Suns open Las Vegas Summer League August 8th, 2021

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Usually bigs that late in the round are just projects that need a lot of development. Usually centered around upside and potential. We arent into player development like some east coast teams are, and need someone to contribute.

I'm making my call today...I think the suns will trade it with someone tonight.

Boom, and that someone was Carter. Sad to see him go but Shamet is a nice shooter.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Would be nice if Stix got some actual mins this year. You don't get better sitting on the bench.
Throw him in the damn fire and see what he's made of.
You can't win in the finals by playing the same 5 players.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Miles McBride is the Tyrese Haliburton of this draft. If we pass on him... man the board is going to be unbearable in 2021-2022.

I agree to a point. He will be a surprise to a lot of people. Definitely a 2nd round steal for sure.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Tyrique Jones will play for the Phoenix Suns in the NBA Summer League, sources tell @Sportando. Jones spent his rookie season as a pro between South Korea (6.6ppg and 6.6rpg) and Israel (12.9ppg and 7.7rpg)

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
United champion Jo Lual-Acuil will play for the Phoenix Suns in the upcoming NBA Summer League. via (Olgun Uluc) #NBL22

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
PGs
Jaleen Smith
6'4, 26 yo, USA. *German League MVP

Trey Kell
6'4, 25 yo, USA.

SGs
Justin Simon
6'5, 25 yo, USA.

Ty-Shon Alexander
6'4, 23 yo, USA. * Two-way contract.

Jón Axel Guðmundsson
6'5, 24 yo, Iceland.

SFs
Karim Jallow
6'6, 24 yo, Germany.

PFs
Emmanuel Nzekwesi
6'8, 23 yo, Netherlands. *Dutch League MVP

Vitto Brown
6'8, 26 yo, USA.

Tyrique Jones
6'9, 24 yo, USA.

Cs
Jalen Smith
6'10, 21 yo, USA. *15-man roster.

Zach Hankins
6'11, 25 yo, USA.

Jo Lual-Acuil
7'0, 27 yo, Sudan.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The fact we carried Alexander throughout most of the season is odd considering the front office's apathy toward undrafted rookies and the G-League. I wonder what they see in him. Perhaps they'll cut him loose soon.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boom, and that someone was Carter. Sad to see him go but Shamet is a nice shooter.
Yup like the shamet addition least he can produce now no development delay.... can he provide def at all or just 3p mainly? Lol never heard of him before yesterday heh

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
PGs
Jaleen Smith - Looks like a shorter but thicker, more bulldog, right hand version of Cam Payne. Good rebounder for his size
6'4, 26 yo, USA. *German League MVP

Trey Kell - reminds me a lot of Dillon Brooks. Sweet stroke.
6'4, 25 yo, USA.

SGs
Justin Simon - Poor mans Derick Jones Jr. Long, out of control to a point, dunker
6'5, 25 yo, USA.

Ty-Shon Alexander
6'4, 23 yo, USA. * Two-way contract.

Jón Axel Guðmundsson - Not a fan. Drives with eyes down. Decent stroke. Bulldog
6'5, 24 yo, Iceland.

SFs
Karim Jallow - ???
6'6, 24 yo, Germany.

PFs
Emmanuel Nzekwesi - Quick hands and a good drop step but not much else
6'8, 23 yo, Netherlands. *Dutch League MVP

Vitto Brown - Looks like he'd do really well as a PnR and PnP roll player. 3 is similar to Horry. Not sure about D
6'8, 26 yo, USA.

Tyrique Jones - REALLY impressive. Really good in PnR. Banger. Dunker. Can't wait to see what he does in SL
6'9, 24 yo, USA.

Cs
Jalen Smith
6'10, 21 yo, USA. *15-man roster.

Zach Hankins - Reminds me a lot of Birdman. Fluid feet but will be interesting in SL
6'11, 25 yo, USA.

Jo Lual-Acuil - Good handles, GREAT hook shot, more of a finesse player
7'0, 27 yo, Sudan.

All in all if this is our SL team I'm looking forward to seeing 2nd yr guys Tyshon and Jalen, but interested to see what Tre, Vitto, Tyrique, Zach and Jo look like.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Would be nice if Stix got some actual mins this year. You don't get better sitting on the bench.
Throw him in the damn fire and see what he's made of.
You can't win in the finals by playing the same 5 players.

Let's see if he can hold his own in the G League first before counting on him to contribute in the NBA to a team with championship aspirations.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact we carried Alexander throughout most of the season is odd considering the front office's apathy toward undrafted rookies and the G-League. I wonder what they see in him. Perhaps they'll cut him loose soon.

They had Jalen Leque on a guaranteed deal the year before as an undrafted rookie. Not sure where you get the idea there is an aversion to undrafted rookies within the front office. This is the first draft that JJ hasn't signed one quickly.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
They had Jalen Leque on a guaranteed deal the year before as an undrafted rookie. Not sure where you get the idea there is an aversion to undrafted rookies within the front office. This is the first draft that JJ hasn't signed one quickly.

Selling the G-league team and not taking a flyer on a single undrafted FA clued me in.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Selling the G-league team and not taking a flyer on a single undrafted FA clued me in.

2 of the drafts that Jones has been GM for ended with him signing an undrafted rookie. This is the first year he hasn't taken a flyer on one. We don't have a G League team of our own anymore but having one didn't help us when we were the worst team in the league. We can still send players down as we have an affiliate team, just not one owned by Sarver.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr