Suns @ Kings Friday game thread 12-22-2023

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'd be ok with holding him out for Luka on Christmas because he's not a streaky player. He's definitely more of the plug and play, you know what you're getting from him each night. However we do need someone to guard Fox. Goodwin can't do it all by himself and no one else in the backcourt is quick enough. I'd like to see Maledon get a look.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the Portland loss and the near collapse vs the Wizards tells me is that the 2 losses vs the Spurs weren't a fluke. This team needs a wake up call. Maybe they get it together vs the Kings and Mavs but I have no faith they will. In fact losing vs the Kings all but ensures another ugly loss vs the Mavs, IMO. This is a must win for this team to salvage the season.

I don't view it as a must win game but we are getting closer.

Beating Dallas may be even more important.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Beal would be better but guess we shall wait another month for that

this like the penny bcourt 2k gone wrong lol :(

Worst inj season ever use to with cards to lol

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, without Nurkic, this will be tough.

IMO, we should probably go small, but for small to work we have to play fast

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am kind of excited to see us without big Nurk. Our perimeter defense sucks, they get blown by, then our interior defense sucks because the lone big man gets blown by.

Hopefully we can see what a more nimble center brings to the game. I’d imagine Eubanks starts and Metu backs up. Quicker center could mean better rotations and switches, more chase down blocks. I do think Sabonis draws some quick fouls on Eubanks just based on him being a known commodity more than our backups bigs.

Last edited:

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Sabonis is a tough guard for sure, and fouls will be frequent. Time to use big Bol who can block shots and use up his six fouls.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can't believe this, never seen a team fragile like this.

Someone (preferably multiple players) is always missing: key player, a starter, few benchplayers, now Nurkic. Very creative

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
that blazer game still festering - if there is indeed a rock bottom it's losing to portland - it's lower than losing to the spurs imo

im just hoping something happened between now and then - everybody needs to be held accountable because it's a group suck - we should be leading the league in 3s not turnovers

Our bench plays so nervous - they're so afraid of messing up or missing the shot

and i don't think i can take luka smirking at book on christmas freakin day under a lopsided scoreboard - im cringing just typing

We've seen it - in preseason and in very small stretches as of late - what this team is capable of and that's what makes it f***ed up

Vogel is not helping - not sure if he's the problem but all we've really seen so far is someone who yells and gets after the refs - someone who does call time outs when the game starts slipping - and someone who is forever and understandably tinkering and searching for a functional line up

There's so much wrong now - we can point fingers at certain individuals or we can (and probably should) just point at the collective entirely - because it's a group suck thing

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nurkic is expected back for the Dallas game on Christmas night.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh Okogie talks about having a hip flexor injury.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welpersssss getting my 420 fan stress free flower rdy lol

Hoping wishing right sums team actually shows up makes it a close gm atleast....

Big test here........

No nurik bites dear god boi...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson