Suns @ Nuggets Friday game thread 1-1-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns finish the second night of back-to-back road games in Denver on Friday, New Year's Day.

Nuggets are 1-3 on the season with their lone win coming against the Rockets.

Suns are now 4-1 after beating the Jazz 106-95 on Thursday.

Let’s get the win!

Start time is listed at 7 p.m. Arizona time.

It will be televised on FSAZ.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Report Michael Porter Jr. will not play tonight due to health and safety protocols.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Clippers play at the Jazz tonight. Maybe the Jazz do us a favor. They should be hungry.

How sweet it would be to be alone in 1st place in the Western Conference if the Suns could manage a win.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sit Paul tonight. Second night of a back to back at high altitude I’m not worried about it.

I don’t care about the start of the season I care about the end

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Clippers play at the Jazz tonight. Maybe the Jazz do us a favor. They should be hungry.

How sweet it would be to be alone in 1st place in the Western Conference if the Suns could manage a win.
It would be nice. If we could be a top of the WC in May or June. Color me impressed.

I think being a top of WC this early would be taking baby steps toward that goal I mentioned above.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be nice. If we could be a top of the WC in May or June. Color me impressed.

I think being a top of WC this early would be taking baby steps toward that goal I mentioned above.

No reason it can't be in January and whenever the season concludes. ;)

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sit Paul tonight. Second night of a back to back at high altitude I’m not worried about it.

I don’t care about the start of the season I care about the end
Pretty much where I am at.

However I would like to finish the season strong and stay out of the play in tournament (7-10).

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty much where I am at.

However I would like to finish the season strong and stay out of the play in tournament (7-10).

There is no end if we don't make the playoffs first. It's too soon to be sitting him. It's not like he has played a lot of minutes or tried to carry the team on his back.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was just looking at the stats, and Mikal, Cam Johnson, and Cam Payne have been amazingly good so far.

They are by far our three most efficient players, and Cam Johnson and Mikal are both top 30 players efficiency wise so far this year.

Actually the main thing I got from looking at the numbers is the Cam's are not getting enough minutes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long we aren’t running on fumes when the season ends.:raccoon:

I agree but if the Suns are healthy let them play.

I'm more concerned about load management later in the season when players tend to get fatigued. Load management is less of a concern after only 5 games.

Besides all wins count the same. Easier to rest a player with a playoff spot secured.

One of the things the Suns have going for them is that they are in better shape than opponents right now. Of course they have depth as well.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is no end if we don't make the playoffs first. It's too soon to be sitting him. It's not like he has played a lot of minutes or tried to carry the team on his back.

i honestly don’t think we’re going to have a problem making the playoffs.

you also have to remember Paul was just in the playoffs and was carrying that team on his back. This is the shortest offseason ever.

I think the way Payne and others have been playing it won’t hurt to sit him

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was just looking at the stats, and Mikal, Cam Johnson, and Cam Payne have been amazingly good so far.

They are by far our three most efficient players, and Cam Johnson and Mikal are both top 30 players efficiency wise so far this year.

Actually the main thing I got from looking at the numbers is the Cam's are not getting enough minutes.

Cam Johnson is quickly becoming my favorite player. How do you not love this guy. Underdog from day 1

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree but if the Suns are healthy let them play.

I'm more concerned about load management later in the season when players tend to get fatigued. Load management is less of a concern after only 5 games.

Besides all wins count the same. Easier to rest a player with a playoff spot secured.

One of the things the Suns have going for them is that they are in better shape than opponents right now. Of course they have depth as well.
Put him a minutes restriction? Lolz
I’ll drop it until the next b2b games.:D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
How much load management did he have in HOU and OKC? When asked about load management, CP3 said before the season that if he was healthy he was going to play. He was not in favor of load management at all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson