Suns Off-season Thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Or perhaps Monty is losing the team and I think it’s the obvious answer.

Look at the last month of the season. It’s a totally different team. That Mavs series was arguably the biggest flame out in the history of the NBA.
Ah no. Only a suns fan with a specific vendetta would use such hyperbole. Was it a flameout? Absolutely. The biggest flame out in the history of the nba? No.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was Dario Saric' comment as quoted from Sports Illustrated.

By Donnie Druin:

23 hours ago

“I missed the national team, it is always an honor and pride to play for Croatia,” he told EuroBasket.com's Johnny Askounis. “The feeling of being back is fantastic. After the end of the NBA season, I trained there until mid-July. I was preparing to be as fit as possible. I feel good. It’s nice to be with these players.”

----------------------------

“Right now, the plan is to go back to Phoenix,” Saric said. “I talked with the coach, but you never know in the NBA. I don’t worry about that. I am trying to come back from injury and my focus is on the national team.”

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of comments from Eurohoops.net.

By Johnny Askounis/ [email protected]:

“I missed the national team, it is always an honor and pride to play for Croatia,” he explained to gathered reporters during a break from practice, “The feeling of being back is fantastic. After the end of the NBA season, I trained there until mid-July. I was preparing to be as fit as possible. I feel good. It’s nice to be with these players.”

------------------------------

“Right now, the plan is to go back to Phoenix,” Saric said referring to his contract lasting through the next season, “I talked with the coach, but you never know in the NBA. I don’t worry about that. I am trying to come back from injury and my focus is on the national team.”

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ah no. Only a suns fan with a specific vendetta would use such hyperbole. Was it a flameout? Absolutely. The biggest flame out in the history of the nba? No.

Oh God, you had to huh. Couldn’t help try and jump in.

I said “arguably the biggest flame out in NBA history” and to say it’s not in the conversation is just being a fanboy. Well there it is Ouchie is saying this isn’t even in the conversation for biggest NBA flameouts.

This Suns team was 8 games better than the rest of the NBA. the greatest clutch team in the history of the NBA.

Now I’ll wait right here while you go tell me how many 1 seeds in the NBA history were almost down 50 in a game 7 on there homecourt in the second round.

Oh and to a team we had beaten something like 11/12 times in a row.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
And I'll wait here while you tell me how many of those teams had Covid. What's that? Just the one? OK.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bismack Biyombo so thoughtful.

He will put his jersey signed by the family on father's grave.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This comment is intriguing because it provokes me to wonder if, at this point, Draymond Green is one of those players who is feared mostly because of a reputation, which was built during his prime.

Back then--that, is, during the mid-2010s when the Warriors were the most feared team since the 1996 Bulls--I saw an article that claimed Green was a defensive genius; his ability to predict what the opponent was doing--the only player I have heard discussed in those terms was Larry Bird. Presently, Green probably lives off being considered that way. Reputations usually don't fade.

I didn’t say this

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Not everyone disagrees; you can assume the "likes," including me, agree.
Bismack Biyombo so thoughtful.

He will put his jersey signed by the family on father's grave.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He's a class act. Character type of player that you need on a team. Hand clap to him and look forward to seeing him have a productive 2022-2023 NBA year!

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
This is only a Suns issue insofar as it affects a division rival and the only team last season that was probably the Suns' equal.

Does anyone believe the rumors that Draymond Green might leave the Warriors over money? They are balking at giving him the extension he wants, and they have many players coming up for their own contracts.
I like Draymond however he is kinda opinionated but that's his personality. Draymond is a good smart reading the situation type of player who doesn't excel at any one thing but is good overall and he is with a great team and he feeds a lot off that opportunity as it a good situation for the team & him as well but money makes people move on. It's his call but if he's has made enough money so far then he should stay there and maybe give the so called home town discount because the Warriors are so over the Cap and they do so many players who contracts are coming up. He shouldn't leave but guys like Bird, Jordan & Magic played for the love of the game & Championships and a lot of today's players play for that love of the Max Contract.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Draymond however he is kinda opinionated but that's his personality. Draymond is a good smart reading the situation type of player who doesn't excel at any one thing but is good overall and he is with a great team and he feeds a lot off that opportunity as it a good situation for the team & him as well but money makes people move on. It's his call but if he's has made enough money so far then he should stay there and maybe give the so called home town discount because the Warriors are so over the Cap and they do so many players who contracts are coming up. He shouldn't leave but guys like Bird, Jordan & Magic played for the love of the game & Championships and a lot of today's players play for that love of the Max Contract.

Don’t ever get it twisted they play for money and always have.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh God, you had to huh. Couldn’t help try and jump in.

I said “arguably the biggest flame out in NBA history” and to say it’s not in the conversation is just being a fanboy. Well there it is Ouchie is saying this isn’t even in the conversation for biggest NBA flameouts.

This Suns team was 8 games better than the rest of the NBA. the greatest clutch team in the history of the NBA.

Now I’ll wait right here while you go tell me how many 1 seeds in the NBA history were almost down 50 in a game 7 on there homecourt in the second round.

Oh and to a team we had beaten something like 11/12 times in a row.
I’d rate our 3-1 meltdowns as being greater flameouts. And there’s no question when a 1 seed was booted by an 8 seed it was a greater flameout. That one alone ensures there’s no “argument” about the “greatest” flameout.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Don’t ever get it twisted they play for money and always have.
Of course they play for the money but the point is the money coming in has gotten so great that there's Some players today who just think they are entitled to a Max or Super Max without earning it. Charles Barkley once joked about he was born too early because of the $$ given out today. There' is only so many Max contracts to be given out and then there's are so many on minimum player salaries.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d rate our 3-1 meltdowns as being greater flameouts. And there’s no question when a 1 seed was booted by an 8 seed it was a greater flameout. That one alone ensures there’s no “argument” about the “greatest” flameout.

Let me ask you

Did I say it was the greatest flame out of all time or arguably the greatest of all time?

You know the difference?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Let me ask you

Did I say it was the greatest flame out of all time or arguably the greatest of all time?

You know the difference?
I do. I also know hyperbole. I don’t think most would characterize it the way you do. Know why? Almost as soon as it was over you heard nary a word about it from anyone. It was essentially a nonstory for nonSuns fans. Just another 1 seed that didn’t win it all. Remember, it wasn’t until very late in the season that we became favorites for the title despite maintaining a monstrous lead for 1 seed virtually all season. And even then many were picking teams other than us or calling the race wide open. It just wasn’t seen as a monumental meltdown by anyone other than suns fans.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do. I also know hyperbole. I don’t think most would characterize it the way you do. Know why? Almost as soon as it was over you heard nary a word about it from anyone. It was essentially a nonstory for nonSuns fans. Just another 1 seed that didn’t win it all. Remember, it wasn’t until very late in the season that we became favorites for the title despite maintaining a monstrous lead for 1 seed virtually all season. And even then many were picking teams other than us or calling the race wide open. It just wasn’t seen as a monumental meltdown by anyone other than suns fans.

Oh so we weren’t the laughing stock of the basketball world

Must have been watching different networks than me.

If you think nothing was wrong with this team that’s your choice. You have that right

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh so we weren’t the laughing stock of the basketball world

Must have been watching different networks than me.

If you think nothing was wrong with this team that’s your choice. You have that right
Lol

Let me ask you

Did I say I think there nothing was wrong with this team?

You know the difference

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch, I think you’re misremembering that aftermath of that series, or you just weren’t in tune to a lot of media. Basketball shows and podcasts were just KILLING the Suns and so confused how we could not only fall apart but do so in spectacular and completely confounding fashion. That went on for days even bleeding into the first couple days of the WCF.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ouch, I think you’re misremembering that aftermath of that series, or you just weren’t in tune to a lot of media. Basketball shows and podcasts were just KILLING the Suns and so confused how we could not only fall apart but do so in spectacular and completely confounding fashion. That went on for days even bleeding into the first couple days of the WCF.

That’s how I remember it. Trying to escape the media after that series was ridiculous. It felt like everywhere I turned it was in my face.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Admittedly, I don’t have as much time on my hands to watch/listen to media as do you, but whenever I’m in my car I listen to nba radio and thus I hear parts shows all throughout the day. Of course they killed us initially, but I thought they quickly moved on to the conference finals.