Suns Off-season Thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the loss of Brunson will hurt the Mavericks at least initially. Maybe they work it out later on. He was a legit shot creator and shooter which helped create a diversion from Doncic.

My thoughts are the Suns problems last season were mostly internal although they will need to improve because teams like the Clippers are better and the Warriors will still be there.
As @Ouchie-Z-Clown pointed out Hardway mitigates the loss of Brunson AND they shored up their biggest weakness.
Also, sounds like KD played his last game in a Nets uniform. If that is the case? KD is going to make this realy ugly the closer the season gets to starting. He doesn't want to sit at home either. So the Suns might know soon if they are out or not. I also don't see the Suns waiting until the mid-season trade deadline to make moves while the rest of the West blazes on either.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What platforms are you following him on? I only have FB, im not sure if signing up for social media accounts will help me keep in the loop on anything nba.

Instagram. I'm not following Jae myself, I saw that on Reddit and verified it myself. If you want a collection of relevant information then you're fine waiting on someone to post about things here. If you want news and info a little quicker then you can check out Reddit but there's a lot of bad memes and low level talk to sift through as well.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Instagram. I'm not following Jae myself, I saw that on Reddit and verified it myself. If you want a collection of relevant information then you're fine waiting on someone to post about things here. If you want news and info a little quicker then you can check out Reddit but there's a lot of bad memes and low level talk to sift through as well.

Partly why I avoid almost all social media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Partly why I avoid almost all social media

I have accounts in Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter but don't do much socializing on them.

I use Reddit kind of as a news feed and just go where the news takes me. I try to avoid the nonsense.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You couldn’t watch before without direct Tv

This took way to long to get done

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Interesting - if I could just have it from Nov-May, at $20 a pop, makes more sense than having a Tv package.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I live in Arizona but it says I will not get the service in my area. Better check zip codes. I guess I will have to stick with DirecTV.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was trying to find out what the whole "Center Court" stuff was and found the answer...

NBA TV’s Center Court franchise is the network’s marquee night of programming, which incorporates enhanced viewing options, such as unique camera angles, next-gen analytics and social media integrations, into the originally produced telecast.

That is from www.nba.com/news/2022-23-nba-tv-regular-season-schedule

I thought I'd share since I imagine others wondered that meant as well.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I heard on the radio we have 32 national televised games for the Suns if you count NBATV.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Crowder will be traded. I had my doubts before but since he's removed all mention of the Suns from his social media he's been really cryptic and posted this pic yesterday with the Suns logo blurred out.

Not sure why he's upset, he's been traded more than a half dozen times in his career already. Something about this seems personal though.

You must be registered for see images attach
Yeah, he was told Cam will be starting cuz he can actually hit 3s and jump w/o getting stupid techs

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Cam is starting at PF then I hope he's bulked up a little bit and worked on his rebounding. I think he could add 5-10 pounds of muscle to his frame without losing any positive aspects of his game. I know he's talked in the past about improving his rebounding and he did slightly last season, increasing his rebounds per game from the previous seasons 3.3 a game to 4.1 but his playing time increased also. His per 36 increase was 0.6 more rebounds a game, up to 4.8. He had an 8.5% rebound rate.

Crowder averaged 5.3 rebounds a game with a per 36 average of 6.8 and a 10.5% rebound rate.

Cam can equal Crowder's rebounding numbers, I'd hope, but he really needs to exceed them and I'm not sure if he can or will by a decent amount.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like for the Suns to have a more traditional power forward, but traditional lineups aren't necessarily needed to win a title.

A team like the Warriors can start players at forward who are 3/4 type players.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd like for the Suns to have a more traditional power forward, but traditional lineups aren't necessarily needed to win a title.

A team like the Warriors can start players at forward who are 3/4 type players.
Traditional power forwards are almost gone.

Even against a team like the Lakers where AD is a legit PF - he doesn't play like it, he's content to take mid range jump shots.

There is really only 2 true "Power" Forwards I worry about in todays game - Giannis and Zion.

Biz does have some ability to play those guys if necessary, but really since nobody can really stop them your best move is to shoot the 3 well and try and beat them that way.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I was trying to find out what the whole "Center Court" stuff was and found the answer...

NBA TV’s Center Court franchise is the network’s marquee night of programming, which incorporates enhanced viewing options, such as unique camera angles, next-gen analytics and social media integrations, into the originally produced telecast.

That is from www.nba.com/news/2022-23-nba-tv-regular-season-schedule

I thought I'd share since I imagine others wondered that meant as well.
Yeah, I like the Center Court broadcasts. Last year we had one that featured the refs, Zach Zarba and crew. That was against the Grizzlies where the young female ref threw out their coach. I guess she wanted her 15 minutes. ;)

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
If Cam is starting at PF then I hope he's bulked up a little bit and worked on his rebounding. I think he could add 5-10 pounds of muscle to his frame without losing any positive aspects of his game. I know he's talked in the past about improving his rebounding and he did slightly last season, increasing his rebounds per game from the previous seasons 3.3 a game to 4.1 but his playing time increased also. His per 36 increase was 0.6 more rebounds a game, up to 4.8. He had an 8.5% rebound rate.

Crowder averaged 5.3 rebounds a game with a per 36 average of 6.8 and a 10.5% rebound rate.

Cam can equal Crowder's rebounding numbers, I'd hope, but he really needs to exceed them and I'm not sure if he can or will by a decent amount.
Our new MAX Center can pick up the slack on the boards and earn the $ he got. Get a rebounder for the 2nd team when Saric checks in for DA

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Ehh, couldn't this Crowder problem be over the usual issue of money? His contract ends in 2023 if not extended. I suppose the tax-paying Suns might have balked at a similar new contract. He and/or his agent probably want at least as much, and perhaps the Suns hoped to bring him back for even less. Can't expect him to like that.
Yeah if Crowder wants the same or more $ then he is nothing but a exp contract to trade. See Ya

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ehh, couldn't this Crowder problem be over the usual issue of money? His contract ends in 2023 if not extended. I suppose the tax-paying Suns might have balked at a similar new contract. He and/or his agent probably want at least as much, and perhaps the Suns hoped to bring him back for even less. Can't expect him to like that.

Nothing in Crowder's history would indicate he's upset because he's not being paid early. Youngsters on rookie contracts and stars get early extensions, he's neither.

He's been a journeyman his whole career and traded over a half dozen times. He may want paid but he's under contract next season regardless and the Suns would be dumb to say anything about a pay cut beyond this season. The way to handle it is telling him they will discuss a new deal when his current deal is finished, which is how role players deals work.

I highly doubt this is about money. He's making more with the Suns than any other point in his career but at $2 million+ a season. When the Suns signed him no one was offering him as much as the Suns either. He recently liked a tweet about going back to Miami, a team that only offered him $10 over 2 seasons when he signed in Phoenix, which us what the Suns pay him that much for each season he's been here.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dario doin like 10 and 4 for Croatia i dont know how that translates to the NBA but he seems to be able to play.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dario doin like 10 and 4 for Croatia i dont know how that translates to the NBA but he seems to be able to play.

Thanks to you mentioning it, I tracked down the stats for Slovenia and Croatia.

For Croatia, Dario Saric had 18 points (3/5 2PT, 4/7 3PT), 6 rebounds, and 1 assist for 18 PIR.

Although it was an exhibition game, it is certainly encouraging.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose