Suns @ Bucks Sunday game thread 2-26-2023

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Really? They were California competitors until Del Taco beat them by buying them out in the mid-90's.
That explains it. I lived in Oakhurst, CA from 1991 to 1996 and they didn't have one in that small town. Then I moved out of state until I moved to San Diego in 2000.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Booker and Paul just weren’t very good today and blew opportunities down the stretch. No role player stepped up today. Payne was atrocious. And Ayton is the single softest center in the nba. Getting dunked on by old man earthbound brook Lopez is just embarrassing. Seriously he should be embarrassed. His hands should also be embarrassed. He should cut them off and leave them in Wisconsin. Wouldn’t change his aptitude catching the ball.

This team has a lot of work to do.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker and Paul just weren’t very good today and blew opportunities down the stretch. No role player stepped up today. Payne was atrocious. And Ayton is the single softest center in the nba. Getting dunked on by old man earthbound brook Lopez is just embarrassing. Seriously he should be embarrassed. His hands should also be embarrassed. He should cut them off and leave them in Wisconsin. Wouldn’t change his aptitude catching the ball.

The Suns will definitely need more from Cam Payne and their bench.

As mentioned, team basketball wins.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I think getting a top 15 player all time will really help this squad.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jae Crowder killed us.. We sure could have used his 3s..

Jk.. jk..
I really hate to say this, but his defense on Book did kind of kill us. I think we would have won if he hadn't played.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really hate to say this, but his defense on Book did kind of kill us. I think we would have won if he hadn't played.

Probably.. or someone else may have stepped up and just done enough to beat us. Lets just hope we get better.. win most of games to get our confidence going and lose a little to keep us humble going into the playoffs.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
What the hell is this Micky Mouse schedule from nba.com?

Just wanted a quick overview of our remaining games. Should think 25-30 lines would fit on one screen.

Some tough opponents. Hopefully we can win 60% of them and have KD for most of the games.

Attachments

• remaining-games.png
    remaining-games.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 8

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not gloating about anything I’ve gotten right. I’m pointing out how WRONG you’ve been about so many major decisions this team has made for a decade.

This is such ridiculous revisionist history I don’t even know what to say here.

You REPEATEDLY said the bad press was bunk and part of a conspiracy against the Suns. And that Sarver had really changed and stepped back and righted his behavior. REPEATEDLY. Do I need to go back and find those posts like I found the Watson one which you SWORE I was lying about?

Sure it does. In this situation it’s used as evidence as to why I believe in the Durant move so much as it’s part of a pattern of how badly you misjudge this team, to WILD degrees for over a decade.

This post is a one day break.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Freakin hate the clippers and Paul George going bezerker on us all the time but for some reason Kawhi doesn't - I think we'll take'm with KD in the mix now but Dallas scares me - if Luka and Kyrie can complement each other they'll be there at the end
And we'll have exactly no idea on how to beat Dallas and we cannot figure out why all of a sudden (last year perhaps) they've started beating us since we used to be a perfect 8-0 or something since the Ayton draft.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I didn't think Booker had any problem driving by Crowder. His threes hurt though. Booker needs to learn not to drive into a collapsing defense.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't think Booker had any problem driving by Crowder. His threes hurt though. Booker needs to learn not to drive into a collapsing defense.
It was pretty obvious how well Crowder knew what we were trying to do, he blew up our offense multiple times. Yes Booker drove around him a few times, but that was what Jae wanted him to do, and it worked for the most part.

Not saying he had a huge effect, but the game was close enough I think his D put them over the top.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And we'll have exactly no idea on how to beat Dallas and we cannot figure out why all of a sudden (last year perhaps) they've started beating us since we used to be a perfect 8-0 or something since the Ayton draft.

Kidd has been their coach for the last 1.5 seasons I think.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think getting a top 15 player all time will really help this squad.
lol, of course. But they all need to rediscover their games. Even without him they shouldn’t be this clunky. And yes I recognize book and Payne are just working their way back and everyone has to adjust around each other.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This why the Suns blew it up. Not the same team that went to the playoffs last year.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
The main reason is our offense was a one-trick pony, Paul and DA pick and not much roll but Paul dribbling sideways waiting for defense to collaps, but Kidd figured out all the angles and everything got covered in motion.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The main reason is our offense was a one-trick pony, Paul and DA pick and not much roll but Paul dribbling sideways waiting for defense to collaps, but Kidd figured out all the angles and everything got covered in motion.
It was an impressive defensive design.

Superbone

Reaction score
For some reason Book and Paul think they should be closing out games...don't change anything play the way you played to get you to that point...I hate when we totally change our style the last 5 mins
Great points. All of a sudden we stop our 0.5 offense that worked for us all game long and go to iso ball where the defense can concentrate on the ball handler.

Superbone

Reaction score
So... are we going to adopt that F*** Crowder t-shirt the next time the Bucks come to town?

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
So... are we going to adopt that F*** Crowder t-shirt the next time the Bucks come to town?
I liked the toughness Crowder brought to the court but off court the guy is handle with care ^ this end up ^ F-R-A-G-I-L-E

Running around talking about it being mutual. Nah, Jae Crowder was more than welcome in Phx - but got extremely butthurt when told the organization wanted to develop and start Cam Johnson - which he took as them saying Cam Johnson was better than he was. So he slammed his little emotional basketball on the court, tried to catch it on the way back up but it made it's way into the stands and he got called for an emotional technical. He went home and pouted for months - even after Cam Johnson was injured and he was most likely delighted by our struggles

So yeah... **** Jae Crowder

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked the toughness Crowder brought to the court but off court the guy is handle with care ^ this end up ^ F-R-A-G-I-L-E

Running around talking about it being mutual. Nah, Jae Crowder was more than welcome in Phx - but got extremely butthurt when told the organization wanted to develop and start Cam Johnson - which he took as them saying Cam Johnson was better than he was. So he slammed his little emotional basketball on the court, tried to catch it on the way back up but it made it's way into the stands and he got called for an emotional technical. He went home and pouted for months - even after Cam Johnson was injured and he was most likely delighted by our struggles

So yeah... **** Jae Crowder
Except according to Gambo that is not exactly how it played out. Sounds like Monty didn't like the personality of McGee and Jae. He also said Monty is the one that instigated Jae staying at home. So, sounds like the situation was more complicated and Monty was just as much to blame for how the Jae situation played out. IMO, it was handled badly all the way around.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose