Suns tease the new uniforms

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Why are you guys whining so much about the uniforms? Get over yourselves.

The only that matters is if they win. If they win in these uniforms you will love them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least now we know for a fact, contrary to what some around here would have you believe, that Alex Len's feet and ankles are still firmly attached to his legs and he can move about, at least up and down a catwalk, without the need of a wheelchair or even crutches.

being concerned about a young 7 footer who's already had mutliple ankle surgeries isn't being crazy. to try and intimate that those with concerns are is inflammatory and quite frankly, incredibly stupid.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
being concerned about a young 7 footer who's already had mutliple ankle surgeries isn't being crazy. to try and intimate that those with concerns are is inflammatory and quite frankly, incredibly stupid.

The fact that he's ambulatory clearly indicates that he'll never have injury problems ever, duh.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why are you guys whining so much about the uniforms? Get over yourselves.

The only that matters is if they win. If they win in these uniforms you will love them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

This teams has been teasing and hyping about the uniforms for two months. It is only reasonable to voice an opinion. I think they are ugly. Not just not bad. Just plain ugly.

Moving on.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like them. Simple is more IMO. They have a retro look. Much better than the previous for sure. I wouldn't ever buy and wear team gear myself, so I could care less about them in that regards. I find it tacky and well... I just think they look silly on people. Silly is a nice way to say it.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My comments were not intended for people with mere "concerns" about his health. Everyone including myself shares those concerns.
But some already asserted that the Suns have drafted a player with two broken ankles, which is far from reality unless you consider a barely detectible stress fracture the equivalent of a broken ankle. It doesn't mean that he won't have injury problems, but it also doesn't mean that he's damaged goods already.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My comments were not intended for people with mere "concerns" about his health. Everyone including myself shares those concerns.
But some already asserted that the Suns have drafted a player with two broken ankles, which is far from reality unless you consider a barely detectible stress fracture the equivalent of a broken ankle. It doesn't mean that he won't have injury problems, but it also doesn't mean that he's damaged goods already.

I think you're full of crap and there was no reason to call out a bunch of fans unless you wanted to take an unnecessary dog at some posters and piss them off. Congrats. Looks like you succeeded.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not digging the stencil uni's.

I can live with them, they're just jersey's, but I think they're all horrible. Looks like something a 2nd grader would draw in 10 minutes, but cleaned up so the lines aren't squiggly. Two years to design them??

I don't mind the old school feel, but that shouldn't mean stencil and completely minimal.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

A stress fracture IS a broken ankle... you dont have surgery on bones that are not broken.

And to be honest I find a stress fracture more concerning than a generlized break. If the someone breaks their ankle typically it comes as a result of some sort of serious trauma, while stress fractures are a sign of bone that is not strong enough for its intended purpose.

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yup. I think its only makes sense to be concerned with Len's ankles after he starts missing games because of it.

As of right now, according to him, the FO and everyone involved, he feels great, there's no pain and he will be ready to go before training camp starts.

Sounds good to me.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think you're full of crap and there was no reason to call out a bunch of fans unless you wanted to take an unnecessary dog at some posters and piss them off. Congrats. Looks like you succeeded.
I never post with the intention to piss anyone off. I simply wanted to say that maybe Len is not in as bad a shape as some have thought, by exaggerating in the same way some have exaggerated his condition. But hey, if that's how you want to interpret it, by all means.

A stress fracture IS a broken ankle... you dont have surgery on bones that are not broken.
But there are obviously different forms of a fracture, varying in severity. A hairline fracture is not the same as having a severe break that prevents you from being able to walk. In fact, we've read that Len had no symptoms of the fracture in his other ankle and the surgery was precautionary. I doubt he would have that surgery right now had he not already been recovering from the first one, allowing him to recover from both simultaneously so that he wouldn't miss additional time for that same fracture in the future if and when it became symptomatic.
And to be honest I find a stress fracture more concerning than a generlized break. If the someone breaks their ankle typically it comes as a result of some sort of serious trauma, while stress fractures are a sign of bone that is not strong enough for its intended purpose.
This is a valid point and should be a concern. But we don't really know at this point whether this will be a chronic issue or whether this is something that can be prevented in the future with better workout regimen. Stress fractures are fairly common in basketball due to the nature of the sport. Concerns are one thing, but to already proclaim that Len was a wasted pick before he even sets one foot on the basketball court is premature, imo.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
So, am I the only one that actually likes these?

You must be registered for see images attach

My only real complaint is that they should have added another half circle to the other side of the number. (Would have probably had to shrink the numbers a little.) But that would have made a LOT more sense if they're going for the retro but "clean" ball / sunburst look.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don't like the black on them white and orange uni's.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So, am I the only one that actually likes these?

You must be registered for see images attach

My only real complaint is that they should have added another half circle to the other side of the number. (Would have probably had to shrink the numbers a little.) But that would have made a LOT more sense if they're going for the retro but "clean" ball / sunburst look.

I despise the rays/number combo on the unis. ESPECIALLY the single numbers. The Goodwin jersey looks better, but that's only because he's got a double-digit number. It still looks unfinished and amateur to me.

Don't mind the large lettering and the shorts.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I like them. I would have liked to see some sunray outlines around the numbers. Also the Orange shirt should have had the black go around the waist to break up the shorts just way to much Orange.

But over all I like them! Home white nice and will be picking up one, just not sure who or maybe go with a custom one, since I am not that big on any of the players yet.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I liked the purple roads right away and seeing more of the white without the other jerseys alongside, it looks better. The SUNS on the home looked gigantic and unbalanced compared to the small lettering on the road, but seeing it on its own it looks good. I also really like the gradient sunset effect they put into the letters.

But yes, they could have used a dash of purple, I think it would make everything stand out more on the uniform.

I dont think anything can salvage the sleeved look. Those are hideous.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wish they would only wear the sleeveless jerseys against Miami, Brooklyn, Golden State, LAC and OKC since those will probably be the biggest blow outs this coming season and less Suns fans will be watching those.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People are far more likely to watch a potentially ugly loss against some of the great teams in the league than tune in for a game between two bottom feeders.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen