Suns @ Jazz Friday game thread 4-8-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker said tonight was a step forward but the Suns can reach another level.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
that's what i'm talking about...
Booker leading all scorers, taking good shots
no one losing their cool in the face of some adversity (rowdy crowd, bad calls, a deficit, etc..)
and Paul closing out the game with the ball in his hands so he can set up high percentage shots for himself, or Booker or Ayton or Bridges or Cam J.

that's the winning formula to take into the playoffs

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn… that comeback was on the road?! Couldn’t watch despite having suns league pass because games on NBATV are blacked out, which is BS.

But good to get a nice WE ARE THE SUNS W before the season ends.

64-18 is an incredible season.

BRING ON THE PLAYOFFS.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This was a nice get yo mojo back win. The fourth quarter was masterful.

Really need for the bench to get it turned around. They should be good enough to dominate opposing benches. But they’ve been awful as late. We are going to need them.

Favorite play of the night was when bridges went full plastic and somehow contorted himself to score over Gobert in the paint. That’s some Mr. Fantastic ish right there.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Damn… that comeback was on the road?! Couldn’t watch despite having suns league pass because games on NBATV are blacked out, which is BS.

But good to get a nice WE ARE THE SUNS W before the season ends.

64-18 is an incredible season.

BRING ON THE PLAYOFFS.
You’re assuming a loss at home against the Kings?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re assuming a loss at home against the Kings?
I gotta believe pretty much everyone sits for that one and when everyone sits, we don’t show up.

Would be stoked to be wrong and get 65 though. That’s really getting into rarefied air for regular season Ws.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What an incredible game. That Suns team that showed up in the 4th quarter, the team we have seen for most of the year, is one of the greatest in NBA history.

I tuned into some Jazz post game stuff, one of the takeaways on their end is that this gives them a chance at the 6th seed, which the commentators seemed to view as a positive. They'd rather deal with the Grizz and Warriors, back to back, than tangle with us again.

Perspective is a wild thing.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Monty talks about the Suns ability to hang in there.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Rankin is weird with his writing sometimes, isn't the bigger story that we were down 17 at the start of the 4th? Definitely not as sexy saying we're down 10 halfway through it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What an incredible game. That Suns team that showed up in the 4th quarter, the team we have seen for most of the year, is one of the greatest in NBA history.

I tuned into some Jazz post game stuff, one of the takeaways on their end is that this gives them a chance at the 6th seed, which the commentators seemed to view as a positive. They'd rather deal with the Grizz and Warriors, back to back, than tangle with us again.

Perspective is a wild thing.

Jazz better be careful what they wish for.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree the bigger story was the Suns were down by 17 points entering the 4th quarter and made a statement by coming all the way back for the win.

This time the Suns didn't lead entering the quarter.

The last 5 minutes of the game was a classical example of a Chris Paul time win.

It was like old times... that the Suns had their poise and swagger back that was missing since the Golden State game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He looks like he’s stalled.

Booker has zoomed by him in terms of development especially on the defensive end. Mitchel looks like the same guy from 3 years ago. Golbert has even called him out this year for his lack of defense.

Wonder what they could get for him

I believe Mitchell would have good trade value. The trouble is getting a comparable star type player in return.

I'd think he would be worth a young talent and a couple of first round picks.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He looks like he’s stalled.

Booker has zoomed by him in terms of development especially on the defensive end. Mitchel looks like the same guy from 3 years ago. Golbert has even called him out this year for his lack of defense.

Wonder what they could get for him
2 years ago the national media said Mitchell was a lot better than Booker. That's a hilarious take now.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Went out with my wife last night, forgot the Suns were playing and just saw the score. Awesome!
I bet there was a nice gripe session here when we were down 14, looking forward to reading it!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am tempering my enthusiasm about us being "back" a tiny bit considering that the Jazz have been blowing ludicrous leads with regularity the last ten days. I think they blew a 25 point lead to the Clippers and then followed that up with a blown 16 point lead against the Warriors.

that said, much MUCH better to get the comeback than to get a loss. especially on the road.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson