Suns @ Clippers Tuesday game thread 8-4-20 (season restart)

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have had 2 needs this entire season, PF and backup pg. Payne's play makes it seem like we solved one of them

I think Cam and Saric are making the need at PF less of an issue. It's a need but not as big of a hole. Add Oubre back into the rotation and hopefully that will keep everyone's minutes at a level where we don't see many injuries.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
now that we've got a half-court shot at making the play-in for the 8th seed,
i'd like to see the Suns go all-in by putting Oubre and Baynes on the floor.
less time for Saric and Kaminsky would be a plus in itself.

Saric can contribute, like he did today,
but generally should NOT be on the floor on offense in crunch time.
the defense slacks off him and he ends up with the ball too much.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I think Cam and Saric are making the need at PF less of an issue. It's a need but not as big of a hole. Add Oubre back into the rotation and hopefully that will keep everyone's minutes at a level where we don't see many injuries.

Agreed. Now the question is with the weirdness of this upcoming off-season (the cap and the tax are going to CRASH HARD): do we just bring everyone back and try to fill the need through the draft or void a bunch of options/waive bird rights and try to go after a fairly high priced fa/trade?

I was fairly sure before but not I'm not so sure any more

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite part of this image is the virtual fans in the background with their hands on their heads as if they knew what was going to happen.

That's funny. I missed that the first time around.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot that Book also hit a jumper with 30 seconds left to break the 113-113 tie. That was a superstar performance tonight in a big spot against a big time team. Love it.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I forgot that Book also hit a jumper with 30 seconds left to break the 113-113 tie. That was a superstar performance tonight in a big spot against a big time team. Love it.
Against arguably the 2 best perimeter defenders in the league, no less. Reminds me when he torched Ben Simmons earlier in the year.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this on Twitter but it's not a tweet that I can link. Booker has 3 buzzer beaters for the win in his career, including this one today, which ties him for the most in the league with Lebron.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also saw this tweet, which is kind of crazy to think about. Booker's scoring is at another level.

Booker is more likely to score 30+ points (82 games) than not reaching 20 points (78 games) in his career.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

There was the stat shown after the game about 30+ point games in Suns history and Booker has surpassed Amare on the Suns all time list. He's only behind Walter Davis now. I don't recall by how many games but being #2 on the all time Suns list of 30+ point games at his age is crazy.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Didn't realize the game was early today, and I had to work, anyway.

From the highlights and box score I saw, Devin Booker played like a man possessed. Why can't he play with that level of intensity, focus and determination more often? Payne carried the bench, and Bridges quietly had a solid all-around game. Everyone else apparently struggled, Cam Johnson was back to being Cam Johnson, and Ayton continues to do his best Benoit Benjamin/Joe Barry Carroll impression.

Monty continues to perform miracles with a subpar roster.

I just wish there was a way to get some consistency out of Booker, any kind of heart, will and toughness out of Ayton, and sensible roster building out of James Jones.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Easy there. Cam and Saric both got worked today.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Saric is making a contribution, now that he comes off the bench.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We have had 2 needs this entire season, PF and backup pg. Payne's play makes it seem like we solved one of them
He’s surprised me in the games he’s played. But I’m taking this slow. It’s three games. We’ve gotten excited about flashes in the pan before.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just three games but looks like something special brewing for next season, and next season is coming soon once this one is over.

The young guys seem to really get along, Baynes was like meh.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose