Suns @ Lakers Sunday Playoff thread 5-30- 2021 - Game 4

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Absolutely Vogel. You being a baby focusing on officiating is a big problem as a head coach. I love victim mentality coaches.. they always focus on the wrong things. Not themselves. Good thing we don't have Phil Jackson or Popovich on the other end. He'll do nothing to amp up his guys.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah that's the way it works for some people (fans and coaches). They call it your way a hundred times and you don't notice the referees, one call goes against you and you're screaming bloody murder. Refs make mistakes, mistakes go both ways. But there's a reason that every single team feels like they get shafted whenever they play against Lebron's team.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TBF, I think he is saying that his guys focusing on the officiating was the problem, not the officiating itself.

Nah, that's modern day coach speak for I want more calls but I don't want to pay a fine. Monty does it the same way too, they all do it now. If they truly meant it that way it would be a conversation in the locker room, not with the media.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
you think they could shut down Morant, Dame, Trai Young, or even Mitchell?

because I don’t. Booker needs to do some work on his game. And it should start with learning how to shoot a decent percentage from 3.
Mitchell, in his second playoff year, against the Rockets, had one of the the worst EFG% I have ever seen. It happens. You just named 4 primary ball-handlers and compared them to a shooting guard getting double and triple-teamed. While Booker handles the ball, he is not a ball-handler in the same sense. I wish he were as he would be more well-rounded. Booker acknowledges that he has not shot the ball well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what that change was too. Not many layups for him at all.

I'd need to watch the game again. I was so intense. One poster said Bridges received some minutes guarding him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mitchell, in his second playoff year, against the Rockets, had one of the the worst EFG% I have ever seen. It happens. You just named 4 primary ball-handlers and compared them to a shooting guard getting double and triple-teamed. While Booker handles the ball, he is not a ball-handler in the same sense. I wish he were as he would be more well-rounded. Booker acknowledges that he has not shot the ball well.

his turnovers are really hurting us too. 5 per game, while building houses has been a tough combo to overcome.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
TBF, I think he is saying that his guys focusing on the officiating was the problem, not the officiating itself.

Good point. I didn’t consider that angle, but it seems more likely that is what he meant. Came across weird to mention officiating at all; obviously the players were very butthurt about not getting every whistle.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
his turnovers are really hurting us too. 5 per game, while building houses has been a tough combo to overcome.

My recollection is that almost all of Booker’s turnovers have come with Davis on the floor. His length tilts the board. If he can’t play, then it has massive consequences:
1. They score less, so we can run off misses more
2. We then can get into our offense faster
3. We can target every Lakers big on pick and roll
4. Which means we can attack the paint more
5. Which opens up more drive and kick actions leading to open threes

Booker doesn’t need to make a ton of shots if Paul is healthy; he just needs to limit turnovers while still attacking to make a play.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Yuma

We were talking about the defense on Schroder. Booker played some good defense on this play. Ayton was behind him on this play.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We stopped going to that hell hole years ago after one my Lindsey started screaming “I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you f’n bitch!” after a piece of a trash started barking at me for accidentally brushing past her.

and I’m in Phoenix.

Go to Mutt’s. Sharkeez is GROSS.

Mutt's is too crowded

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we didn’t have our boys that night I would. Wednesday we lose em for 5 days. I never give up a last night with my boys.

where y’all staying? How long you out here?

We are at the Marriott Coast Villas. Here til Saturday