Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Collin Sexton's injury looks like somewhat of a blessing for the Cavs. They're winning a lot of games, Garland is thriving and... they kinda sucked butt with Sexton on the floor.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I could only find one power poll with the Suns on top. Most have the Grizz.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZ teams get no respect. NBA.COM has the Suns #2 behind Memphis who is 30-15. They have lost 6 more games than the Suns and are 4.5 games back. Yes, they had a really good win streak but that didn't match the Suns win streak. The Suns are ranked higher in multiple categories. Give me a freaking break. It's like they go out of their way to disrespect the Suns just like last year all season long. CBSSports.com has us at #3 behind Memphis and the Heat.

ESPN, SI has us #1.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AZ teams get no respect. NBA.COM has the Suns #2 behind Memphis who is 30-15. They have lost 6 more games than the Suns and are 4.5 games back. Yes, they had a really good win streak but that didn't match the Suns win streak. The Suns are ranked higher in multiple categories. Give me a freaking break. It's like they go out of their way to disrespect the Suns just like last year all season long. CBSSports.com has us at #3 behind Memphis and the Heat.

ESPN, SI has us #1.

I don't think ESPN likes our owner.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I could only find one power poll with the Suns on top. Most have the Grizz.
Well, I think that is kind of understandable. They have been playing better than us lately, and that is what a power poll is for.

For the whole season, you just look at the standings. Would be pretty redundant if it just reflected that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we’re being overlooked because in our last three games against the other best/very good high profile teams in the league (Warriors, Grizz and Heat), we lost all of them. At home. Two of the three to severely undermanned versions of those teams (Warriors and Heat).

We have been great about taking care of business against teams we absolutely should beat, but I think those three losses in the last three weeks have some wondering about us.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I think that is kind of understandable. They have been playing better than us lately, and that is what a power poll is for.

For the whole season, you just look at the standings. Would be pretty redundant if it just reflected that.
Maybe you could justify it for last week's poll but not this week. We have 6 fewer losses, we blew them out in Memphis when we were mostly complete and lost on a last second shot when we faced them without Ayton and Crowder. About their only edge is that they've gone 9-1 over the past 10 games where we've only gone 8-2 but I don't think that offsets the rest. Fortunately, power polls in the NBA are just one of those things that simply do not matter.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Just as an aside. Does anyone else have trouble listening to Monty in interviews?

He talks so slow and takes such long pauses in the middle of every sentence that it just drives me nuts. I have no complaints about him as a coach, but I just do not want to listen to him in an interview. I doubt he is like that with players.

Oh well. Got that off my chest. Now to move on.
There's another guy just like that:

Obama

You must be registered for see images attach

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let Memphis get its "flowers".
Anyone in here really worried about Memphis in the playoffs?
Can they realistically beat us in a series?
Let the media all keep sleeping.
The Teams and players know they don't want to see us in a series.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im
Good with everyone sleeping on us too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I respect Memphis but I think the Suns have the superior team.

Also the Suns depth at center should prove to be a huge plus come playoff time.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we’re being overlooked because in our last three games against the other best/very good high profile teams in the league (Warriors, Grizz and Heat), we lost all of them. At home. Two of the three to severely undermanned versions of those teams (Warriors and Heat).

We have been great about taking care of business against teams we absolutely should beat, but I think those three losses in the last three weeks have some wondering about us.
Throw the Boston blowout in there too and yeah, it's not a great look for us. But even with those losses though we still have the best record in the league against teams .500 and above.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Throw the Boston blowout in there too and yeah, it's not a great look for us. But even with those losses though we still have the best record in the league against teams .500 and above.
If you don't fall down ya ain't learning anything. Losses keep you hungry.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really like Cam Johnson's 360 around the defender and then he finishes the play as well.
That’s a sick, coast to coast bucket. Can you imagine Bridges even TRYING to make that play?

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose