Suns @ Mavericks Thursday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-12-2022 - Game 6

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Monty has been out coached thoroughly in this series.

He was outcoached in the last series, too... even though we won it. And the Milwaukee series last year... so three straight playoff series, in reality.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty lost this game in the second quarter by not simply stopping the bleeding.

Mikal not showing up again. No refs on this one

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Mavericks 113 - Suns 86

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty must be saving him for game 8.

I know Holiday isn't the cure to all our problems but not playing him has made zero sense. He's changed momentum (positively) almost every time he's entered the game and yet Monty continues to ignore him.

We know Holiday is better than Payne and Shamet. That's all we need to know.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Monty must be saving him for game 8.

I know Holiday isn't the cure to all our problems but not playing him has made zero sense. He's changed momentum (positively) almost every time he's entered the game and yet Monty continues to ignore him.

Indeed. This is the kind of stuff that gets me really pissed at coaches. When they think it's more important to prove a point or keep to an agenda than actually winning a game... the very thing that is supposed to be their primary concern by definition.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gotta stay positive everyone...it's now 1 game.. we know if we play our game we will be fine. Tonight sucked ass but doesn't mean squat when we win game 7...Go Suns!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So disappointed in Monty’s game plan and management of the rotations. I think for the most part he was out coached two series in a row. We beat the Pelicans because of the talent disparity.

I give him credit for making the adjustments last game but Monty sucks at in game adjustments. It was obvious that Shamet and Biz were not going to give you the same thing. Should have gone back to McGee And played Holiday.

Play freaking Holiday. I swear this is Frank all over again even if he does.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's good to know if we advance, I won't need to tune into any road games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know why Monty won't play Holiday.

The way Payne is playing I don't think Payton could be worse and I never thought I would say this.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm flabbergasted.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know why Monty won't play Holiday.

The way Payne is playing I don't think Payton could be worse and I never thought I would say this.
I seriously don’t get it. The only thing I can think of is that he is seeing something during practice that isn’t earning him playing time.

Even if that is the case? How can Holiday play worse than Payne or Shamet? I am sure Holiday can play AS BAD but worse?

Monty’s rotations have been so bad in the playoffs. His in-game adjustments have been so bad.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Literally speechless how bad this team has become in such a short amount of time. It seems like they don’t even enjoy playing anymore. Absolutely perplexing.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona sports is grinding all joy out of our souls.
This is the least excited I have been for a game in decades. I have been so used to Arizona teams disappointing that I am jaded. I am just not going to be shocked if we exit. Not even a little.

I hope we don’t. I think we are still the better team but the Suns played with fire and now have to face it.

Not sure how to describe it but I am likely going to watch this game with a “skeptics eye”. It’s the best way to describe it. I am not going to live or die by this game. I know better than that.

Last edited: