Suns open Las Vegas Summer League August 8th, 2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns will open Las Vegas Summer league on August 8th, 2021 against the Lakers.

They have four games locked into the schedule to determine seeding and at least one tournament-style game.

Here is what their schedule looks like from Arizona Sports:

Aug. 8: Lakers vs. Suns – 7:30 p.m. (ESPN2) Thomas & Mack Center

Aug. 9: Suns vs. Jazz – 7 p.m. (NBA TV) Thomas & Mack Center

Aug. 12: Suns vs. Nuggets – 7 p.m. (NBA TV) Thomas & Mack Center

Aug. 14: Trail Blazers vs. Suns – 6 p.m. (NBA TV) COX Pavilion

All the games will be televised on ESPN or NBA TV. It can be streamed on the ESPN app.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fifth Suns game will be August 16th or 17th.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a quick turn around.

this is going to be big for Stix if he’s still on the roster

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also Ty-Shon Alexander as he fights for a roster spot.

but are we really counting on Alexander to contribute next year? I feel like Stix is exactly what we could need. I have faith he’s going to be good he has to much talent and works to hard not to be good his body just wasn’t ready.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but are we really counting on Alexander to contribute next year? I feel like Stix is exactly what we could need. I have faith he’s going to be good he has to much talent and works to hard not to be good his body just wasn’t ready.

Alexander was on a two-way contract last season so I think they may give him a look. The Suns NEED Stix to step up this coming season and show he can be an NBA player.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Alexander would be a nice add if he developed. He’s 6’4, can shoot, and didn’t look like physical liability on the court. Of course he’s a long shot, but those long shots are what push very good teams into great team territory.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Tyshon-Alexander can fill in for Nader or Galloway that's a plus. By that I mean a guard who can attack the basket and or score when they see the floor. He's not likely to be a big piece but if he can fill the 13, 14, or 15 spot on the roster that's a plus since he'll be cheap and we already know he meshes well with his teammates here.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh hope suns have a successful slg and draft

Just still bit devastated over finals and suns talk makes me bit sad still I'll get
over finals eventuallyy

Really hope suns make good decisions in draft tonight!! Maybe that will perk me up from final loss hangover fan feeling lol...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh hope suns have a successful slg and draft

Just still bit devastated over finals and suns talk makes me bit sad still I'll get
over finals eventuallyy

Really hope suns make good decisions in draft tonight!! Maybe that will perk me up from final loss hangover fan feeling lol...

Nothing like the draft, trades, free agency and summer league to get the blood flowing.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nothing like the draft, trades, free agency and summer league to get the blood flowing.
Long as no more stix type hope suns try to add size if they keep 29th pick not sure if a decent young pg will be there at 29...

Go suns make smart move tonight:)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long as no more stix type hope suns try to add size if they keep 29th pick not sure if a decent young pg will be there at 29...

Go suns make smart move tonight:)

We will see. Mostly I'm liking point guards and combo guards at #29 not that I don't think there are some big men available later.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We will see. Mostly I'm liking point guards and combo guards at #29 not that I don't think there are some big men available later.

Usually bigs that late in the round are just projects that need a lot of development. Usually centered around upside and potential. We arent into player development like some east coast teams are, and need someone to contribute.

I'm making my call today...I think the suns will trade it with someone tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually bigs that late in the round are just projects that need a lot of development. Usually centered around upside and potential. We arent into player development like some east coast teams are, and need someone to contribute.

I'm making my call today...I think the suns will trade it with someone tonight.

The Suns could do this but I will be very disappointed if they pass on Miles McBride especially with Cam Payne's future uncertain. I think there will be a number of guards who can play some at #29.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Miles McBride is the Tyrese Haliburton of this draft. If we pass on him... man the board is going to be unbearable in 2021-2022.

no he’s not. If he was that good there wouldn’t be talk about him going 29

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
no he’s not. If he was that good there wouldn’t be talk about him going 29
Totally missed the point, but ok. If he's available at #29 and he's the best available, and we don't take him... how am I wrong? We have the #29 not the #10, it's all a matter of degrees.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns will open Las Vegas Summer league on August 8th, 2021 against the Lakers.

They have four games locked into the schedule to determine seeding and at least one tournament-style game.

Here is what their schedule looks like from Arizona Sports:

Aug. 8: Lakers vs. Suns – 7:30 p.m. (ESPN2) Thomas & Mack Center

Aug. 9: Suns vs. Jazz – 7 p.m. (NBA TV) Thomas & Mack Center

Aug. 12: Suns vs. Nuggets – 7 p.m. (NBA TV) Thomas & Mack Center

Aug. 14: Trail Blazers vs. Suns – 6 p.m. (NBA TV) COX Pavilion

All the games will be televised on ESPN or NBA TV. It can be streamed on the ESPN app.

So when exactly does reg season begin and fa?

Awesome on postin summer schedule always fun to watch development players rookues

U guy's think suns should send stix to slg 1 more time?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea another payne like guard be dope at 29!!! Can always use energetic athletic players

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Awesome on postin summer schedule always fun to watch development players rookues

Teams can talk to free agents starting August 2nd and start signing free agents on August 6th.

Stix definitely needs a good showing in summer league.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There was no summer league last year with the bubble and late season start. So this will be Stix first SL outing and he really needs to show something.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jaleen Smith will join Suns summer league team. He is the German League MVP.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score