Suns Off-season Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He gives off "Rich Man's Jake Voskuhl" vibes. Seems pretty decent for a minimum player.

Also, big, white, center... from Australia... virtual guarantee to be a crowd favorite.

I'm not sure where the Spurs find these players but I liked Drew Eubanks as well not to mention Jakob Poeltl.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lee and Okogie feel a lot like wing versions of Galloway and Moore from 2020

I prefer this route though. I had been worrying that we were going to "bunch of 35 year old ring chasing vets" to fill out the bench.

IMO, giving younger guys a shot generally works out better on the court and has far less potential for drama off of it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get this signing. His stats look pretty bad.

Looks like best thing he has going for him is defense.
Neither SG we have signed looks "good". These have to be roster filler signings. Booker plays a ton of minutes and you are not giving either SG we signed minutes away from Book. These signing sort of make sense if the KD deal is all but done. Almost every prognosticator out there says their sources are the Suns lead the pack on getting KD.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Neither SG we have signed looks "good". These have to be roster filler signings. Booker plays a ton of minutes and you are not giving either SG we signed minutes away from Book. These signing sort of make sense if the KD deal is all but done. Almost every prognosticator out there says their sources are the Suns lead the pack on getting KD.
Not saying Lee looks good, but he looks playable.

Okogie looks like he is a hideous offensive player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes easily.

Some comments from Spurs fans say they think he is better then Poertl, but that Pop was not playing him.

I like Jakob Poeltl a lot but Jock Landale is a dirt worker as Cotton Fitzsimmons might say. All the Spurs players play like that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Umm, you guys really still have no faith in flex huh?

We know what is brewing.

We know a large trade is brewing for sure as the Suns are filling out their roster with minimum type players.

I don't want to go any further at the moment but something big is happening.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
None of these dudes should see action in a significant playoff game.

They are going to.

Our "good" players are going to consist of CP3, Mikal, KD, Booker - and maybe Clarkson.

I don't think we will have anybody else people will want to be seeing get a lot of playing time, because other than our 6.5 slot we have left, everybody else is going to be a minimum player.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
They are going to.

Our "good" players are going to consist of CP3, Mikal, KD, Booker - and maybe Clarkson.

I don't think we will have anybody else people will want to be seeing get a lot of playing time, because other than our 6.5 slot we have left, everybody else is going to be a minimum player.
I think we keep Jae, Shamet and both Cam’s... Ayton and Mikal are gone IMO.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we keep Jae, Shamet and both Cam’s... Ayton and Mikal are gone IMO.
I will take that bet.

No chance Jae stays. They have made that clear.

Shamet is gone, that's why they just signed the 2 shooting guards.

I hope you are right about Cam Payne - and if Mikal is staying which both Gambo and Flex saying he is, Cam Johnson is gone which is logical because we cannot afford to resign him.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Cam Payne finds himself in a trade I would kick the tires on Kemba Walker... despite what I just said about preferring to give young guys a chance instead of tired vets.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Cam Payne finds himself in a trade I would kick the tires on Kemba Walker... despite what I just said about preferring to give young guys a chance instead of tired vets.

Suns need help at point guard so the Suns may try to keep Payne if doable.

I really hope Iffe shows enough in summer league to keep him on a two-way contract.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His knee is shredded.

He just cannot be counted on at all. Can't believe I am saying this but I would sign Beverly before him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His knee is shredded.

He just cannot be counted on at all. Can't believe I am saying this but I would sign Beverly before him.

I'd have to pull out some video if Beverley came to the Suns.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His knee is shredded.

I literally think Beverly would injure our own guys in practice.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
Gorgui Dieng, Greg Monroe, Robin Lopz Whiteside... Not great options. Of course Dwight Howard and Cousins but I don't want either of them.

Montrez Harrell is available, albeit undersized.
Does Montrez meet Monty's morality clause right now?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson