Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Garland goes 3 or 4, the ultimate question is whether the Cavs would take Culver over Hunter. Something tells me they would not.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Garland goes 3 or 4, the ultimate question is whether the Cavs would take Culver over Hunter. Something tells me they would not.

Anyway possible for Barrett to fall?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the Knicks are considering a trade down?

Other teams are interested in moving up.

Jonathan Givony‏Verified account @DraftExpress

Darius Garland will conduct a last-minute workout in Tarrytown with the New York Knicks tomorrow, a source told ESPN. Garland is in serious consideration for the No. 3 pick. Minnesota, Boston, Chicago are teams looking at potentially trading up to No. 4 with Garland in mind.

9:19 AM - 18 Jun 2019

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a chance. If Barrett doesn't go 3, he absolutely goes 4, in my opinion.

Garland's workout in Los Angeles must have been off the chart. I wonder if the Suns even attended.

Yeah, Barrett will not not slide too far if he does.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Athletic in their latest mock 6.0 have Garland, Hunter and White going 4-6 respectively.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Athletic in their latest mock 6.0 have Garland, Hunter and White going 4-6 respectively.

In that scenario, White is my pick as well, with the hope that Monty can teach him how to play the point in the NBA.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns should consider something like this... trading for #8 and #10 with the Hawks if the draft falls that way.

Source: The Atlanta Hawks have been aggressive exploring trades packaging the No. 8 and 10 picks to move up in the draft. Their offer to the Knicks for the No. 3 pick was apparently rebuffed. The Pelicans are considering the possibility of trading the No. 4 pick for 8+10.

9:46 AM - 18 Jun 2019

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noteworthy The Athletic has Clarke sliding to #17.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns should consider something like this... trading for #8 and #10 with the Hawks if the draft falls that way.

Source: The Atlanta Hawks have been aggressive exploring trades packaging the No. 8 and 10 picks to move up in the draft. Their offer to the Knicks for the No. 3 pick was apparently rebuffed. The Pelicans are considering the possibility of trading the No. 4 pick for 8+10.

9:46 AM - 18 Jun 2019

If the Hawks offer 8 and 10, I grab it and don't think twice. Of course, I think there is about as much of a chance of the Hawks offering 8 and 10 to move up to 6 as there is that the Suns will sign Kyrie Irving or Kemba Walker.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Hawks offer 8 and 10, I grab it and don't think twice. Of course, I think there is about as much of a chance of the Hawks offering 8 and 10 to move up to 6 as there is that the Suns will sign Kyrie Irving or Kemba Walker.

Someone would have to slide to #6 whom the Hawks have interest. I'd be thrilled to get #8 and #10 for #6 unless the Suns are sold on White.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Trust me, if I'd really understood why that was I wouldn't have wimped out with the "it's my understanding".:cool:

I've tried to think of why this is so every time I read about how important it is. I'd imagine some of it has to do with matchup advantage, you usually end up against someone of similar height so the extra wingspan would help getting your shot off and defending too. But I don't know if that's all there is to it, I just know I've read it many times.
This is true. You can also factor in that smaller guys usually have quicker lateral movement and quicker change of direction. This helps with hands in the lane and finishing lay ups in traffic.

There's also a deception factor with guys like Westbrook. You body him up in the lane and then he extends those Wookie arms and your typical G has no chance defending it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Gambo is actually saying they have interest in white and garland believe it or not.

I am almost positive Hunter will be available at 6 - but unlike you that does not excite me.

The way things seem to be going now, I am thinking Culver may be the suns pick - if they don't trade down - which I also think seems quite possible.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the Suns would be looking at White and Hunter if Gambo is right. I like both and they fill needs. Culver might be an option as well.

John Gambadoro‏Verified account @Gambo987

Suns need a point guard and power forward - At #6 there is a decent chance they can end up with Coby White or DeAndre Hunter. Culver could be in play too as he can play some 1-2-3. Hunter can shoot and defend and would be an ideal fit.

10:35 AM - 18 Jun 2019

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So the Suns would be looking at White and Hunter if Gambo is right. I like both and they fill needs. Culver might be an option as well.

John Gambadoro‏Verified account @Gambo987

Suns need a point guard and power forward - At #6 there is a decent chance they can end up with Coby White or DeAndre Hunter. Culver could be in play too as he can play some 1-2-3. Hunter can shoot and defend and would be an ideal fit.

10:35 AM - 18 Jun 2019

I very much agree about Hunter, but very much disagree about Culver. He is not anywhere near a good enough passer or ball handler to play the 1, and he is too small to play the 3 (not to mention the fact that we currently have four other 3s, anyway).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I very much agree about Hunter, but very much disagree about Culver. He is not anywhere near a good enough passer or ball handler to play the 1, and he is too small to play the 3 (not to mention the fact that we currently have four other 3s, anyway).

I like Hunter and White better as well.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
They had a guest on 98.7, some Suns beat guy, and supposedly the Suns are VERY high on Culver primarily because of his ball handling skills. Evidently we lacked ball handling worse than defense or shooting. That was why J Crossover, and even to an extent, Jimmer Fredette were brought in. The Suns were supposedly wanting JJ to have handled some of those duties, but they didn't feel they could trust him.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They had a guest on 98.7, some Suns beat guy, and supposedly the Suns are VERY high on Culver primarily because of his ball handling skills. Evidently we lacked ball handling worse than defense or shooting. That was why J Crossover, and even to an extent, Jimmer Fredette were brought in. The Suns were supposedly wanting JJ to have handled some of those duties, but they didn't feel they could trust him.

Then Culver is about the last guy the Suns should be targeting. Among the guards, Culver is one of the worst ball-handlers in the entire draft. Just look at his assist to turnover ratio: 3.7 to 2.7 last year and 2.8 to 2.1 for his career. Yuck.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Then Culver is about the last guy the Suns should be targeting. Among the guards, Culver is one of the worst ball-handlers in the entire draft. Just look at his assist to turnover ratio: 3.7 to 2.7 last year and 2.8 to 2.1 for his career. Yuck.
Well that's the word, LOL! Maybe we need an actual scouting department. They did go to Texas to see this guy!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still in favor of Clarke, Hunter, Culver (in no particular order) or trade down or out.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm still in favor of Clarke, Hunter, Culver (in no particular order) or trade down or out.
I am MORE in the trade down camp than I was this morning. Above all, priority one is quality PG. Then we need bigs. Suns seem set on Culver. I know the guy has flaws, but if we pick 6 and don't go White, I want Hunter. If we can get Atlanta's two mids for our 6, I go with that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson