xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Landry Shamet had a good game considering it was his first game back in a long time.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No KD. No DA. A washed up CP3… No other bench player who comes remotely close to replacing Bridges and Cam Johnson…
Instead it’s Book and… Craig? Okogie? Ish? Biyombo? Lee? Jock? Ross?

And somehow this is on Monty… LMAO.

Heard some chatter the other day that if it were up to James Jones, the KD trade wouldn’t have been made, or, if it were possible, the trade wouldn’t have included Bridges (which means the deal likely wouldn’t have happened).
Jones knew giving up guys like Bridges and Johnson would have massive repercussions…
But it’s on Monty… GEEEZ…

Same Bridges and Cam that were on the team when we got embarrassed by Dallas last year?

Yeah it’s pretty obvious what the problem is.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is painful to watch.

Let me get this straight. Monty is blaming the Suns for the free throw difference in these games?

Remember this when you say so and so plays soft. This is what they are being told to do.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. Monty is blaming the Suns for the free throw difference in these games?

Remember this when you say so and so plays soft. This is what they are being told to do.

Monty is saying the Suns are fouling way too much, among other things. The defense just isn't there.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty is saying the Suns are fouling way too much, among other things. The defense just isn't there.

I don’t think we’re fouling enough.

Suns have had over 20 games where our opponents have shot 10+ free throws than us.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Paul, for a guy who has been gun shy, had some putrid shot selection.

Bazley is terrible, Ross should be dropped from the rotation.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fouling creates free throws.

Yeah I know.

Every suns fan here complains we don’t get calls and the numbers back it up.

So yours and Monty’s solution is to play even softer? Is that right

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know.

Every suns fan here complains we don’t get calls and the numbers back it up.

So yours and Monty’s solution is to play even softer? Is that right

Why did you include me?

I was just pointing more fouling creates more free throws.

The Suns need to foul less but play more aggressive... smarter.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns would have been better off playing guards than Ish, but he didn't put himself in this role. His ceiling is probably a two-way player.

Plenty of other Suns players who didn't carry their load.
I like Ish, he's a great guy to have sitting at the end of the bench who gets a few minutes every few weeks. But Monty must have heard he'd been on a two way contract and misunderstood what that meant. Someone tell him he's not a two way player, he's not even a one way player. He can almost do several things at an NBA level. Almost.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Ish, he's a great guy to have sitting at the end of the bench who gets a few minutes every few weeks. But Monty must have heard he'd been on a two way contract and misunderstood what that meant. Someone tell him he's not a two way player, he's not even a one way player. He can almost do several things at an NBA level. Almost.

Yeah, I like Ish. He is a very likeable person and plays hard, but there must be more talented G-League players out there. If the Suns wanted to keep him, they should have kept him on a two-way contract.

However, as I see it, the Suns have bigger problems. They have other players on their roster that aren't much better. I was hoping Bazley or Warren could give the Suns something.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Combine that with Payne’s 1-5…
Well Paul still double double, Payne was just atrocious again after playing well for two games he totally disappeared ugghhh. 2 points from a guy who’s supposed to be a spark off the bench lol. We missed Ayton for sure we can’t afford to have guys out injured we just haven’t put a consistent starting lineup out there all season I believe 10 games or less 71 freaking games into the season that’s crazy stuff right there!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Paul, for a guy who has been gun shy, had some putrid shot selection.

Bazley is terrible, Ross should be dropped from the rotation.

Ross is the perfect example of Suns fans looking at someone else on another team and thinking he’s better than what we have.

He gets here and you see his flaws up close and realize he’s really not that good

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ross is the perfect example of Suns fans looking at someone else on another team and thinking he’s better than what we have.

He gets here and you see his flaws up close and realize he’s really not that good

With our switching defense you can't really have someone out there who is just flat out clueless. Ross seemingly is never in the right spot.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With our switching defense you can't really have someone out there who is just flat out clueless. Ross seemingly is never in the right spot.
If you have quickness and length, a switch everything defense can be very effective. If you have a team like ours, all you're doing is making it a lot easier for your opponents to find matchup advantages and open looks.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Him and Baz are lost out there. I don’t know how much of that is coaching.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
We’re going to get book hurt right before the playoffs. I can feel it.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Let's see now. Home team is going on a big run late in the game. It's not when are you calling a time out, coach, it is ARE you calling a time out? No? Oh well, there goes the lead, the home team's momentum is not stopped, and we're too far behind in the last 2 minutes of the game. I wonder if Monty and his band of merry assistants are evaluating coaching decisions when watching game tape. It's so obvious. I'll even look it up on Wikipedia...

In sports, a time-out or timeout is a halt in the play. This allows the coaches of either team to communicate with the team, e.g., to determine strategy or inspire morale, as well as to stop the game clock. Time-outs are usually called by coaches or players, although for some sports, TV timeouts are called to allow media to air commercial breaks. Teams usually call timeouts at strategically important points in the match [...]

Even the most casual fan has heard the terms "stop the run", "kill momentum".

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
But I guess, if they have a system, and they trust it and they just have to let it work, then by all means. Sit idly by and wait for it to work.

wagonmound464

Rookie
Reaction score
Late 3rd quarter, Landale missed 3 shots right under the bucket. On rebounds, instead of securing the ball he tips it out and usually the other team gets the ball. WTH?

4th quarter Suns have double digit lead, then I see that OKC went on a 23-4 run.
Put the blame where you want, except on Book. Total collapse again!

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Except it was James Jones who made the decision, not the fans.

The Suns did need to add another shooter. Maybe they were hoping his flaws would be less obvious with Phoenix.

This late in the game, about all we can hope for is he will improve.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose