Suns @ Mavericks Thursday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-12-2022 - Game 6

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don’t see the fight in this team anymore. Where’s the dog mentality that they do in their pregame huddle.
Monty decided he didn’t need to play tonight (McGee) tonight’s rotation again too bizarre! Not sure what Holiday did to Monty but he remains firmly planted in that bench and McGee not getting run is absurd as well. The game plan tonight flawed!

Resin07

Veteran
Reaction score
22 to 6 on TOs. Dallas played real clean game. The Suns aren't going to win playing sloppy basketball like that. A lot of those turnovers were very poor decisions and had little to do with the Mav's Defense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Biden comment is political and wholly unnecessary. Stop taking liberties here with my tolerance
He said he was using Biden voice for a very familiar comment which wasn’t political. I think you’re stretching to call that political. If he said “using the Rock’s voice” for a very comment comment the Rock makes you wouldn’t bat an eye. Just because someone is a politician doesn’t make everything they say “political.”

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He said he was using Biden voice for a very familiar comment which wasn’t political. I think you’re stretching to call that political. If he said “using the Rock’s voice” for a very comment comment the Rock makes you wouldn’t bat an eye. Just because someone is a politician doesn’t make everything they say “political.”

Banned for one day for publicly questioning a moderator. He was banned for the same thing since he trolled the last loss and decided to bring it up this time.

I gave you ample warning to knock it off

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
22 to 6 on TOs. Dallas played real clean game. The Suns aren't going to win playing sloppy basketball like that. A lot of those turnovers were very poor decisions and had little to do with the Mav's Defense.

13 of them came from Booker and Paul

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Banned for one day for publicly questioning a moderator. He was banned for the same thing since he trolled the last loss and decided to bring it up this time.

I gave you ample warning to knock it off
Is this really where we want to go with the site? Maybe not the most productive message ("publicly questioning a moderator".). I get the arguing back and forth stuff. Maybe take this offline next time instead of letting this play out on the forums? Just a suggestion.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is goofy message board talk. When the team plays poorly, we decide it must be the coach's fault and its always some super simple thing that the coach can't see and we can. Holiday isn't playing because he can't run an offense. This is like when everyone wanted the Suns to reacquire Craig, then when he does come back we all remember that he's a pretty limited player.

The Suns aren't losing because Monty is stubborn for not playing Holiday. The Suns were playing careless on offense again. Chris Paul is terrible, Booker played desperate (in a bad way) and Bridges was terrible. Ayton was pretty good though.

This was a discussion about point guards and you try to turn it into a straw man argument about Craig trying prove something that wasn't being discussed.

You don't even address who is going to back up Chris Paul.

Last night Cam Payne had 0 assists and 0 points in 4 minutes. Landry Shamet only had 2 points and 2 assists off the bench in 17 minutes.

So you think you know more about Holiday than James Jones?

Holiday is more than capable of playing backup point guard.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a discussion about point guards and you try to turn it into a straw man argument about Craig trying prove something that wasn't being discussed.

Last night Cam Payne had 0 assists and 0 points in 4 minutes. Landry Shamet only had 2 points and 2 assists off the bench in 17 minutes.

Nobody is saying Holiday is the be all end all of our ills. However, how could he possibly play worse than Payne? Shamet isn't a true PG and is really inconsistent. We don't need Holiday to be a star. We need Holiday to come in, provide a spark, hit a couple shots and weather the storm until the starters come back.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the final warning on this. This is from the board rules since the beginning of it's existence. Most moderators just ban you and don't say a thing. I am more transparent but I also will hold you to rule #6.

#6. Moderator decisions are final. Publicly complaining about them will only result in further action.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the final warning on this. This is from the board rules since the beginning of it's existence. Most moderators just ban you and don't say a thing. I am more transparent but I also will hold you to rule #6.

#6. Moderator decisions are final. Publicly complaining about them will only result in further action.
For the record I wasn't complaining about you or the decision but complaining about how the "message" came across. I was just making a suggestion that all this can be avoided with discussions on the side. I agree with arguing with mods about a decision. That can be done on the side too if you have a disagreement. If that is worthy of a ban I need to start looking elsewhere to post and stop being a contributor.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the record I wasn't complaining about you or the decision but complaining about how the "message" came across. I was just making a suggestion that all this can be avoided with discussions on the side. I agree with arguing with mods about a decision. That can be done on the side too if you have a disagreement. If that is worthy of a ban I need to start looking elsewhere to post and stop being a contributor.

It is not up for public discussion. Anyone can PM me but we are done discussing any of it in the game thread.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I was using the Craig situation as an instructive analogy. That's not what a strawman is.

Do you know more about Holiday than Monty Williams does? Booker was playing backup point guard. He sucked at it, but he's more of a proven playmaker than Holiday is.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was using the Craig situation as an instructive analogy. That's not what a strawman is.

Do you know more about Holiday than Monty Williams does? Booker was playing backup point guard. He sucked at it, but he's more of a proven playmaker than Holiday is.

Using Craig was not a good analogy when talking about point guards. It speaks for itself.

I do know when something is not working to look for alternative solutions.

Point Booker (8 turnovers), Shamet (2) and Payne (1) was not working. Even Chris Paul had (5) turnovers.

If Holiday had played there is a fair chance he could have made the situation better. It couldn't get any worse.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Using Craig was not a good analogy when talking about point guards. It speaks for itself.

I do know when something is not working to look for alternative solutions.

Point Booker (8 turnovers), Shamet (2) and Payne (1) was not working. Even Chris Paul had (5) turnovers.

If Holiday had played there is a fair chance he could have made the situation better. It couldn't get any worse.
Craig was a good analogy. Here's how: people on a message board keep saying the suns just need to do this one obvious thing to fix all their problems (re-acquire Craig/Play Holiday). In both cases I thought the people saying these things were wrong because Holiday and Craig are both limited players. Obviously, I can't say that I was right about Holiday because he hasn't played, but the Craig example is instructive because of the similarities (which I guess you can't see).

Yes, it is good to look for alternative solutions. Not all change moves you in the right direction.

Yes, so far all other guards have sucked. Contrary to what you seem to think, Holiday could actually suck more. Years of evidence suggest that Shamet, Payne, Paul and Booker are all better players than Holiday.

Of course it could be worse. The Suns could have already been eliminated.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Craig was a good analogy. Here's how: people on a message board keep saying the suns just need to do this one obvious thing to fix all their problems (re-acquire Craig/Play Holiday). In both cases I thought the people saying these things were wrong because Holiday and Craig are both limited players. Obviously, I can't say that I was right about Holiday because he hasn't played, but the Craig example is instructive because of the similarities (which I guess you can't see).

Yes, it is good to look for alternative solutions. Not all change moves you in the right direction.

Yes, so far all other guards have sucked. Contrary to what you seem to think, Holiday could actually suck more. Years of evidence suggest that Shamet, Payne, Paul and Booker are all better players than Holiday.

Still wanting to talk about Craig I see. I'm not interested.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Any time Holiday has played he has proven you and Monty wrong.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose