Suns @ Lakers Thursday Playoff game thread 5-27-2021 - Game 3

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@95pro

If Paul, Crowder and Cam Johnson cannot hit the three it makes the game tough for everyone particularly Booker. Suns have to spread the court with shooters.

Monty needs to look towards his bench for help.
God crowder pulling a dario this series every shot looks off

Suns really screwed without right paul crowder

Last night zzz was horrible lol

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
God crowder pulling a dario this series every shot looks off

Suns really screwed without right paul crowder

Last night zzz was horrible lol

Its not over. We all knew it would be an uphill battle this series and despite some shaky performances from key players, we've been close to winning each game.

They're only up 1 game right now and we have a history of not losing more than 2 in a row. Steal this next game and we're back in the drivers seat.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And below is a picture of it.

The Suns need to hit shots although the Lakers only shot 25% from three (7-28). Lakers did a lot of their damage inside.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That's how they defended Curry too, same formation and when Booker comes in, they double him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's how they defended Curry too, same formation and when Booker comes in, they double him.

It's a lack of respect for the other players on the court.

Suns had some shooters on the bench but there they sat. It's up to the coach to adapt.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its not over. We all knew it would be an uphill battle this series and despite some shaky performances from key players, we've been close to winning each game.

They're only up 1 game right now and we have a history of not losing more than 2 in a row. Steal this next game and we're back in the drivers seat.

I think it’s over unless Monty does what’s right and benches CP3. Schroeder is having his way on defense and doesn’t even have to guard CP3 on offense which means the Lakers can constantly throw doubles at Booker who isn’t good enough to just flat out beat them scoring and isn’t a good enough passer to make them pay there either.

And even if he could, the Lakers can STILL man up on shooters because they don’t need anyone to guard CP3.

Starting Payne immediately gives Schroeder a pest to deal with defensively and Payne can shoot the ball and create for himself and others a little.

back him up with Moore and a little Carter and if Book can get off and Payne can score a little and slow down a Schroeder we still have an outside chance.

but I think there is ZERO chance with a one armed CP3 who won’t even look at the basket if he’s out at the three point line.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Play carter Galloway more i mean why not they should be rested and better shot to be energetic and shots more than paul now... ugh should have rested paul till Phoenix gms

Hoping for best rotations in next gm

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And below is a picture of it.

The Suns need to hit shots although the Lakers only shot 25% from three (7-28). Lakers did a lot of their damage inside.

That’s called Monty being outcoached. As I said, unless Paul is under the basket there’s no need to account for him on the court without the ball in his hands.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Third quarter, start:

Payne
Booker
Ayton
Craig
Crowder

thats what id like to see.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean he could atleast have Ayton flash to the free throw or top of the key to assist with the triple teams.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's over if Suns lose next game.

I don't think Monty is willing to bench Chris, which has to be done if we are going to have a chance.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's over if Suns lose next game.

I don't think Monty is willing to bench Chris, which has to be done if we are going to have a chance.

it's infuriating in the present and worrisome for the future as far as Monty's coaching as far as I'm concerned.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker won't be suspended for game 4 after flagrant 2.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
CP3 got all the trucks lol:

CP3 is pretty well knows as an "edgy" player, on the verge of "dirty" at times. But, he's a hell of a PG. Also, his injury history, particularly in the playoffs, was the one thing I wondered about when they got him.

But, after the last decade for craptastic ball it was worth the risk IMO. Still hate that it happened and could scuttle this otherwise great year.

If he gets even a little bit healthy the Suns can still take this thing methinks.