Suns Off-season Thread

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if this has any other meaning.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Personally, I would hate to see him go. Every team needs an irritating tough guy. He's more than that, but we loose a lot of toughness and tenacity if he goes and there is no one on the current roster to fill those shoes.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Personally, I would hate to see him go. Every team needs an irritating tough guy. He's more than that, but we loose a lot of toughness and tenacity if he goes and there is no one on the current roster to fill those shoes.
Yep - better be an upgrade if we're getting rid of him.

Biz will likely be our resident enforcer next year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Borg

I came here to post this.

Apparently he took the suns logo off his Twitter to. Idk I don’t have Twitter so I don’t know what he had before.

Bossman99 was great for us in helping get us to that next level but if we want to win it all we will need an upgrade from him

Whatever happens, let's hope it's a positive move for everyone concerned.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Me too. He was my favorite player on the team for his first half-season or so. Either his performance has dropped off, or his inconsistency wore me down, but one way or another I found myself wishing for his role to be reduced. Even so, I agree that his personality will be harder to replace than his game will be.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every title team needs a Supreme irritant. If we get rid of Crowder, better be for a solid upgrade and we still prob need to add one of those guys who can get under other players’ skin.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His play isn’t flashy but he is certainly doing something right, everywhere he goes his teams win. He’s only missed the playoffs once, his rookie year.

I want to see Cam Johnson’s role expanded but losing Crowder entirely would be a blow. Having that player who pisses off the opposition and does a little shoving is an asset. He really pissed off the Pelicans in the first round. No one else on this team is like that.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Every title team needs a Supreme irritant. If we get rid of Crowder, better be for a solid upgrade and we still prob need to add one of those guys who can get under other players’ skin.
You must be registered for see images attach

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
CP and Book for SURE get under the skin of opponents, but they aren't muscle. Totally different pests.
Just sayin' in response to Cheese's post specifically...

I agree it would be nice to have an enforcer of some type, if just someone that can come in get some hard fouls and sit on the bench the rest of the game. Crowder was more than that, but he is so incredibly inconsistent.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
His play isn’t flashy but he is certainly doing something right, everywhere he goes his teams win. He’s only missed the playoffs once, his rookie year.

I want to see Cam Johnson’s role expanded but losing Crowder entirely would be a blow. Having that player who pisses off the opposition and does a little shoving is an asset. He really pissed off the Pelicans in the first round. No one else on this team is like that.
I think Cam Johnson is going to start and Crowder is butt hurt..

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jae Crowder liked this tweet, FWIW

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If were gonna do it right we need a Barkley like PF. I know there isn't one. But damn it would be nice.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Not really. Book can get under your skin but usually that's after he takes you to the hole and trash talks. I think what Cheese means is an enforcer type that just jaws at you the entire game. Someone physical. That's not really Book. We have faced those players time and time again the last couple years of playoffs.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not really. Book can get under your skin but usually that's after he takes you to the hole and trash talks. I think what Cheese means is an enforcer type that just jaws at you the entire game. Someone physical. That's not really Book. We have faced those players time and time again the last couple years of playoffs.

Crowder, Raja Bell, even Danny Ainge in his own way. A freaking pest who drives the opposition crazy and gets in the face of anyone who messes with his teammates.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I know is the Suns better have something good up their sleeve if they are trading Jae. He was part of almost every lineup where we had a huge +/- advantage on teams like him or not. He has been that guy that annoys people for the Suns with his toughness. He doesn't take crap from anybody.

I can't imagine why Jae would even say anything unless he is hearing something from the Suns on moving him. Not only that but if you see the Suns get picks in return for him only? Something might be up with the KD trade if the Suns are stocking up on picks. Other than that? This would be incredibly stupid of the Suns to weaken the FC even more after the departure of McGee.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About time.

I respect Jae Crowder but it's probably time to move on for everyone.

A first round pick coming back without taking on a similar contract would hint at a bigger move.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I respect Jae Crowder but it's probably time to move on for everyone.

A first round pick coming back without taking on a similar contract would hint at a bigger move.
Maybe it's a trade for Toppin - at least I hope it is.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's a trade for Toppin - at least I hope it is.

This would be exciting although I think the Knicks would have to include someone else for it to work.

Maybe a larger trade is going to happen.