Suns @ Bucks Wednesday Finals game thread 7-14-2021 - Game 4

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we lose this game and the series is 2-2, how will you all be feeling?

I still feel good at this point because:

1. The Scott Foster game is done. I assume he won't officiate another game in this series.
2. Book only getting only 10 points against just isn't going to happen.
3. I expect they will have a game plan to keep Ayton on the floor.
4. The Suns have been fantastic at bouncing back after a loss all season. I'm even kinda happy that the loss was a beatdown because I think this will further help them bring the necessary intensity in game four.

With all of that said, if they do lose I think the series literally becomes a toss up. We will have home court advantage but they will have the momentum.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

1. The Scott Foster game is done. I assume he won't officiate another game in this series.
4. The Suns have been fantastic at bouncing back after a loss all season. I'm even kinda happy that the loss was a beatdown because I think this will further help them bring the necessary intensity in game four.

With all of that said, if they do lose I think the series literally becomes a toss up. We will have home court advantage but they will have the momentum.
I don't think is worth contemplating at the moment.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you think Bridges was a problem it is because A. you don't understand his role, or B. Don't understand he is only a role player.

Booker on the other hand is the primary offensive engine.

It's fine though, I think anyone that actually believed the Suns were going to win game 3 is crazy. I expected to lose, and still expect the suns to win in 5. It's all about human psychology, and this was the expected result.

It is amazing what playing at home did for the Bucks and what playing in a hostile environment did to the Suns.

The Bucks were desperate and it showed. Hopefully we will not have to manufacture desperation now that we've been embarrassed. I fully expect them to bring the energy and aggression needed to compete in game 4.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's nowhere near panic time. They always say the first team to lose at home has all the pressure in the series. The Suns did what they were supposed to. The Bucks did the same Game 3. The Bucks have to win game 4 to take the pressure off. Then the Suns to take care of home court again. The series has so many things that can change that I am just going to focus on the next one for now.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about this game. Last time they lost, I was convinced the Clippers broke the Suns. Instead, they came back and kicked butt. They did get beat badly in game three, but I don't see how this happens again. Suns shot like crap, Ayton was in foul trouble, Paul was just kind of... average. Outside of Cam J and Crowder (and Ayton before the foul trouble) nobody could score. Booker played like crap. Bucks were just playing out of their minds. I really can't imagine this happens again. On the other hand, it is tough to get beat like they got beat and just put it behind you. Monty will need to make some adjustments and the Suns will (I hope) come out swinging and get back in control.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but the old graphic, music from the Suns still gets me pumped. I remember sitting in that arena so many times that year just jacked after that intro.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Foster will definitely get another game if it goes 6-7. A couple refs have already been used twice in the finals so far.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm still all sunshine and rainbows. I dont see us losing this series.
I don't know about you guys but the old graphic, music from the Suns still gets me pumped. I remember sitting in that arena so many times that year just jacked after that intro.

did they stop using that song before games? that was iconic.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It’s amazing how a single loss causes the board to go full hunger games.
It's interesting to note that of our 5 post-season losses, 4 were by 14 points or more, while, excluding the Nuggets, our wins have been a bit tighter.
So when we lose, it's been a bit shocking to see how bad we played. Probably nothing more than a sign of a very young & inexperienced team.
I think at this late stage of the post-season (we're a week away for 2 whole months of post-season play! :oops:), the challenge is going to be mainly mental stamina. Can this young team rally, mentally/emotionally, to a level that will bring them 2 more wins...I think that's something to watch from this point forward.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Well I was wrong on game 3. I may be delusional, but I still think we win this series!

Strongstyle

Rookie
Reaction score

Billythekidd

Rookie
Reaction score

The absolute best!

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
Alan Parsons should have milked the tune more when like 4-5 NBA were using it. Still surprised at how few people know where the tune originated, for so many it's just "the Bulls/Suns intro music".

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alan Parsons should have milked the tune more when like 4-5 NBA were using it. Still surprised at how few people know where the tune originated, for so many it's just "the Bulls/Suns intro music".

I like to listen to Sirius and Eye In The Sky by Alan Parsons back-to-back but unfortunately they don't don't sell these songs together in a package or at least they didn't when I bought Eye In The Sky. IMO, these songs are made to go together.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like to listen to Sirius and Eye In The Sky by Alan Parsons back-to-back but unfortunately they don't don't sell these songs together in a package or at least they didn't when I bought Eye In The Sky. IMO, these songs are made to go together.

There's a wonderful thing called iTunes nowadays. You can play any 2 songs together you'd like. ;)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a wonderful thing called iTunes nowadays. You can play any 2 songs together you'd like. ;)

That's where I download my music but I like to store it on a separate device.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As if I wasn't already nervous for Game 4, I now have that much more incentive.

After just being thankful to have been able to attend Game 1 in person, I just got home from work to my wife informing me my son and I are going to Game 5, too. How incredible it would be to see the Suns win the championship in person!

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Bucks played a near perfect game, and we sucked in every phase last game. It's unlikely for that to happen again to quite those extremes. Outside of Crowder, we couldn't hit a shot. Even our uncanny free throw shooting looked atrocious, like they were playing on oval carnival rims or something.
The Bucks have figured out that running virtually every play through Giannis has given them their best shot, he either makes the basket or gets the foul (or kicks out to Middleton).
You won't beat that, he's too good and he gets too much help from the refs. The only way to beat it is to get him out of the game by running your own offense directly at him early in the game and make him have to exit the floor with his own foul trouble. Get him two in the first quarter and you'll see things even up. Ayton can't take on Giannis and Lopez both, but Lopez alone is a better situation.
Our guards have to shoot better, pure and simple. Can't win without it.
They were getting desperate enough to have our backups frantically turning the ball over last night. Keep our starters properly in the game, and play a bit closer and there won't be desperation. Payne repeatedly driving the basket against the towers was just dumb.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson