Suns updates and discussion for the 2020-21 season

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Interesting scenario. Really thought he’d be part of their base. High efficiency scorer. Shoots more threes, at a greater percentage, than I expected. High level athlete and okay rebounder. Don’t know much about his defense.

I haven't watched a lot of Hawks games lately, but his reputation as a defender is not good.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Portland game on February 22nd will be especially important the way they are playing.

They remain only one game behind the Suns.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Collins got popped for PED's right after Ayton did last year. I imagine that has something to do with his low trade value and why Atlanta doesn't want to max him out. He's a solid player, more of a 4 than 5 but can play both. Good rebounder but lazy defender. He's got a short wingspan also so his potential on D isn't very high. I remember that being a knock on him entering the league.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Collins would be great but we don’t have any assets. We traded our 22’ 1st which prevents up from trading a pick until 2024 and Jalen Smith is a flop. Another team will snatch up Collins.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jalen Smith to play for Agua Caliente Clippers in Orlando bubble. All that worry for nothing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Agua Caliente Clippers have a game tomorrow. Maybe Stix will get some minutes.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Jalen Smith to play for Agua Caliente Clippers in Orlando bubble. All that worry for nothing.

Maybe Jalen didn’t know yet and they didn’t want him learning this way.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Jalen didn’t know yet and they didn’t want him learning this way.

I suspect he knew something was up. The G-League is the right place for him as he needs playing time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to an article on Jalen Smith being sent to the G-League.

By Jake Anderson |Arizona Sports:

Selected with the No. 10 overall pick by the Suns in the 2020 NBA Draft, Smith has only played 50 minutes in eight appearances this season.

That’s largely due to the rookie contracting COVID-19, which caused him to be out from late December to early January.

He also missed some time due to an ankle injury as well.

https://arizonasports.com/story/254...smith-to-nba-g-league/?show=comments#comments

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another guy @Mainstreet and myself liked in the draft but passed on lol.

I really liked the depth in the 2020 draft. It was a tossup after Haliburton was off the board. I liked Jalen Smith, Precious Achiuwa and Zeke Nnaji as well. Also Isaiah Stewart looks to be really good.

It would have been a nice draft to trade down.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I really liked the depth in the 2020 draft. It was a tossup after Haliburton was off the board. I liked Jalen Smith, Precious Achiuwa and Zeke Nnaji as well. Also Isaiah Stewart looks to be really good.

Still don't know how we didn't take Haliburton. The table was set perfectly. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt, but I really would like to hear Jones' justification for it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still don't know how we didn't take Haliburton. The table was set perfectly. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt, but I really would like to hear Jones' justification for it.

The word was Haliburton only wanted to go to the Kings. This is supposedly why teams passed on him.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jones has been proving the critics wrong so far but... yeah... passing on Haliburton was a real head scratcher. Seemed like everyone who pays any attention to the team was thrilled when he slipped to us.

Hopefully things click for Smith in the G-League.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jones has been proving the critics wrong so far but... yeah... passing on Haliburton was a real head scratcher. Seemed like everyone who pays any attention to the team was thrilled when he slipped to us.

Hopefully things click for Smith in the G-League.

It was a head scratcher for several teams but there were concerns about the guy and given that he was refusing to work out for anyone but the Kings, passing on him was understandable.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

If Zeke came back to Arizona he would’ve been a top-10 pick. That was a sneaky good pick for Denver.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Zeke came back to Arizona he would’ve been a top-10 pick. That was a sneaky good pick for Denver.

No doubt. Zeke has all the tools for a big man. I'm mildly surprised James Jones did not draft a big man that was more physically developed and ready to play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave