Suns @ Nuggets Wednesday game thread 3-27-2024

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A win is a win, I'm glad Jamal Murray didn't play for Denver. He's what elevates them from a good team to a great team. They need him to contend. No use showing your hand in a regular season game when there's a chance we'll match up with them in the 1st round.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
This team is frustrating. I just don't understand why they can't play like this consistently. Defensive effort was great- they were moving and rotating. While Book and Beal had a bad shooting night, the offense looked good. Yeah, they still had some bone-headed turnovers, but it wasn't too bad.

Also, Thad Young is significantly better than Eubanks. It is not even close. He needs to be ahead of Drew in the rotation.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
If you had told me that Book and Beal would have poor shooting with Nurk out, I would have said Suns lose by 30! Credit KD for playing amazing offense and defense (despite his usual pathetic turnovers). Can’t anyone on this team jump to KD’s rescue when he is double teamed and in trouble? Sheesh. See it every game.

And coach, PLEASE play Young way more! He was awesome on both sides of the ball.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
thought it was going to be the same predictable neverending story last night - vogel subbed out beal right at the traditional time and i was like damn - but then he put beal back in a couple/few minutes later while leaving gordon in - my wife is as like hey - is that your jaw on the floor and i was like omg - she said you should probably pick that up

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mike Malone is ahead of Vogel as worst coach to win a championship. I recall talking about him being fired back when swept Denver on the way to the finals. Of course Murray was out so that bought him time but he's poor at adjusting and has been bailed out by Jokic being otherworldly. I'm not worried how we fare vs Denver without Murray since there's nothing Malone can do to really push his guys to a victory then. With Murray they're a different team.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We'll see how they look in the next game. I don't feel like getting fished in again thinking they are back on track.

Right! Third Spurs game, wow, this team is great! This is what they will play like from here on out! I'm not worried about Monday's game with the Spurs...

Lays egg.

Comes back at nuggets! Coach was great! They played well together!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with the Suns' defense, amiright?
The Suns did play much better defense than usual. But, looking at if from a Nuggets fan perspective, they did not have their usual intensity and made more mental mistakes than usual. We caught them on a good night.

And, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. A quality win that balances out the Spurs embarrassment.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This suns team is so inconsistent and plays to its competition. I think we just match up better to the Nugs. Welp i hope they can keep it up, i dont see it tho.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every once in a while, Kellan makes a good point.
I want to see him do it for more time before we anoint him the backup. He looked good though. What a weird season this has been. Bol Bol, Royce and now Young could be our regular rotation guys by playoffs.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want to see him do it for more time before we anoint him the backup. He looked good though. What a weird season this has been. Bol Bol, Royce and now Young could be our regular rotation guys by playoffs.

I think Oneale seeing less as a dribbler and passer is working well. But he's definitely already in the the regular and playoff rotation.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right! Third Spurs game, wow, this team is great! This is what they will play like from here on out! I'm not worried about Monday's game with the Spurs...

Lays egg.

Comes back at nuggets! Coach was great! They played well together!
I think given the evidence all year you are irrational and denying all evidence to expect a good performance against OKC. Good performances are the exception not the norm.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson