Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a way I'd like to see how Booker responds to challenge. I really feel like he's finding that next gear and we've seen it over the last 2 weeks. Of course his health has now become an issue and that's troubling but health permitting, I really do think he can ascend to that level 1A Superstar level. I'm not saying generational talent like MJ or Kobe but definitely a prime Jimmy Butler or Wade sort of a star that you can win with provided he has a solid sidekick.
Butler never won a chip and Booker doesn’t have the next level athleticism Wade did but even he was a fluky one off beating another one off title winner with Dirk. Wade was a much better 2 next to a generational 1 with LeBron.

Book just doesn’t have the generational unicorn athleticism or really size that makes for title winning lead superstars. He’d have to be the best player on a 2004 Pistons type team. That looked like last year until everyone went totally tits up.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Butler never won a chip and Booker doesn’t have the next level athleticism Wade did but even he was a fluky one off beating another one off title winner with Dirk. Wade was a much better 2 next to a generational 1 with LeBron.

Book just doesn’t have the generational unicorn athleticism or really size that makes for title winning lead superstars. He’d have to be the best player on a 2004 Pistons type team. That looked like last year until everyone went totally tits up.
Booker is no Jordan, LeBron or Shaq type superstar. Book is just under that level. Which means you need another legit star to win a title. We likely got the tail end of that with CP3 but I think that's over or at the very least you need to add some more duct tape of what is left. Meaning, you can get it done by committee, but this roster isn't enough. I think if the Suns could get their hands on a 20 PPG legit scorer while hanging on to most of the core it could be enough.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guy having a career year on a losing team in a contract year? Yeah no thanks I’ve seen that movie
If we could get him for nothing more than Crowder (and filler), I'd consider it. The odds of CP3 returning to form and staying fully healthy are extemely long but if it happened, adding him to this roster without subtracting value might put us on the same level as the real contenders.

Ultimately, it's probably a failed move but at least it doesn't impact our future.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we could get him for nothing more than Crowder (and filler), I'd consider it. The odds of CP3 returning to form and staying fully healthy are extemely long but if it happened, adding him to this roster without subtracting value might put us on the same level as the real contenders.

Ultimately, it's probably a failed move but at least it doesn't impact our future.

It could though. That movie has ended with a team adding that player and extending them because they felt they were a good fit but the player reverts back to who they were once they're paid. I don't want Kuzma's making $20+ million of my teams cap space in the immediate future.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you think we’re doomed either way, then it’s time for you to advocate to start blowing up the entire team, starting with Booker.

A KD for Bridges/filler and picks makes is the favorite in the West in the blink of an eye. I think it’s really weird you don’t see the value on getting not just a superstar, but a unicorn Superstar still playing at the near peak of his powers.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you think we’re doomed either way, then it’s time for you to advocate to start blowing up the entire team, starting with Booker.

A KD for Bridges/filler and picks makes is the favorite in the West in the blink of an eye. I think it’s really weird you don’t see the value on getting not just a superstar, but a unicorn Superstar still playing at the near peak of his powers.

I just don’t get how people see it any other way.

But Brooklyn is doing well right now I think the KD thing has come and gone

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the Suns should make a couple of moves and see what happens. It's not like they don't have good starters if healthy.

Of course I'm still waiting for those off season moves that were never made.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Suns should make a couple of moves and see what happens. It's not like they don't have good starters if healthy.

Of course I'm still waiting for those off season moves that were never made.

So you not in the go for it camp? Your in the be happy making the playoffs camp?

Is that right?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you not in the go for it camp? Your in the be happy making the playoffs camp?

Is that right?

Maybe you should put out a trade that is actually on the table and I will tell you if the Suns should do it.

I'm not for blowing up the Suns mid-season without making some moves.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Blow up the team, all is lost?

Of our top 5 guys, 4 are 26 or younger. Those 4 alone will have us in the mix for a long while and contending if we find the right parts to go along with them.

Acting like we should blow up the roster because we're 16-11 is... insane.
As well as being injured and down a few bodies.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe you should put out a trade that is actually on the table and I will tell you if the Suns should do it.

I'm not for blowing up the Suns mid-season without making some moves.

I’ve put out plenty

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Blow up the team, all is lost?

Of our top 5 guys, 4 are 26 or younger. Those 4 alone will have us in the mix for a long while and contending if we find the right parts to go along with them.

Acting like we should blow up the roster because we're 16-11 is... insane.

Nobody is saying blow it up stop it

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nobody is saying blow it up stop it

Um....
KD was just one of the rumors. I don’t see how you can continue to cape for him when it was obvious to everyone that this team had real legit issues after the way last season ended and not one was addressed in the offseason.

If he feels this team isn’t going anywhere then you should blow it up. Being in the middle of the pack is the worst position you can be in. You either want to be a contender or be in the lottery stock piling draft picks.

Yeah, it's a different thread but a similar discussion. You're the one saying being in the middle of the pack is pointless also so don't try and deflect by saying you were saying Jones should blow it up either because its you that tries making the case for it after stating that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the NBA you gotta get busy living or get busy dying. This team is on the upper tier of middle doing nothing.

Ainge knew it with Utah. I think we’re in the same position and that will bear out by season’s end.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Not to mention he might have KJ’s hamstrings.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what’s really disturbing about that Celtics game? The fact that we went down 50 at home again in a big game against a big team… and then watching the Celtics get boat-raced only days later by lame Warriors and Clippers teams.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Um....

Yeah, it's a different thread but a similar discussion. You're the one saying being in the middle of the pack is pointless also so don't try and deflect by saying you were saying Jones should blow it up either because its you that tries making the case for it after stating that.

Exactly. If you feel the window is open you go for it if you feel it’s closed you blow it up, how’s this hard?

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
we know we need to make some moves (crowder at least) but it seems like giving it another go with this team as currently constructed might not even happen with injuries. it just seems hard to get a read on who the Suns are this year. I just feel like we’re more like the team who got punked last year than the one who made a finals run…

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly. If you feel the window is open you go for it if you feel it’s closed you blow it up, how’s this hard?

Or you can be patient and not torpedo a roster that should be in the mix for years.

I think we can and will make some moves, but it's going to be for role players. I don't see an "all in" trade that makes sense.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or you can be patient and not torpedo a roster that should be in the mix for years.

I think we can and will make some moves, but it's going to be for role players. I don't see an "all in" trade that makes sense.

That’s not how it works.

A trade for role players gets us nowhere. Just wasting Bookers career. Some guys are happy being the 5th seed