Suns @ Nuggets Sunday Playoff game thread 6-13-2021 - Game 4

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. I was on a plane for the entire second half. Followed the score in the sports center scroll bar on the bottom of the screen.

on the Jokic foul. He said after the game that he was trying to foul hard to light his team up some. He wasn’t trying to hit him in the face. That’s exactly what it looked like to me. It was intentional no basketball.

Strongstyle

Rookie
Reaction score
The Suns acquiring Chris Paul is like capturing lightning in a bottle twice.

The other time was Steve Nash.

Both players were available because many thought they were past their prime.
You could say the exact same thing about Kurt Warner and Carson Palmer for the Cardinals too.

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
8 more wins. Lets go.

Lets hope a different outcome than 2009-10 season which has been pretty much the same outcome so far. Won the first round in 6, swept the Spurs the 2nd round but lost in the WCF in 6.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shades of the Charles Barkley era.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could say the exact same thing about Kurt Warner and Carson Palmer for the Cardinals too.

Exactly. Both are very similar cases as well. Now we need to turn one of these moves into a championship.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say Jokic is a great player but I lost lots of respect for him on that play. He said he was trying to shake up his team but it was clearly he thought he got fouled earlier and he got mad. but he basically slapped at Payne and then followed through with a forearm so it wasn't a "hard foul" it was a cheapshot that didn't connect so he followed through with the forearm.

Again great player had a great year but that was completely uncalled for. Tough series for them for sure but don't wuss out and get yourself ejected.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Apple Watch spam everywhere.

Suns sweep the Nuggets and all the media is talking about is the Jokic ejection

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What I'm seeing is not they only won because Jokic got ejected but man what a wussy move by Jokic. he knew they were going to lose and didn't want to play the rest of it out so he lost his cool, took a cheap shot and got ejected. That was my take on it immediately he knew Phoenix was the better team and even if they somehow managed to win game 4 they were going to lose the series and he didn't want to deal with that so he got kicked out.

I love his game, great player but he really seemed to wuss out there IMO.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm listening to Al McCoy. He thought it was the right call.