ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dang looking at box score hard loss :( was out couldn't watch gm

Hope suns turn around vs warriors 420 will be waiting

Well least cards won finally lol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The refs were terrible but if Ayton were half as aggressive as Bam he’d get officiated completely different.
This. He got substantially outplayed by bam tonight because bam is aggressive and Ayton is a passive wuss.

And man did book look bad at the end.

2-4 in last 6. Wheels finally coming off with no cam, no Paul, no crowder.

Oh, and landale has come back to earth with a resounding thud.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I still think Book’s lack of ability to get to the rim consistently is why he has to take so many contested jumpers. I’d be interested to see his shot map compared to guys like Tatum and Mitchell.
For sure. For a guy with surprising athleticism he has pedestrian foot speed and just okay handles.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s the little lack of elite athleticism that keeps him at being a HOFer but I think will always keep him being an All-Time legendary level player.
Yup. If he was a skosh greater athlete I have no doubt he’d be among the all-time greats. He has the drive, the desire, and the work ethic. Just not the elite of elite athleticism that allows him to put any defender at a disadvantage.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Forgot we were playing tonight. 2 point loss on the road against a decent Miami team. Suprised it was that close.

Basketball is a lot like Jenga, but with far less pieces, and with pieces that are more dependent on each other. You start pulling pieces out, Jae, Cam, CP3... and the rest of the pieces' performance suffers and are more likely to fail.

So the focus shouldn't be on the pieces trying to hold things together. Their properties are already determined. The focus should be on how to make the structure stronger.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to see more of Duane Washington Jr. but that would have been asking a lot to put him in the game at crunch time.

He had 21 points (8-14) and 4 assists. Also, he was 5-8 from three.

I'm hoping Monty brings him along as the season progresses.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
25-4 free throw difference?

Why the hell is Monty just sitting on his ass. He needs to get thrown out of a game like this. He never stands up for his guys
I get you. He might be fined, because he brought that up how only 4 free throws never happens in an NBA game.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Or filthy handles. Don’t see any of those happening at the peak elite level.
I think Book has done a better job of getting to the basket this year. He’ll never be a freak of nature attacking the rim but he’s definitely nimble and clever enough to get more easy ones.

He’s a really good shooter that goes through stretches of streakiness at times. The 3 ball is that weapon though for him. 40% would be ideal. He’s got good form. He just needs to shoot with more arc on longer shots. His shot trajectory is similar to Kobe’s if not a little more arc.

Jimmy is a hell of a defender. Maybe 3-5 guys in the league make that initial block. Suns will bounce back. Missing some key pieces.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I’m surprised nobody is talking about Bam’s easy put back with about a minute left because Ayton had no idea where he was and let him waltz in unimpeded.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Totally jobbed all night on the calls Monte needs to get T’d up or tossed tired of this not standing up to this BS one sided officiating! 4 freaking free throws and they were banging us all night long! **** like this is why people feel games are rigged! That’s now two losses that were direct screw jobs from the officials… but Monte just keeps bending over and taking it…

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think Book’s lack of ability to get to the rim consistently is why he has to take so many contested jumpers. I’d be interested to see his shot map compared to guys like Tatum and Mitchell.

Booker is 1 and Mitchell is 2.

The PPS is Points Per Shot, so Book averages 1.21 points per attempt from the left corner 3 while Mitchell averages 1.27 points per attempt. Then it shows the frequency they're taken. They make up 2.12% of Bookers FG attempts while they're 2.43% of Mitchell's attempts.

Here's a shot chart for them...

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's a link to the site I got this from, as this site lets you compare players, which is nice.

Here's some further info on Book and Mitchell's shots, as that's their career totals. You can break it down by season on the site but they don't have this season up yet.

Book

Mitchell

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker is as good as it gets at getting his shot off sometimes great defense is just great defense. Credit to Butler he made a hell of a play.

I’m all out on Monty

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lowry is trash is all i have to say. He's been even trashier since joining the Heat.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lowry is trash is all i have to say. He's been even trashier since joining the Heat.
I disagree. He's always been this trashy. He's a lousy human being, on and off the court. His flopping/acting/cheap shots were just as obvious in Toronto but the rest of the team was okay so you didn't walk away from a game against them feeling like you'd been beaten, bruised and molested like you do after playing Miami.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Didn’t see the game. We only shot four free throws to their 25? Seems a little one sided to me?
We didn’t really drive the ball much. Book, who usually drives our FTAs was pretty relegated to the outside due to impressive defense by what’s his name. And per usual Ayton played soft except for a short burst where he was angered by something, but then went limp again thereafter.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose