Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
Coby White

Suns need a PG who can make open shots. Coby is the all-time leading scorer in NC high school history. He is a bigger PG at 6'5.
He and booker could become one of the best backcourts in a short few years.

Booker Bridges White provides great spacing and will allow Ayton space to score as well.

If White stays aggressive the suns will finally have the PG to run with Booker.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I'm leaning White, Clarke, Garland, Reddish, given the start-of-playoffs mock drafts. Valuing position of need and skill rather than potential.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm leaning White, Clarke, Garland, Reddish, given the start-of-playoffs mock drafts. Valuing position of need and skill rather than potential.
Reddish is nothing but potential. Unrralized potential. Yuck.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the players working out for this session of pre-draft workouts. Grant Williams is one of them.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the second group of workouts scheduled today.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The second group looks to be guards after looking up a couple of players.

I take that back. Ethan Happ is listed as a forward at 6'10".

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is something on guard Miye Oni:

Oni finished the 2018–2019 season averaging 17.1 points, 6.3 rebounds and 3.6 assists a game. He ranked top 10 in nearly every single Ivy League statistical category, tallying 1.3 blocks a game and shooting 44.1 percent from the field. He averaged 12.9 points in his first season with the Elis before increasing his scoring to 15.1 a game as a sophomore.

https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2019...uard-miye-oni-20-declares-for-2019-nba-draft/

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Here is something on guard Miye Oni:

Oni finished the 2018–2019 season averaging 17.1 points, 6.3 rebounds and 3.6 assists a game. He ranked top 10 in nearly every single Ivy League statistical category, tallying 1.3 blocks a game and shooting 44.1 percent from the field. He averaged 12.9 points in his first season with the Elis before increasing his scoring to 15.1 a game as a sophomore.

https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2019...uard-miye-oni-20-declares-for-2019-nba-draft/
Yale? He better shoot 45% from three!

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am thinking this is basically scouting the 32cnd pick.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That begs the question, if we bring in just lower down in the draft players, does that signal a possible 6th pick trade already?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am thinking this is basically scouting the 32cnd pick.

Maybe the Suns are looking at players that are not drafted as well.

I can't find a lot of the players on the mock draft prognostications except for Grant Williams.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Williams is the only one of those 12 even worth considering.

Although a lot of obscure players are worked out pre-draft every summer it could signal the Suns might be interested in trading #6 as Yuma suggests.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Reddish is nothing but potential. Unrralized potential. Yuck.

In Reddish's defense, few alpha dogs are used to going to place were TWO really good players take over and leave you scraps in a short amount of time.

He didn't shoot well, but he has the profile of someone who will be a good shooter.

I'm not too hot on White, he looks a bit too out of control and when I ask myself if I think he's going to be a really good player, I just don't see it.

The Suns don't necessarily have to hit a homerun with this pick, it might be smarter to focus on grabbing a good role player since the team lacks role players. Hunter or Reddish fit that bill. Trade away Warren and Bucks pick for a veteran PG.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Although a lot of obscure players are worked out pre-draft every summer it could signal the Suns might be interested in trading #6 as Yuma suggests.

That's fine, but I wouldn't draft any of the other 11 at any position.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That begs the question, if we bring in just lower down in the draft players, does that signal a possible 6th pick trade already?

It shouldn't and it hasn't in the past. We've brought in prospects whose pre-draft ratings have them going almost anywhere from top 5 to undrafted with no apparent connection to where we draft. And that is how it should be, we should be prepared for the possibility of trading up, down, out or standing pat. Plus you never know who will drop from mid round to the 2nd or climb from the teens to the top 5 and so on. I have no idea what we'll do and we may well have decided to not pick at 6 but we have 36 prospects coming in and they range all over the place.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Reddish's defense, few alpha dogs are used to going to place were TWO really good players take over and leave you scraps in a short amount of time.

He didn't shoot well, but he has the profile of someone who will be a good shooter.

I'm not too hot on White, he looks a bit too out of control and when I ask myself if I think he's going to be a really good player, I just don't see it.

The Suns don't necessarily have to hit a homerun with this pick, it might be smarter to focus on grabbing a good role player since the team lacks role players. Hunter or Reddish fit that bill. Trade away Warren and Bucks pick for a veteran PG.

Okay but do we really want someone that disappears or disappoints as he did if it's solely because he isn't the top dog? There may well be other reasons he struggled and I'm not ruling him out as our best option but I was unimpressed when I watched him play, not that I paid him much attention (I only suffered through Duke games because Zion was so intriguing to watch).

IMO Reddish got plenty of opportunities inside the offense so I don't know if that's really the issue, he certainly got a lot more minutes and chances than your average freshman (even compared to other highly recruited freshmen). As a comparison, his 30 minutes and 12 attempts per game is 3 minutes less than Ayton got in his only year but even with the extra minutes Deandre only averaged .9 more attempts per game.