Suns @ Nets Tuesday game thread 2-7-2022

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Three games remaining on the road trip: at the Nets on Tuesday, at the Hawks on Thursday and at the Pacers on Friday.

Both Nets and Suns win on Saturday. Nets are 32-20 after beating the Wizards. Suns are 29-26 after their win over the Pistons.

When: Tuesday, February 7th

Television: TNT, Bally Sports Arizona

Radio: ESPN 620 / S: KSUN

Time: 5:30 pm Arizona Time

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are still cautious if Devin Booker will play against the Nets.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How the mighty have fallen: the Suns' nemesis the Pelicans are barely in bubble territory. I'm sure they were briefly #1 in the west.,
Ingram and Williamson been out awhile. Ingram finally came back and stuck it to his old team. 10 game losing streak before that. Williamson out with hamie hopefully he wiil not show up Tuesday night. Ingram gives the Suns fits

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's goooo suns hope streak continues

Hope book is rdy to go and good performances by cp3 da bridges and Dario

Hope all cards suns fans having fun sun :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sell high on Bridges, Crowder and picks and go get the second superstar needed to win a title WITH Ayton, Cam Johnson and CP3 as role players along with a hit or miss bench.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sell high on Bridges, Crowder and picks and go get the second superstar needed to win a title WITH Ayton, Cam Johnson and CP3 as role players along with a hit or miss bench.
CP3, Book, KD, Cam J and Ayton. I like that line up.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
I guess the Nets would try one more run for the title with KD, given the Irvine trade. They still have a very good team with Claxton, KD, O'Neal, Dinwiddie, Simmons as the starters.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the Nets would try one more run for the title with KD, given the Irvine trade. They still have a very good team with Claxton, KD, O'Neal, Dinwiddie, Simmons as the starters.

It might turn out to be the best move for Phoenix as they probably would give up too much for Durant.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyrie Irving will sit until the trade is finalized.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyrie Irving will sit until the trade is finalized.

That tweet was from 7 am before the trade happened. Trade went through. No indications otherwise.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That tweet was from 7 am before the trade happened. Trade went through. No indications otherwise.

I heard about it late, but physicals and approval of the league office is usually required.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm okay with it in principle but IMO that would be selling rock bottom low if the superstar you're talking about is a huge injury risk.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm okay with it in principle but IMO that would be selling rock bottom low if the superstar you're talking about is a huge injury risk.
more of a risk to do absolutely nothing, IMO. This team as currently constructed ain't winning jack squat. A motivated and healthy KD coming back this season makes us the favorites if Bridges, Crowder and filler is all we lose. Now you might say "well, what about the future..." I don't believe in a future based around Booker/Bridges/Ayton. Yes, Bridges has had a nice month. He had a killer month last year and then went right back to being the same Bridges he's been his entire career. This is a sell high moment.

The league is WIDE OPEN. Sometimes you need to risk if you want to win. This could be our Clyde Drexler trade for the Rockets. Or our Rasheed Wallace to the Pistons. Or Mark Aguirre to the Pistons. The Pistons were a Finals team who had to let go of a MAJOR piece (Adrian Dantley) to get over the hump and the Rockets WON the title the year before and still made a huge move getting rid of Otis Thorpe, who was a stalwart PG starter for them to win it again. The '04 Pistons got Sheed for a song and if we could do that for KD, I would, but we're not talking about Clyde or mark Aguirre... a healthy KD is one of the best players of all time. And every time he's come back from injury, he's continued to be one of the best players of all time. I'm willing to gamble there because I just don't believe in the future of this team. Time to strike is NOW.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
more of a risk to do absolutely nothing, IMO. This team as currently constructed ain't winning jack squat. A motivated and healthy KD coming back this season makes us the favorites if Bridges, Crowder and filler is all we lose. Now you might say "well, what about the future..." I don't believe in a future based around Booker/Bridges/Ayton. Yes, Bridges has had a nice month. He had a killer month last year and then went right back to being the same Bridges he's been his entire career. This is a sell high moment.

The league is WIDE OPEN. Sometimes you need to risk if you want to win. This could be our Clyde Drexler trade for the Rockets. Or our Rasheed Wallace to the Pistons. Or Mark Aguirre to the Pistons. The Pistons were a Finals team who had to let go of a MAJOR piece (Adrian Dantley) to get over the hump and the Rockets WON the title the year before and still made a huge move getting rid of Otis Thorpe, who was a stalwart PG starter for them to win it again. The '04 Pistons got Sheed for a song and if we could do that for KD, I would, but we're not talking about Clyde or mark Aguirre... a healthy KD is one of the best players of all time. And every time he's come back from injury, he's continued to be one of the best players of all time. I'm willing to gamble there because I just don't believe in the future of this team. Time to strike is NOW.

I'd also ask, what can the Suns get for Deandre Ayton or Crowder and filler plus picks.

A PGOTF would be huge now and later.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve never seen a season like this. It’s wide open.

We have to make a move
It being wide open means lots of teams could win and the playoffs are going to be tough.

I am not sure there is any move we can make in the midseason that is going to move us above the pack - trades are rarely that lopsided.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose