Suns trade for Royce O'Neale and David Roddy

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This was said about Yuta. The guys we sent out never got their fair shake at things with the big 3 imo. Maybe KBD did, and I thought he was doing good in spurts, maybe Bol Bol took his spot. Who's to say O'neale doesn't regress, tough to say because our offense prior to the big 3 playing together was awful.

Edit: For me, of the 4 that went out, Metu might be the biggest lost. He had size and was athletic, maybe it was something during practices. Or immaturity...he had the big eyes thing when he was goofing around during the game. And he had the potential to be the best shooter outside of Yuta.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
We let a couple player options for next year go as well. KBD & Yuta may have wanted to exercise that for next year with the way they have been playing this year.

Also. Royce is now the 5th highest paid player on the team. Just like that. haha

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually the more I think about it, the more this reminds me of the Dbacks just churning that ineffectual relief and bench after the all star break til they got the right fits.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Metu unfortunately reminded me so much of DA… Lite. He has great size, very athletic. He's skilled, but it just doesn't translate consistently.

I mistakenly thought Yuta was going to be huge for this team. I always liked his effort, but for some reason that beautiful shot just would not fall once the season started. I like Goodwin, but I have felt all season like he's been vastly overrated here on the message board. I guess KBD is the guy I like to see go the least, but he hasn't exactly been consistent either.

Well let's see what we get in the buyout market. So many damn players moved today.

Joe

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Oh damn. Hope this isn't the end for Tony B. That's a tough recovery at his age.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Actually it's not that important because we can't bundle players after this deadline due to the second apron.

Ya, but now they have another non-minimum contract that can be traded. They have more flexibility than they had before the trade.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Suns have two open roster spots now. Should probably just convert Azabuike and Saben Lee's contracts. Those guys are better than any buyout guys.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns have two open roster spots now. Should probably just convert Azabuike and Saben Lee's contracts. Those guys are better than any buyout guys.

That would be on brand for James Jones. I'm not against Azabuike getting a regular contract but I'd hope we get someone better than him or Lee for at least 1 spot.

Frank the Tank is available. Let's bring him in. I'm only half joking about that.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They needed a versatile wing defender. They got one in ONeal. He's 6-6 with a fairly long wingspan--not Mikal long, but OK. He plays D 1-4 (small 4's). Not sure about Roddy. 6-4 and 255. Yikes. Thats a defensive end. He looks heavy on the court. He moves but man he's a tank. The only basketball body I remember like that was Chuck.

They probably need a backup center unless they are thinking of giving Bol more time. I still think they need a pg. Not sure they can get anything better than what they giveaway today. Will see.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson