
ATL get: Crowder, Dario, 2 1st

Starters
Ayton
Collins
Bridges
Booker
Payne

Bench
Biz
Cam Johnson
Craig
Lee
Paul

Collins is the stretch 4 you’ve been trying to get for years.

That bench looks way stronger now. Cam Payne best stretches have been when Paul is out and he starts. Paul goes to bench and gets used in sports to play that Ginobli role for us. It’s not who starts but who finishes.

Cam Johnson has proven his body can’t hold up banging with PF.

Now this will never ever happen. I fully expect zero changes or making a minor trade while JJ is content to just make the playoffs
I would have finished off your post a little differently. I would have said "I fully expect zero changes or making a minor trade while JJ is resigned to just making the playoffs".

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Well what do you know. Book has hamstring tightness. He’s gotta get this figured out. I could tell he tweaked it when he turned it over and he tried to chase after Zion but pulled up.

He reminds me of game 3 in the finals, just settling for his jumper since I don’t think he can get to the rim right now. And he’s trying to shoot himself out of it and use mind over matter but we need to sit him for AT LEAST this week. Think big picture. I don’t want Book at 75/80% he has to be ready to rock and roll. Can I lend Devin my hamstring, I’ll take the hit lol.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Heat continue to suck and the Jazz continue their slide Kyle Lowry and Mike Conley will likely be available for pretty dang cheap. In Conley's case Crowder and Saric's expirings plus a 2nd round pick or 2 might be enough.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well what do you know. Book has hamstring tightness. He’s gotta get this figured out. I could tell he tweaked it when he turned it over and he tried to chase after Zion but pulled up.

He reminds me of game 3 in the finals, just settling for his jumper since I don’t think he can get to the rim right now. And he’s trying to shoot himself out of it and use mind over matter but we need to sit him for AT LEAST this week. Think big picture. I don’t want Book at 75/80% he has to be ready to rock and roll. Can I lend Devin my hamstring, I’ll take the hit lol.

Devin could miss the rest of the road trip.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Heat continue to suck and the Jazz continue their slide Kyle Lowry and Mike Conley will likely be available for pretty dang cheap. In Conley's case Crowder and Saric's expirings plus a 2nd round pick or 2 might be enough.

Suns will need to get a power forward somewhere as well. They already have an open roster spot.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s shuffling the deck chairs on the not quite titanic.

Conley doesn’t move the needle for this team. Getting a middling shot creator who’s also injury prone does t really float this boat. If we’re gonna deal those contracts, they need to be used for someone who can make some kind of impact.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s shuffling the deck chairs on the not quite titanic.

Conley doesn’t move the needle for this team. Getting a middling shot creator who’s also injury prone does t really float this boat. If we’re gonna deal those contracts, they need to be used for someone who can make some kind of impact.
I’m looking at what might feel available. I think the best of the potential options is Lauri.

Conley would cost next to nothing.. but with the risk he provides next to nothing.

I don’t think the nets are trading Durant unless they collapse and a franchise feels like destroying itself.

DeRozan, as I’ve heavily argued, only would make this team’s flaws more easy to counter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m looking at what might feel available. I think the best of the potential options is Lauri.

Conley would cost next to nothing.. but with the risk he provides next to nothing.

I don’t think the nets are trading Durant unless they collapse and a franchise feels like destroying itself.

DeRozan, as I’ve heavily argued, only would make this team’s flaws more easy to counter.
I’d be okay with Laurie, hope Cam gets healthy, CP3 finds the fountain of 36 years old and we just go on a hot streak in the playoffs, but man, that team is still tissue paper soft and still wouldn’t even stand a chance against either Milwaukee or Boston.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d be okay with Laurie, hope Cam gets healthy, CP3 finds the fountain of 36 years old and we just go on a hot streak in the playoffs, but man, that team is still tissue paper soft and still wouldn’t even stand a chance against either Milwaukee or Boston.

In a way I'd like to see how Booker responds to challenge. I really feel like he's finding that next gear and we've seen it over the last 2 weeks. Of course his health has now become an issue and that's troubling but health permitting, I really do think he can ascend to that level 1A Superstar level. I'm not saying generational talent like MJ or Kobe but definitely a prime Jimmy Butler or Wade sort of a star that you can win with provided he has a solid sidekick.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He'll take the money and be the next Jeremi Grant. Not that I blame him. He's got a ring already. He doesn't need to play hard for another and he doesn't seem the sort to consistently give maximum effort either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr