Suns @ Rockets Tuesday game thread 12-13-2022

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have two more games on the road trip before they return home to play the Pelicans again on Saturday.

They play at the Rockets on Tuesday and the Clippers on Thursday.

Suns are now 16-11. Rockets are 7-18 but play the Bucks later today.

When: Tuesday, December 13th, 2022

Television: Bally Sports Arizona

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 6 pm Arizona time

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Had to take a bong hit and eat some munchies bef posting after hard pels l

Wishing and praying the right suns team shows vs rockets

Been sad week for az sports fans lately:(

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The reasonably good effort given against the Pelicans yesterday really should be enough to defeat the Rocks. One just can't be certain of it with this group. So mysterious.
It was better than reasonably good. I think that may have been our best game of the year. If Ayton had not fouled out we would have won IMO.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was better than reasonably good. I think that may have been our best game of the year. If Ayton had not fouled out we would have won IMO.
LOL. No it wasn't. You can't call a game in which you let the opposing team shoot almost 60%, giving up more than half of those points in the paint, had 14 turnovers and shot only 34% from three our best game of the year. Not even close. We were shorthanded obviously but so were they. Prior to these last 6 games the Suns only gave up 120 or more ONCE. They have done that 5 of the last 6 games. The defense has been atrocious.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he's looking more at the score than the stats; so am I. I don't call it the best game of the season, but I call it competitive, when you come back from 15 down (or 18, whatever it was) and force OT. When Booker is injured, I don't ask the Suns to play their best games of the season.
There is a huge difference between the Suns doing what they can shorthanded and calling it the "best game of the season". They have shot better from 3. They have had stellar offensive games. They have played better defense and had less turnovers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for December 15th and hoping James Jones has a plan.

Devin Booker will need to get healthy and Chris Paul will need to resemble the Chris Paul of yesteryear.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for December 15th and hoping James Jones has a plan.

Devin Booker will need to get healthy and Chris Paul will need to resemble the Chris Paul of yesteryear.
I hope so. If this team stands pat? We are not going anywhere this year. I don't think he will, but I am with you hoping he has a plan. Booker's hamstring issues appear to be a career long thing now which is worrisome. CP3 is on the edge of the cliff. SOMETHING needs to change.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope so. If this team stands pat? We are not going anywhere this year. I don't think he will, but I am with you hoping he has a plan. Booker's hamstring issues appear to be a career long thing now which is worrisome. CP3 is on the edge of the cliff. SOMETHING needs to change.

As I''m sure we have discussed, the Suns did not significantly strengthen their roster this past summer.

Now with injuries to Cam Johnson, Devin Booker and Jae Crowder out the bill has come due.

Also the Suns are playing a tough stretch on their schedule. Really thankful they have a cushion to absorb some of the losses.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL. No it wasn't. You can't call a game in which you let the opposing team shoot almost 60%, giving up more than half of those points in the paint, had 14 turnovers and shot only 34% from three our best game of the year. Not even close. We were shorthanded obviously but so were they. Prior to these last 6 games the Suns only gave up 120 or more ONCE. They have done that 5 of the last 6 games. The defense has been atrocious.
Well, to me it was. The reason they shot that well comes down to our inability to effectively guard Zion. Ayton did an ok job, but due to his fouls he was not able to guard him when it really mattered.

What I saw in that game was an actual commitment to defense and rebounding, which I don't think I have ever seen to that degree before this season.

When I judge how well the team plays it's not really whether the shots go in, it's more about are we playing smart and putting forth effort. To me that game was the one the suns players actually tried the hardest to win - which is really not surprising considering the losing streak they are on, and the previous games finish.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, to me it was. The reason they shot that well comes down to our inability to effectively guard Zion. Ayton did an ok job, but due to his fouls he was not able to guard him when it really mattered.

What I saw in that game was an actual commitment to defense and rebounding, which I don't think I have ever seen to that degree before this season.

When I judge how well the team plays it's not really whether the shots go in, it's more about are we playing smart and putting forth effort. To me that game was the one the suns players actually tried the hardest to win - which is really not surprising considering the losing streak they are on, and the previous games finish.
You must have been watching a different game. Trying is not "best". Lots of people try but still are not very good at things. This is the worst defensive stretch of the season for the team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker remains OUT for the game with the Rockets.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not shooting the messenger but is it really necessary to include Crowder every time as if there's a chance he might play for us in the future.

Even here on the boards someone mentioned he could/should still come back and play for us LOL

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not shooting the messenger but is it really necessary to include Crowder every time as if there's a chance he might play for us in the future.

I leave it out of my comments about the injury report, but some writers like to be thorough.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think starting Dario Saric again is a bad idea against the athletic Rockets.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Landry Shamet is starting tonight.

Staff online

Forum statistics