Suns at Mavs

Qmiles23

Rookie
Reaction score
Big game today. I don't know if we can pull it out though. I think the Mavs are going to win but of course Im rooting for the suns :D

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We just got beat by the Mavs at home. We need to take this one, with or without Nash.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Um, what's wrong with Amare'?

This is from the ESPN pregame:

· Amare Stoudemire FC Personal Questionable Sat. vs Dal. 2/26
· Quentin Richardson GF Achilles Tendon Questionable Sat. vs Dal. 2/26
· Steve Nash PG Hamstring Game time decision Sat. vs Dal. 2/26

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
71-68 at the half.

That's the final score of almost every Detroit Pistons game played last year.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
BC and the Suns front office made a lot of great moves in the last year but not resigning JJ was a huge blunder.

Great Win!!!!

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

CLEAN BLOCK by Marion...gotta love it...

Couldn't believe we came back from 6 down to win....unbelievable...

Mike

samtheman

Reaction score
Why does D'Antoni not play hunter? He seemed good in the four minutes that he played.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
devilalum said:
BC and the Suns front office made a lot of great moves in the last year but not resigning JJ was a huge blunder.

Great Win!!!!

I agree that we need to resign him, but there is no viable reason to say it was a "huge blunder" so far.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I agree that we need to resign him, but there is no viable reason to say it was a "huge blunder" so far.

Its just an opinion but I think the Suns are going to end up paying him a lot more this summer than they would have last summer.

If they lose him maybe they can replace him with a piece that will work but I doubt it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
devilalum said:
Its just an opinion but I think the Suns are going to end up paying him a lot more this summer than they would have last summer.

If they lose him maybe they can replace him with a piece that will work but I doubt it.

After a great win, there's no reason for this negativity, don't you think?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
And by the way the Mavs are now 28 and 1 when leading after 3.:D

mribnik

Reaction score
LOL this is so funny. We win it with a block at the end despite a well-run play by the opposing team. If you check out the ESPN board, pretty much all of the mavs fans are calling for a whistle while some of the sensible ones are saying Dirk went up weak and should've gone up strong with the ball. Sound familiar? lol

Oh, and against sac we won 125-123. Tonight it was 124-123. hehe

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
After a great win, there's no reason for this negativity, don't you think?

I'm not being negative just admiring how JJ has improved.

I am just soaking in this season. I've been around long enough to know a dream season when I see one.

This is right up there with the Suns 92-92 or the Dbacks 2001. Everybody keeps worrying about the playoffs. I'm just enjoying every game one at a time.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
OHHH BROTHER...!!!

What a game! What a couple of plays, one on offense and one of defense!

JJ and Marion are DA MEN!

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
Why would the Suns let JJ go?

This guy is CLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTCH!!!

As the guys in the chat were saying, JJ and Q just complement each other so well.

Terrible D for most of the night, but it only took a few stops down the stretch to take it!

Great shot by JJ, great block by Shawn, great win by the Suns!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
mribnik said:
LOL this is so funny. We win it with a block at the end despite a well-run play by the opposing team. If you check out the ESPN board, pretty much all of the mavs fans are calling for a whistle while some of the sensible ones are saying Dirk went up weak and should've gone up strong with the ball. Sound familiar? lol

Oh, and against sac we won 125-123. Tonight it was 124-123. hehe

Unlike the Kings game there's no contraversy here. Even Cuban shut up after he saw that Marion didn't touch him.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Eddie Johnson Quote:

OOOHHHHH, that was cold-blooded!!!

:thumbup:

mribnik

Reaction score
devilalum said:
Unlike the Kings game there's no contraversy here. Even Cuban shut up after he saw that Marion didn't touch him.

I think it's a problem of the mavs fans not understanding the rules. From what I'm hearing, Marion hit the ball and Dirk's hand right? I guess they don't realize that the hand is a part of the ball.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

This is almost certainly not true. Reports are that the new CBA will have shorter contracts and, most likely, smaller raises. That means that even if Johnson's starting salary ends up being higher than it would have been under a contract drawn up last summer, the total amount is almost guaranteed to be lower.

In other news,

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGHHHHH!

I didn't get to see the last minute and a half! I thought everything was under control for me to watch the end of the game, but then we had a toddler issue. I quietly assumed that the Suns had lost -- in spite of my usual optimism, which you're all so familiar with -- and then I looked at the scoreboard and said, "Huh???"

At least I saw a replay of Marion's block. It looked fine to me.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Even though I couldn't see the finish, I think this is a great win. The fact that the Suns beat a top team on the road, without their best player, and in spite of committing 19 turnovers is kind of amazing. If they had taken care of the ball, it wouldn't have been close. Dallas isn't a top defensive team, obviously, but given how much the Suns have struggled without Nash on the offensive end no matter who the opponent is, it's great to see them spend 48 minutes finding other ways to get high-percentage shots.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen