Suns sign Dragic: 4 years @ $34 million

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am hesitantly optimistic on this one. He went hog wild once the Rockets gave him consistent PT. I hated the trade where we lost him. IMO his Phoenix decline had a lot to do with how bad our 2nd unit was as a whole.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I don't know , if he's coming to play hard then I'm ready for Goran again. He has an NBA game at the PG without a doubt but it's all about his confidence.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Love it! Goran is a good guy who did really well as a starter. He is a good defender, and a high-character guy. $8.5M is probably a bit too much, but I am OK with that. It's a risk, but it's a risk worth taking! I love the fact that they identified their targets (Beasley, Dragic, Gordon,) and they went out and got them (New Orleans could technically match the Gordon offer, but I still think he's gonna be a Sun next year.)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragic, Gordon, Beasely is going to be our big three? This team is about as clueless as clueless could possibly be.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Love it! Goran is a good guy who did really well as a starter. He is a good defender, and a high-character guy. $8.5M is probably a bit too much, but I am OK with that. It's a risk, but it's a risk worth taking! I love the fact that they identified their targets (Beasley, Dragic, Gordon,) and they went out and got them (New Orleans could technically match the Gordon offer, but I still think he's gonna be a Sun next year.)
:thumbup:

A Dragic/Gordon backcourt gets me excited. Could be a nice blend of scoring,athleticism and defensive competence. Also,having a pure distributor at backup PG like Marshall could be a nice option.
I wanted the Suns to hand over the car keys to Goran 2 yrs ago.

Muggum

Registered
Reaction score
They are headed directly to the bottom of the league. At least we'll sniff top draft picks in the next 5 years. Because we ain't sniffing playoffs. Gentry will be fired at the end of 2014, through no fault of his own. We're a team of backups and castoffs. Not an all-star in sight.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
They are headed directly to the bottom of the league. At least we'll sniff top draft picks in the next 5 years. Because we ain't sniffing playoffs. Gentry will be fired at the end of 2014, through no fault of his own. We're a team of backups and castoffs. Not an all-star in sight.

Tell me, what allstar could we have gotten this summer? Or next, for that matter? They don't exactly grow on trees.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If only...

IMO we are headed for 5 years of extreme mediocrity. 30-40 wins and fighting for 8th seeds and never picking better than 8th.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'll say this... if they sign Gordon and get Dragic that could potentially be a very good young back-court. but at the price they're paying, plus Beasely... how the hell can they ever get the... eh... who cares. i hate this team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If only...

IMO we are headed for 5 years of extreme mediocrity. 30-40 wins and fighting for 8th seeds and never picking better than 8th.

yup. we're gonna be the Pistons.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dragic, Gordon, Beasely is going to be our big three? This team is about as clueless as clueless could possibly be.
I dont think the Suns consider Beasley anything but taking a flyer on a buffoon that can score some points in the meantime.

I do think they are counting on this being their backcourt of the future,however....and i'm cool with that.

My point is,i dont think that Beasley is a guy they're even considering building around,and i'm very cool with that.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I'll give the Suns this. They are actually getting all of their targets, which is a massive surprise considering the owner and the reputation that we (Suns fans) seem to think the team / ownership has. So that's a good sign.

As far as the signing themselves? I don't hate them. If anything the Suns will be young and (hopefully) entertaining, assuming Gordon finds his way here. Some people think bottom 5, but I disagree. I think they could actually make some noise by running teams out of the gym. It's ironic, though. Gordon and Beasley would have been perfect compliments to Nash.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

As with 99% of my opinions on the Suns board, I agree with Stefan again.

Look forward to some Jason Kubel level crow from this board next year.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
What a day. Does the Suns front office work one day a year? The one day that everybody else in the country has off? LOL.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
If Landry Fields was offered 3/20 deal, is 4/34 that bad for Dragic? I watched a lot of Rockets games late last season just to see Dragic start and other guards had an awful hard time staying with him. He also played excellent defense as well.

Gortat
Morris
Beasley
Gordon
Dragic

Dudley
Marshall
Frye
Childress
Warrick
--------
--------

Reaction score
So now we have a Goran, Gordon, and a Gortat.. Maybe ownership misread their names and thought they were brothers? It's all starting to make sense. Just waiting for a trade to bring in Marcus Morris and Brook Lopez..

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's actually 4 years 30mil with 1mil per year allstar bonuses with a player option for year 4. Per Coro.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Love it. Huge Dragic fan. He can shoot, he can drive, and best of all he can play D. He might not become an All Star caliber PG, but he is pretty damn solid. And the last time I checked, I haven't seen many All Star caliber PG's winning rings so it's not like one is necessary. Not saying we will be competing for one anytime soon, but I am comfortable with where we stand and in the future at the point with Dragic and Marshall.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
agreed. that's a solid contract.

still think the Beasley deal is insane.

I don't really hate it. 2 years ago he was basically putting up 20/6. Still young and worth the gamble since it was a pretty reasonable contract.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard