Suns @ Nets Tuesday game thread 2-7-2022

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Monty has been telling on himself a lot lately about how he game plans. It took him nearly 3 years to install consistent P&R w/ CP3 and Ayton.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A) saban lee was atrocious
B) Ayton was glorious
C) nice to see bridges from clunky start
D) nice having book back, but other than his start it looks like it may take a little time for everyone to get back into rhythm with each other
E) if ever there was pure evidence that monty is a terrible schemer it is this squads difficulty just inbounding the ball late in games. We have to be the worst inbounding team I’ve ever seen. It’s embarrassing

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A) saban lee was atrocious
B) Ayton was glorious
C) nice to see bridges from clunky start
D) nice having book back, but other than his start it looks like it may take a little time for everyone to get back into rhythm with each other
E) if ever there was pure evidence that monty is a terrible schemer it is this squads difficulty just inbounding the ball late in games. We have to be the worst inbounding team I’ve ever seen. It’s embarrassing

Your E line, it takes me back. Our mid 2000s pseudo rivalry with the Clippers. Bill Walton was calling one of the games for ESPN, the Clippers pathetically throw the ball away on an inbounds, and Walton, after a few seconds of silence, with his typical hyperbole, proclaims it as; "The worst inbound pass in the history of Los Angeles Clippers basketball".

My Dad couldn't stand Walton as an announcer, all the greatful dead rambling, the hippie culture stuff, but he loves slap stick humor, and that line cracked him up and he's liked Walton ever since.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
what a crap show by Monty. Does he not know how the game is flowing? Or does he just like F ing with us ?

Lee was bad. He just needed to let his guy fly by, then go for the shot.

Craig doh!
I thought Lee was playing above his pay grade early on in the season, but man he is a terrible defender

Pokinmik

Rookie
Reaction score
Yea Ayton has the talent, skills, touch, athleticism, height to be able to get 30/15 in big games as long as he’s aggressive and motivated. Agree that an average or subpar game for him should be like 18/10 to 20/12 at worst.

He seemed pretty motivated in the playoffs two years ago and was huge in game after game just being efficient. A lot of time has passed and hopefully he learned from last year and can keep flipping it on like this when we need him most in the spring.

/not saying this is all likely but he has the potential and it is what is expected for an alpha number one pick like him

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I really hope Ayton and Bridges can keep doing what they've been doing the last few games. If they keep playing like they've been playing, this team is going to be scary.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Lee was playing above his pay grade early on in the season, but man he is a terrible defender

I've been saying this while Lee and Washington were out there with all the injuries we've had. Our perimeter defense was awful during december and january.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ben Simmons

A quote from Office Space “what would you say, you do here?”

Seriously what does this guy do?

He's getting 37M next year, and his final year 40M. How does one escape that contract?