Suns Rebuilding Hopes

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Don't feel like this is a classic overreaction thread, but it seems like the Suns are in for some rough years coming up. We've all seen this coming, and i'm not sure management will make the right moves/put a decent team together.

We've overspent on guys, and underspent on better players. Our best player is an aging PG, surrounded with average role players.

There's nothing to build around here. Usually the big name free agents want to go with another big name. It's possible we could sign 2 big names, and use some of the current roster to fill out a decent team.

We know once Nash is gone, the style will change some. So we'll be putting a new style and new team on the court, and it could be ugly.

Sounds like we'll have some money and options moving forward, so hopefully we can make some good moves with those.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns wont sign any big name stars. Trust me, I gurantee it.

Someone needs to go slap Sarver and tell him that no really good players wanna sign with a sh**ty Suns team when there are way better options. Doesnt matter if the Suns have the cap room to sign 10 max players, they wont even get 1 because nobody wants to play for a garbage small market team.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns wont sign any big name stars. Trust me, I gurantee it.

Someone needs to go slap Sarver and tell him that no really good players wanna sign with a sh**ty Suns team when there are way better options. Doesnt matter if the Suns have the cap room to sign 10 max players, they wont even get 1 because nobody wants to play for a garbage small market team.

You keep spewing this nonsense and I must say, it's getting old. First off, we are NOT a small market team. We're not New York or LA but we certainly aren't New Orleans or Minnesota either. We're a middle market team. Yes, we will struggle bringing in the biggest names. But there are a lot of good players that could very well be brought to Phoenix. Atlanta had an arguably worse ownership situation than we do and they were able to sign Joe Johnson. Joe isn't Dwight, but few players are.

We won't get one of the big-name-shoe-contract players because their sponsors want them in one of the huge TV markets. Once you get past them though we are not an unreasonable option. We have Sarver and a dearth of talent working against us but OTOH, we aren't Cleveland either. We're going to be bad for a few years, most of us understand that. But all the whining, swearing and owner bashing in the world isn't going to change that. This management team has to clear salary in an attempt to begin improving the Suns. Giving up without even making an effort is counter productive.

Steve

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns will have the room to sign two max free agents. They should start the whispering now about how they have room to do that and if there are any free agents that want to go somewhere together (ala Bosh and Wade) that Phoenix is a good destination. It might be even more so with a good early pick like Davis or Drummond.

If we are really intent on keeping Nash, would Nash be willing to go recruit Deron Williams with the line "come and let me be your back up."

Remember that this is a place where MANY players want to live and raise a family.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah but it's not like the Suns have gotten to this point on accident....thats why i'm so cynical when discussing this franchise anymore. The Suns purposely made their bed and now they're lying in it.

This was once a franchise that could easily rebound and retool with FA and the occasional outstanding draft pick.

I've got to be honest,when Nash came here in '04(?) and helped turn this thing around i never would of imagined that 8 years later i'd be praying for the Suns to just freakin move on....it's like having an old relative living in your house. You care for them and they've given you so much in the past....you're obligated...except in this case grandpa refuses to leave! Sarver WON'T let go of grandpa because grandpa is the only one bringing in the income!

Its insanity.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
The Suns will have the room to sign two max free agents. They should start the whispering now about how they have room to do that and if there are any free agents that want to go somewhere together (ala Bosh and Wade) that Phoenix is a good destination. It might be even more so with a good early pick like Davis or Drummond.

If we are really intent on keeping Nash, would Nash be willing to go recruit Deron Williams with the line "come and let me be your back up."

Remember that this is a place where MANY players want to live and raise a family.

Assuming Howard isn't traded before next summer, I can see the Suns pursuing Howard and Williams. They would probably need to amnesty Chilli and possibly move another player to make room, but it would definitely be a possibility.

I do think, however, that Dwight will be traded to NJ before the trade deadline. It's more realistic that Phoenix will have to overpay one or two 2nd-tier players, such as Westbrook or Love, assuming their teams don't match the offer.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am really hoping that both Howard or Williams actually hit free agency next summer. Even if we cannot get them it creates other opportunities.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn