Suns @ 76ers Wednesday game thread 4-21-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty doesn't think Paul missed the free throw on purpose.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reportedly Crowder tweaked his ankle. We will find out more tomorrow.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's.the sort of win that makes you give a hard stare at games like the Spurs

good teams just have stinkers every once in a while. Reminded me of the 1993 Suns who were on fire and then just out of nowhere lost to the Nets at home by like 30.

regardless, this team has been given me so much entertainment during a really rough time that I just can’t get mad at them for a loss like that. I’ll vent in threads, mostly during Ws and loom foolish at the end, but the losses are so few and far between that I can just throw them away this season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even with Embiid's numbers Monty thought the Suns made it tough on him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the record, Chris Paul was trying to make the second free throw.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@AzStevenCal

No one seems to be questioning whether Embiid got the shot off in time. I was wondering about it as well.

This is from Kellan Olson of Arizona Sports:

With the Suns up two and 0.8 seconds left, Chris Paul came to the free throw line for Phoenix to permanently ice out the game.

He made the first, and the second one bounced high off the front of the rim. 76ers center and MVP candidate Joel Embiid grabbed it and hucked it down the court toward the basket, somehow getting it off in time and nearly sinking the game-tying shot to go to overtime.

https://arizonasports.com/story/262...iid-nearly-sends-it-to-ot-with-80-foot-heave/

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chilly cattle drive dinner bong hit suns w perfect night I'm so enthusiastic now :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I watched it a few times and just couldn't tell for sure and someone on NBA TV (can't remember if it was the Philly broadcast crew or the NBA TV guys just after the game) also wondered the same thing. Did you see something official or semi-official on it or are you offering your opinion?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol I've watched that missed 3 embid like 20 times almost a hailembid lol he is an incredible player fun to watch

If he was healthy and available every night he'd be the best player in the league, the guy is incredible. I just wish he had to play the game by the same rules as the rest of the league. He travels and commits fouls regularly and rarely gets called for either.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
If he was healthy and available every night he'd be the best player in the league, the guy is incredible. I just wish he had to play the game by the same rules as the rest of the league. He travels and commits fouls regularly and rarely gets called for either.
I feel the same way. He also lives at the line because he flops on a regular basis.

However, in an attempt to be objective, I noticed that the refs have been giving the Suns more favor in games. Particularly on the defensive end. I've noticed it mostly with swats that come down on the ball. Any other year if we swipe at the ball we get called. However, at this point of the year they are giving us a lot more love on those calls. I saw it about 5 times tonight. The only one I remember getting called was Crowder on Embid.

It would seem that the league has embraced the Suns as a defensive team and so they get away with a lot more questionable calls than earlier this season. This bodes well for us if it carries over to the playoffs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose