Suns @ Heat Monday game thread 11-14-2022

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Friday the Suns finish their four game road trip at Miami.

Suns are now 8-4 after losing to the Magic. The Heat are 5-7 but play the Hornets on Saturday.

On Wednesday the Suns return home to play the Warriors.

When: Monday, November 14th, 2022

Television: Bally Sports Arizona

Radio: ESPN 620 / S: KSUN

Time: 5:30 pm Arizona time

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Assume the position.
And yes we NEED this Asswhoopin.
Maybe this will show the front office that standing around like a flock of morons may not be the best game plan.
DO SOMETHING!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assume the position.
And yes we NEED this Asswhoopin.
Maybe this will show the front office that standing around like a flock of morons may not be the best game plan.
DO SOMETHING!
Do what? Force Sarver to sell quicker so maybe the new guy will loosen the hold on spending? Force CP3 to play through a sore heel and pray that won't cost us big time later? Force some other team to offer us more than a 3rd round pick for Jae Crowder? Force CamJ to fire up his wheelchair and start nailing 3's for us?

I hope we do something but I don't see any pathway to miracle fixes for this team. We're likely treading water until Sarver is gone, maybe a small move or two but nothing game changing. JMO.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was to disappointed with l to post last n.....

Wanting suns to perform better vs heat

Hope see a takeover gm by dbook and da nice double double type

Still way better than watching cards lol at this point.. goooooo suns

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Do what? Force Sarver to sell quicker so maybe the new guy will loosen the hold on spending? Force CP3 to play through a sore heel and pray that won't cost us big time later? Force some other team to offer us more than a 3rd round pick for Jae Crowder? Force CamJ to fire up his wheelchair and start nailing 3's for us?

I hope we do something but I don't see any pathway to miracle fixes for this team. We're likely treading water until Sarver is gone, maybe a small move or two but nothing game changing. JMO.
Even with all those guys healthy we get an early playoff exit.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even with all those guys healthy we get an early playoff exit.
Healthy? I'm not convinced. I would not make us the favorites even if we somehow went on a tear and finished with the best record again but I wouldn't expect a repeat of last postseason either. If CP3 and squad are fully healthy though (which was clearly not the case last season), I'd expect at least an appearance in the Conference finals unless we somehow drew Memphis earlier or a rejuvenated Warriors team.

But yeah, if you're just saying anything less than a championship is "an early playoff exit", I don't see a way around that unless we benefit from some key absences elsewhere. I'm disappointed that we won't be going all out to try and win it all while Chris is still a major factor but IMO that writing was apparent once the Sarver investigation went public.

I've reconciled myself to the high probablility that this season will not see us hosting the O'Brien trophy and the possibility that this is CP3's last year with us. Hopefully, with a new owner in place, over the next few years we'll be able to use CP3's cap space and our draft picks to find a new core to build around Booker and Bridges that has a real chance to compete for a championship. To make it happen though, we need a savvy owner that gets us back in the scouting game and adds a developmental program capable of turning mid to late round picks into real players.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Heat beat the Hornets 132-115 tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul is QUESTIONABLE.

Landry Shamet is OUT.

Ish Wainright is not on the injury report.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Healthy? I'm not convinced. I would not make us the favorites even if we somehow went on a tear and finished with the best record again but I wouldn't expect a repeat of last postseason either. If CP3 and squad are fully healthy though (which was clearly not the case last season), I'd expect at least an appearance in the Conference finals unless we somehow drew Memphis earlier or a rejuvenated Warriors team.

But yeah, if you're just saying anything less than a championship is "an early playoff exit", I don't see a way around that unless we benefit from some key absences elsewhere. I'm disappointed that we won't be going all out to try and win it all while Chris is still a major factor but IMO that writing was apparent once the Sarver investigation went public.

I've reconciled myself to the high probablility that this season will not see us hosting the O'Brien trophy and the possibility that this is CP3's last year with us. Hopefully, with a new owner in place, over the next few years we'll be able to use CP3's cap space and our draft picks to find a new core to build around Booker and Bridges that has a real chance to compete for a championship. To make it happen though, we need a savvy owner that gets us back in the scouting game and adds a developmental program capable of turning mid to late round picks into real players.
This window might have closed last year. I really thought if we landed KD that window would remain open. There have been a couple surprises like Cam Payne looking more like himself, but the team isn't as deep, CP3 is older, key guys that provided toughness are gone. We really need a good trade to have any shot at a title no matter how well they play this year IMO. My guess is the Suns will be in reload mode come next year and have to make some moves to make another run.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul and Laundry Shamet are OUT for the Suns.

Tyler Herro is OUT for the Heat.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ish Wainright is back with the team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges should have slammed the ball on the break.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are giving up wide open threes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally Craig hits a 3 to narrow Heat lead to 10-5.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a very good start.

Wish we would feed Ayton in this game.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Miami's fans might be the worst in the NBA... them or Atlanta.

No matter how good they are their lower bowl always looks half empty until like midway through the 3rd quarter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A three by Lee ties the game briefly at 17.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Washington comes into the game. I hardly recognized him because he has a new haircut.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why does Miami always shoot the 3 over 50% against the Suns?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End of 1st quarter:

Heat 35 - Suns 31

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads