Suns @ Mavericks 1-9-18

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This time it was Jackson who had a dominant first half, followed by one bloody shot in the third quarter. Igor Kokoskov really doesn't know how to take advantage of match-ups that are working or how to counter-adjust to be able to ride the hot hand.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Five fouls on Ayton sending him to the bench.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Ayton gets his first field goal ... then his 5th foul and goes to the bench.

Does anyone know if the Suns have a big man assistant coach and, if so, does he have the resume for it?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Suns 13 FT
MaVs THIRTY FOUR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Does anyone know if the Suns have a big man assistant coach and, if so, does he have the resume for it?
It’s Corliss Williamson, aka “Big Nasty.” But he’s a 6’7 earthbound collegiate stud that wasn’t any great shakes at the nba level. The fact we don’t have a guy that specializes in centers considering he was the #1 pick in the draft is beyond me.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warren misses a 3 pointer and Barea goes down the court and hits a 3 pointer. Six point swing.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
They were good shots that were rushed. It happens.
It happens to teams that have to alibi it.

They either play stronger than their opponent or they're don't. It is all about competition.

They didn't play stronger. That is disappointing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It happens to teams that have to alibi it.

They either play stronger than their opponent or they're don't. It is all about competition.

They didn't play stronger! That is disappointing.

There is no alibi. It happens all the time nevertheless it's frustrating when it happens.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No need to get defensive, I said he’s choking tonight. I never said he chokes in all games against Luka or something. He didn’t have a good game against the Mavs in the last one either.

I'm not defensive, I just don't get the "choking vs Luka" comment you made. He's playing poorly, has been for awhile now. I see no reason to suggest it's because of Luka, if he's choking at all it's out of fear of matching up with Jordan.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
There is no alibi. It happens all the time nevertheless it's frustrating when it happens.
You're right. It is frustrating.

Halfway through the season and the Suns are still trying to find a rotation. That reflects on our weak GM situation. And a Head Coach too timid to rise above it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Jones talked about how he's had offers from Garnett, Duncan, Shaq, Robinson, Olajuwon, and more to work with Ayton this summer. He said that it's been virtually every Hall of Fame big has reached out about working with Ayton, which is promising. The kid has a ton of charisma and is super likable so it's not hard to see why some older bigs would want to work with him some. Hopefully he takes them up on it or allows the Suns to schedule him a summer of fun. That was at the open practice the other day, I can find a link if necessary but I read about it on Reddit by someone from the Timeline podcast doing some coverage of James Jones spiel there.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okobo was on tonight. While he was in there I thought he could light it up if he went for it.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Jones talked about how he's had offers from Garnett, Duncan, Shaq, Robinson, Olajuwon, and more to work with Ayton this summer. He said that it's been virtually every Hall of Fame big has reached out about working with Ayton, which is promising. The kid has a ton of charisma and is super likable so it's not hard to see why some older bigs would want to work with him some. Hopefully he takes them up on it or allows the Suns to schedule him a summer of fun. That was at the open practice the other day, I can find a link if necessary but I read about it on Reddit by someone from the Timeline podcast doing some coverage of James Jones spiel there.
That's great! But it will be only half of the solution if we don't have a big man coach and Head Coach who can take it from there during next season .

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okobo is in the game. Try to get him some looks.