Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a bunch of really good players who are not even in their primes yet. The window isn't even remotely closed.

I think making the finals really skewed perception here and somehow made it seem like we need to rush things.

We have all our picks, we have a very good young core, we're (likely) to have a very positive change in ownership. This team is setup to be in the mix for a long time.

Let's see what moves James Jones makes later this season and next summer.

The Suns still need a PGOTF, another power forward and more shooting.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel like we could stay on our end of the court and still reach the team foul limit.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Man… Game 6… Game 7… and what’s this, Game 8? I can’t recall a team OWNING another team at the level the Mavs OWN the Suns… Just brutal.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Playing the mavs game 1 was a really brutal call by the nba. They really do us no favors.

Pokinmik

Rookie
Reaction score
The suns regressing goes back to not drafting haliburton most of all. Good teams with sustained success always have young talent ready to step in as a player like Paul winds down. The suns bench blows and we are relying on cam payne again fml. Where’s the youth with relative upside beyond the 4 young starters?

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
The suns regressing goes back to not drafting haliburton most of all. Good teams with sustained success always have young talent ready to step in as a player like Paul winds down. The suns bench blows and we are relying on cam payne again fml. Where’s the youth with relative upside beyond the 4 young starters?

All the while yes Hali got 26 & 7 in 36 minutes and Stix 16 & 8 in 22 minutes. Suns don't want youngings right now. Now in 2 years, wouldn't surprise me if the Suns don't bid for both especially Stix since they still keep in touch.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not going to lose much sleep over Stix, but choosing Stix over Hali was a mistake. Huge.
Except we didn't choose Stix over Haliburton. We passed on Tyrese because they wouldn't give us his medical records, wouldn't work out for us, wouldn't interview with us, claimed he wouldn't play for us and all this happened in the year where Covid cancelled March Madness, leaving us with inadequate scouting information.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CP3 is clearly in decline. I am really wondering if last years playoff disaster-- especially the chemistry blowup--was CP3 related. Maybe he went off on people way too much after game 6. Book seems to clearly be taking the alpha role on this team. You can hear it in his interviews. Paul seems to be stepping back.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not going to lose much sleep over Stix, but choosing Stix over Hali was a mistake. Huge.

Kind of the way the Suns passed on Karl Malone because he didn't work out for the Suns pre-draft.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except we didn't choose Stix over Haliburton. We passed on Tyrese because they wouldn't give us his medical records, wouldn't work out for us, wouldn't interview with us, claimed he wouldn't play for us and all this happened in the year where Covid cancelled March Madness, leaving us with inadequate scouting information.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We won last night but it’s a bit of fools gold.

Paul looked like Fitz at the end. He couldn’t get any separation at all to get to his spots like he used to.

They ran traps at Booker at the end to get it out of his hands. Yes Lee hit a big shot but I’m not counting on Lee for big buckets if you are we’re in trouble

We are really small and we desperately need another ball handler and shot maker

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
You might not be , i might not and Stix isn't either...but Monty & James since they are keeping that line of communication open think otherwise. So you might have some future sleepless nights.lol

And Hali probably thanking his lucky gods his plan worked and the Suns didn't loose sleep passing on him too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will gladly take the win last night over the Mavericks, realizing all the Suns weaknesses, with the brutal upcoming schedule:

@Trail Blazers, @Clippers, Warriors, Pelicans

What a downer if they had lost.

James Jones will definitely need to add more shooting, play making and rebounding.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is there a statute of limitations on saying, we should have drafted this guy instead of that guy?

:shrug:

Probably not in the world of sports fandom. Trailblazer fans are still whining about not picking MJ, and Hornet fans are still upset about trading Kobe away. Oh well.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is there a statute of limitations on saying, we should have drafted this guy instead of that guy?

:shrug:

Probably not in the world of sports fandom. Trailblazer fans are still whining about not picking MJ, and Hornet fans are still upset about trading Kobe away. Oh well.
yes, but it's event based
winning a conference title suspends the argument
and winning a title eliminates it
for a season
then it's reactivated

we were lucky to duck the rule in that our missing out on Steph Curry was a draft-day trade screw-up rather than a direct pick!

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
We definitely need at least three more players - a big forward, someone off the bench to provide shooting, and another ballhandler/creator off the bench.

If we can get a competent PF for Crowder (and whatever), maybe Cam J. can go back to filling the need for offense off the bench. Or maybe we can get a combo guard somewhere who can provide the ball handling and maybe is a shooter.

I am highly skeptical we can fill all three needs. And can't forget that although Sarver is selling the team and is suspended from operations, his puppet is still running things for the time being. That means it's doubtful they will spend money to address the shortcomings... which is also why the bench is currently filled with cheap castoffs, for the most part.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You guys are mad we passed on Halliburton? I am pissed, if the story is true, that Sarver made us pass up getting Jayson Tatum.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are mad we passed on Halliburton? I am pissed, if the story is true, that Sarver made us pass up getting Jayson Tatum.
I hadn't heard that? Did we have a trade in the works or something, since Tatum went the pick before our turn came up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard