Suns @ Spurs Friday game thread 1-24-20

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rubio has gotta be aware there and stick his hand up, call the foul on himself.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big put back by Saric.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Whatever the end result, the effort tonight was a major improvement. Monty is coaching his butt off.

The lack of depth on this team is astounding. I maintain James Jones and his awful player personnel management are a major problem.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
With an earlier Suns 18-0 run, but the Spurs making it a ballgame, it was good
to see the Suns hold on. Especially with Booker fouling out.

And our bench being out scored. 'Fun to watch.

103-99 Suns victory.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
With an earlier Suns 18-0 run, but the Spurs making it a ballgame, it was good
to see the Suns hold on. Especially with Booker fouling out.

And our bench being out scored. 'Fun to watch.

103-99 Suns victory.

There are not many benches shallower than ours in the NBA. That’s why Booker has to go for near 40 and play 41 minutes just to squeak by mediocre teams like the Spurs.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I guess Saric was cooking tonight

Still can't defend worth a darn. But offensively and rebounding wise (not number of rebounds, but fighting for position so others could grab them, and not giving up offensive boards the way he usually does) I think I have never seen him play better.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thanks for the help with the win tonight. RIP lil buddy.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still can't defend worth a darn. But offensively and rebounding wise (not number of rebounds, but fighting for position so others could grab them, and not giving up offensive boards the way he usually does) I think I have never seen him play better.

You are so wrong Dario played great D on Aldridge.

Defense is not his issue, he is solid.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Horrible officiating tonight. Suns won despite a bush league foul that Mills drew during the inbounds.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You are so wrong Dario played great D on Aldridge.

Defense is not his issue, he is solid.

Aldridge was still 6-11 from the floor for 16 points (outside of DeRozan, the only Spur to have a good shooting night), and Saric had 4 fouls and no blocks. That might be great defense for Dario, but it is mediocre at best overall.

Still, I will gladly take this version of Dario Saric, defensive deficiencies and all. The problem is that this version of Dario Saric happens at most once every 4 or 5 games.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Great game by Saric tonight. I am still in favor of trading him at the deadline though. We have too many hot/cold players. We need some consistency (and athleticism) at the PF spot. Saric would of been a solid stopgap PF for us if we had drafted a PF, but we didn’t. I don’t see him having any kind of future with us so I would rather try to cash in the asset as opposed to just losing him in the offseason.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Great game by Saric tonight. I am still in favor of trading him at the deadline though. We have too many hot/cold players. We need some consistency (and athleticism) at the PF spot. Saric would of been a solid stopgap PF for us if we had drafted a PF, but we didn’t. I don’t see him having any kind of future with us so I would rather try to cash in the asset as opposed to just losing him in the offseason.

This. 1,000 times this. Same goes for Aron Baynes.

Unfortunately, our window has probably passed on the chance to cash in on Tyler Johnson's expiring contract. (He should have been traded in the offseason, when he had put together a few good games and at least gave the impression that he could still contribute, as opposed to now, where he is worthless and the Suns would have to give up an asset to get another team to take him...kind of what happened with T.J. Warren last year when the opportunity to sell high passed us by.) Another blunder on James Jones's part (and one almost exactly like how he mishandled T.J. Warren, which proves he is not learning from his mistakes), to add to the multitude of blunders he has already compiled as GM...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson