Suns to add Amar'e and Marion to Ring of Honor

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The murals are all being done. Duane Rankin has been posting them on Twitter.

Here's Proski, Cotton, and MacLeod

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Walter Davis, Connie Hawkins, and Tom Chambers

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Paul Westphal, Alvin Adams, and Dick Van Arsdale

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shawn Marion will be inducted into the Suns Ring of Honor December 15th.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shawn Marion will be inducted into the Suns Ring of Honor December 15th.

I thought they were doing both inductions together? Probably could have found a better game than New York but I'd imagine there's a lot of scheduling to account for. I remember attending the Nash ROH induction, it was awesome. If any ASFN folks are looking for a game to attend, I'd recommend that one because seeing the induction live is really cool.

I don't know if it was shown on broadcast but during the Nash induction they brought out his 2 MVP trophies. The Gorilla was wheeling them away at some point near the end and tripped on a wire and snapped a piece off one of the trophies. It made the whole arena pause in silence. You could tell the dude in the costume was kicking himself for it also. Nash, I believe, brushed it off and sort of made a joke of the incident so all was well but I remember that causing a lot of concern for the Gorilla. Hopefully Nash, the Suns, or whoever didn't hold it against him and had some sort of insurance to handle repairing it. I think the head popped off, or an arm. Wonder what happened there.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The murals are all being done. Duane Rankin has been posting them on Twitter.

Here's Proski, Cotton, and MacLeod

Dear Mr. Ishbia please call Joe Proski and offer him a bag for just this season.
That dude had some magic in his hands.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare Stoudemire will be inducted into the Suns Ring of Honor on March 2nd when the Suns play the Rockets.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I love every bit of this. And am trying to make it out for the Amare ceremony.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it still Gorilla #2? I seem to recall the original guy in the costume was employed for something like 25 years and shared time in the suit with his replacement for a year or 2 before retiring.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Found this on the gorilla. Had some info wrong but this doesn't seem all that clear either as it says 3 men have donned the suit while listing 4, however naming just 3.

Go has been played by three different men since his inception as their mascot. Henry Rojas performed for the Suns from the Gorilla's inception in 1980 until the end of the 1987-88 NBA season. Bob Woolf took over the role afterwards, and he helped introduce some of the biggest staples Go holds. He performed as the Gorilla from the 1988-89 NBA season until the 2005-06 season. The next Suns' Gorilla was Devin Nelson, who performed from the 2006-07 NBA seaon until the end of the 2011-12 season. The newest Gorilla was revealed before the 2012-13 season. The new Gorilla is from Grand Rapids, Michigan and is hailed as one of the best professional mascots in the world.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Found this on the gorilla. Had some info wrong but this doesn't seem all that clear either as it says 3 men have donned the suit while listing 4, however naming just 3.

The current Gorilla is not as high flying and dangerous as the one from the 90s and mid 2000s.

Might be because one of them broke their leg about 10 years ago or so...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard