Suns @ Nuggets SL Game Thread 7/5/19

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trevor Bukstein knows how to structure trades and contracts so I think the Suns knew what they were doing.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They also weren't expecting guys like Anderson and especially Ariza to be so ridiculously ineffective. They weren't expecting Warren to miss almost half the season or for Canaan to be nearly as bad as he was. Those things along with Igor ending up being in so far over his head weren't things that were completely expected to happen and as a combination made most of our win predictions completely pointless and completely off.

Ariza and Warren? Sure. But especially after preseason, everyone should have seen Igor coming from a mile away, and Canaan was always that awful.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Ariza and Warren? Sure. But especially after preseason, everyone should have seen Igor coming from a mile away, and Canaan was always that awful.
Canaan was significantly better for us in 2017/18 (small sample due to injury, but definitely better) and that is what some of us were banking on. Not that anyone was expecting him to be great and lead us to a lot of wins, but thought he would at least be somewhat serviceable. As to pre-season, I assume that most others like myself don't tend to put too much stock in pre-season games as it is meant to essentially be a chance to try out what you have been practicing prior to the start of the season and a chance to make final decisions on the end of the roster. I fully expected to see some changes to be made and for things to look a little better by the time the season started. Unfortunately making proper adjustments ended up being one of Igor's biggest flaws as a head coach.

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And yet even without a point guard and with the disaster that was the preseason, everyone was predicting at least 25 wins, and even into the 30s...except for me.
I think most people thought that the previous year we won 21 games without a pg so adding the first overall pick in the draft combined with the further development of our young players might lead to an additional 4 wins. Hardly a group of rose colored glasses wearing, homers.