Suns @ Nets Sunday game thread 4-25-2021

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody is beating the nets if they are healthy.

I don’t know if anyone beats them if they only have 2 of their big 3. They’re an offensive machine, and in a different way than the SSOL Suns were. All of their big 3 can get their shot against anyone, at any time. We never had that. Even Nash could be stopped at crunch time and Amare post micro wasnt unstoppable like Harden, Kyrie and Durant can be.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns now in 3rd place. Lakers in 5th place, 1.5 games ahead of Mavs. 9 of the Mavs remaining 13 games against under 500 teams. LeBron still out for the Lakers. I can easily see the Lakers dropping to 6th, and us playing them at full strength in round 1.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Suns youth and inexperience really starting to show up. This roadie has been all playoff type games. They just aren’t sharp enough, strong enough and consistent enough to compete against the true elite...

Just gotta hope they gain from all of this, including whatever happens in the post season, and then come back next season ready to truly make a run.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is the first game this season where I got the feeling we just weren't in the same class as our opponent.
Really? We can beat this team - the officiating today has been extremely biased and Kyrie couldn't miss a shot. That's not going to happen every night.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns youth and inexperience really starting to show up. This roadie has been all playoff type games. They just aren’t sharp enough, strong enough and consistent enough to compete against the true elite...

Just gotta hope they gain from all of this, including whatever happens in the post season, and then come back next season ready to truly make a run.

this is what I think this season is about. Turn the franchise around, hopefully win a round in the playoffs and then find the missing piece in the off-season to make a big title run next season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns now in 3rd place. Lakers in 5th place, 1.5 games ahead of Mavs. 9 of the Mavs remaining 13 games against under 500 teams. LeBron still out for the Lakers. I can easily see the Lakers dropping to 6th, and us playing them at full strength in round 1.

I don’t think so. Lebron should be back soon.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d waive the white flag. Get guys rest before a tough back to back to end the roadie.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the first game this season where I got the feeling we just weren't in the same class as our opponent.

crowder would have helped, but yeah. We have to shoot really well to beat the nets.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Knicks game will be a gut check time for Suns.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Really? We can beat this team - the officiating today has been extremely biased and Kyrie couldn't miss a shot. That's not going to happen every night.

I like to read other team's forums when we play them. What I've learned is blaming the refs is irrational. The other team's fanbase think the refs have been just as biased against them. Also, the Nets aren't even at full strength. Harden singlehandedly beat us last time we played them, without Durant and Irving. We can't beat this team at full strength in a 7 game series.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This is game 4 of a brutal road trip and we held with them for nearly three quarters. No need to jump off any bridges yet. And this is without our 6th man and Jae Crowder who would have made a difference.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

that is my nightmare.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I like to read other team's forums when we play them. What I've learned is blaming the refs is irrational. The other team's fanbase think the refs have been just as biased against them. Also, the Nets aren't even at full strength. Harden singlehandedly beat us last time we played them, without Durant and Irving. We can't beat this team at full strength in a 7 game series.
Neither are we.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

no. We can’t beat this team. They beat us in Phoenix without Kyrie and KD and they’ve handled us pretty well with Kyrie and KD sans Harden.

we don’t have the offensive or defensive fire power to hang with this team.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So you think having Saric and Crowder, would've not only made up the deficit today, but would also offset the addition of Harden to their team?
No, think having them would have made this game very winnable.

I agree if the Nets are full strength it’s hard fir any team to beat them. But you can’t speak in absolutes based on this game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson