Suns summer league roster

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
*****Update to the Suns roster for Vegas*****

Rod Benson is no longer on the Suns summer roster. He is now on the Toronto Raptors summer squad for Vegas.

When I noticed that he was listed on the Raptors Vegas squad I called KTAR and they had no idea why he was no longer on the Suns.

So, I decided to call the Suns offices and talked to a lady in the Coaches office and she stated that the change happened today, but no reason was listed as to why he would no longer be on the Suns roster.

This completely bites since I was hoping he'd have a shot at our roster behind Amare and Shaq with Lopez.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rod Benson is no longer on the Suns summer roster. He is now on the Toronto Raptors summer squad for Vegas.

When I noticed that he was listed on the Raptors Vegas squad I called KTAR and they had no idea why he was no longer on the Suns.

So, I decided to call the Suns offices and talked to a lady in the Coaches office and she stated that the change happened today, but no reason was listed as to why he would no longer be on the Suns roster.

This completely bites since I was hoping he'd have a shot at our roster behind Amare and Shaq with Lopez.

Maybe that was the deal that was being reported in the Ottawa Sun?

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
I'm hoping since Benson is with Toronto's squad now, that either the Suns and Raptors made a trade (Diaw??) or the Suns needed to make a roster spot for Otis George. Just have to wait and see if anything comes out media wise about the change.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
I also just sent Rod an email through his website asking him what happed as well.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score

Impressive work. I admire your initiative. :notworthy

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Maybe that had something to do with BC in phx and the Ottowa Sun rumor?

Tip of the iceberg maybe?

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
The Suns picked up Vladimir Golubovic (7' 225 lbs from Serbia) to replace Rod Benson. Gulobovic played in the Orlando Summer League with the Pacers. Below is some stats from that league:

Vs. OKC: 17.5 min. / 75% FG / 50% FT / 8 Rbds / 7 Pts

Vs. Bulls: 10.5 min. / 33% FG / 3 Rbds / 1 Asts / 1 St / 2 pts.

Vs. Magic: 11 Min / 66% FG / 100% FT / 1 Rbd / 1 Asts / 6 Pts

Vs. Nets: 20.5 min. / 83% FG / 33% FT / 8 Rbds / 1 Asts / 1 St / 11 pts

Averages: 67% FG / 60% FT / 4.6 Rbds / 1 Ast / 1 St / 6 Pts

Looks like he should do well with the Suns Summer League. Although I'd rather have Benson, Gulobovic should look good here too.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Strawberry's been working on his shot...

Lopez is hustleriffic so far.

Vinicius has a nice touch from the 3line.

Good defense by the team overall

Donte Greene has 17 of his team's 22 points so far...

Last edited:

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
12 for robin so far on 4/5 shooting. His touch at the line is pretty good. The 1 rebound kinda bothers me though.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
The team is shooting 68% though, that might have something to do w/ it :p

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
DJ is doing awesome, Lopez is a hustle machine, a bit klutzy at times, but plays smart and focused. Tucker has definitely improved his range.

Donte Greene is everywhere.

on a side note, the blazers dont have rush or oden on their roster, buzzkill and a half. Bayless is dominating though.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmmph...both Strawberry and Tucker outrebounded Lopez (6 rebounds to 5 rebounds).

Hmmm...are the summer Suns both offensively and defensively challenged? :p They shot only 43% from the field while the Rockets shot 51%.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a favorable impression of Marcus Vinicius? I know he did not have impressive stats tonight but he appears to have good offensive skills. I've seen some say he has a chance to make the Suns roster.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Am I the only Suns fan that doesn't watch or really pay that much attention to the summer league games? I mean, its a bunch of guys we never heard of and a handful of guys who are under developed and aren't proven yet. Sure I would like to see how Lopez, Strawberry, and Tucker play....but it isn't the same for me.

EDIT: I would watch, but I seriously can't find the video on www.nba.com

Last edited:

Rekindled

Rookie
Reaction score
go to nba .com, click summer league , register a free account, then just take the .asx link out from the watch link then you can watch it in media player.

It's pretty fun watching lopez, danilo, greene, mayo, bayless etc. playing well.