Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wood was cut from our summer league team.

And Bertans is another soft, one-dimensional shooter at power forward in the mold of Saric.

Bertans is a tall sharpshooter, a modern stretch 4-prototype, who shot the lights out even in a weak Wizards-team. I bet the Suns will flirt with the idea of signing him.

Wood had a breakout-year in Detroit, he also stretches the floor, plus rebounds and blocks shots as well.

They might be a bit of one-year wonders, but it is not easy to come up with better and/or more realistic FA targets from this class.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bertans is a tall sharpshooter, a modern stretch 4-prototype, who shot the lights out even in a weak Wizards-team. I bet the Suns will flirt with the idea of signing him.

Wood had a breakout-year in Detroit, he also stretches the floor, plus rebounds and blocks shots as well.

They might be a bit of one-year wonders, but it is not easy to come up with better and/or more realistic FA targets from this class.

Then we're screwed, because adding yet another Saric/Kaminsky type and our own former Summer League reject certainly isn't going to move the needle...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think that Bertans is better than Saric and Wood is better than Kaminsky.

Perhaps, but it still doesn't move the needle. Neither is even remotely close to being good enough to start in the NBA or even to being a primary back-up. They are 9th and 10th men.

We need a starting power forward and 7th and 8th men (assuming we are set on Bridges being our 6th man).

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I watched Cancar (Nuggets) play against the Jazz last night as one of their healthy 7 players. Played WAY better than anyone we have had off of the bench this year, and he hadn't played more than 5 minutes in any game this season.
The Nuggets beat the Jazz with 7 healthy players on the second game of a back-to-back in Utah! Malone can do that with 7 guys but Monty can't figure out a rotation and stick with it. Suns' problems run from the top to the bottom.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I watched Cancar (Nuggets) play against the Jazz last night as one of their healthy 7 players. Played WAY better than anyone we have had off of the bench this year, and he hadn't played more than 5 minutes in any game this season.
The Nuggets beat the Jazz with 7 healthy players on the second game of a back-to-back in Utah! Malone can do that with 7 guys but Monty can't figure out a rotation and stick with it. Suns' problems run from the top to the bottom.

Say what you want about Monty, but if this same roster had Igor as the coach, we might not even have 10 wins at this point.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Say what you want about Monty, but if this same roster had Igor as the coach, we might not even have 10 wins at this point.
Possibly and probably, but that is just an opinion. Facts are Monty has/had an upgraded roster, a real-life PG, and the team doesn't play hard.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Possibly and probably, but that is just an opinion. Facts are Monty has/had an upgraded roster, a real-life PG, and the team doesn't play hard.

He has a real life PG and no upgrade anywhere else. A season with management that doesn't try to compete wears on the players. It should come as no surprise that the team doesn't play hard. Management doesn't care, so why should the players?

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I agree they don't play hard so it ducks right now. Hope they'll turn it around. I'm not that interested really. Right now they're in a funk and everybody's frustrated. I know the injury bug is to blame but they should still show more effort and just show some improvements here and there.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree they don't play hard so it ducks right now. Hope they'll turn it around. I'm not that interested really. Right now they're in a funk and everybody's frustrated. I know the injury bug is to blame but they should still show more effort and just show some improvements here and there.

Again, management is proving itself not to care, so why should the players?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boston reportedly tried hard to trade for Bertans but Washington is saying he's a piece of their core now and refused to deal. Odds of him hitting free agency for a reasonable price are slim to none. It's said Washington wanted 2 1st round picks for him, which Boston had to deal but either they didn't make them available, Washington didn't like the picks they offered, or Washington plans on keeping him going forward.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-rumors-celtics-reportedly-made-215303531.html

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Our problems are solved...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The problem is that Front Office has been as passive as what you posted.

Nothing is going to change (from the past decade) in the greatest professional basketball league in the world
until we have a pro-active ownership and management group who knows how to make things happen against
tough competition.

Or cares more about the community, the team and the fans than their billion dollar windfall. Obviously that is
all the Suns mean to the banker who is in charge.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The problem is that Front Office has been as passive as what you posted.

Nothing is going to change (from the past decade) in the greatest professional basketball league in the world
until we have a pro-active ownership and management group who knows how to make things happen against
tough competition.

Or cares more about the community, the team and the fans than their billion dollar windfall. Obviously that is
all the Suns mean to the banker who is in charge.

Current ownership approach:

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UT...owser&q=eugene+krabs+gif#imgrc=rXTBWmBsBaEI4M:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Sarver sell!
You would think that, as bankers, Sarver and his cronies would be enticed to sell their billion dollar goldmine
for profit.

But there is no sign that it won't continue to grow. Runaway inflation is the norm. You can bet that they are
keeping their eye on the slightest downturn, as investors should. Buy low, sell high.

I'm rooting for downturn! :)

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gina Mizell
@ginamizell

·
5m

Devin Booker called KAT & DLo “obviously two of my closest friends,” but added this about Warriors-Wolves trade: “I’m just focused on this team. I think everybody knows that. There’s always gonna be outside noise, but I’m gonna leave that to you guys.” #Suns

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You would think that, as bankers, Sarver and his cronies would be enticed to sell their billion dollar goldmine
for profit.

But there is no sign that it won't continue to grow. Runaway inflation is the norm. You can bet that they are
keeping their eye on the slightest downturn, as investors should. Buy low, sell high.

I'm rooting for downturn! :)

Which is why we need to start boycotting financially.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gina Mizell
@ginamizell

·
3m

Monty Williams on the Book/KAT/DLo stuff post-trade: “I think it’s somewhat disrespectful to Devin that those questions are asked, because everybody is assuming that he feels a certain way that he hasn’t even talked about or brought up.” #Suns

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Gina Mizell
@ginamizell

·
4m

More Williams: “I bet (Booker) gets tired of it, because it puts him in a conversation that he’s gone out of his way to dispel.” #Suns

Just more spin and propaganda. If you want to know how Booker is feeling, look no further than his dispirited play and despondent demeanor on the court, especially since the All-Star snub. At this point, after yesterday's events (or lack thereof, in the Suns' case), I fully expect Booker to play for the rest of the season the way Rubio played on the day of Kobe's death.

It's expecting way too much for Booker to go all out when management yesterday demonstrated unequivocally that they just don't care and have no plan whatsoever to put any further talent around Booker.